+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 1/1 Premiere Show discussion **spoilers**

FORT Fanatic

Re: 1/1 Premiere Show discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2739255;
    I love the yellow team. They seem to be ok at sometimes and friendlier at other times. I think he was trying to be funny/sarcastic with his comments and it more than backfired on him. I would probably lay odds that that's the way they always communicated-wonder why she left the marriage?!!
    That was my reaction, too. It is obvious that they still care for each other but it seemed that he was using his "humor" as a weapon against her.

I was raised in a family that used that method of communicating. It was only when I moved three thousand miles away from them that I realized it was verbal abuse. Plain and simple.

The guy on the yellow team annoyed me with his comment. I loved the look on Bob's face when he said it. Bob looked ready to take him to task.

I love that they showed Bob's tougher side, too. It is nice to see he can be as strict a taskmaster as Jillian.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I think my fave teams are grey (ROLL TIDE!) and yellow. I was really disappointed with the dad on the green team though!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

bama..... I thought immediately of you when the hubby on the grey team said something about being from "bamalama"

I loved the son on the orange team's (okay, how Family Guy was he? He's also a few pounds shy of being a Bruce Vilanch wannabe) comment about Bob: "He takes your soul out of you... crushes it into little pieces and then crams it back in your pocket." It was just so funny being said about BOB, of all people.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2739255;
    Great show-I love that there is no 24 hour wait before being booted. I'm glad that the green team was the one to go. Daughter and Dad still lost weight (30 pounds in 6 weeks is not too shabby!)
    30lbs in 6 weeks is not bad... but considering he had already lost 19lbs at the ranch it wasn't much more. But I still had to laugh at the fact that she was doing so much whining about her father not working out at home... but he had lost 11lbs and she had only lost another 13.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

This season is really looking up. Lots of great personalities, and the dynamics between the pairs is keeping things interesting.

I was really surprised that everyone rushed to Jillian. She would certainly be my choice for a trainer, but I thought that most people loved Bob's new-agey method.

I thought the right team got booted. Lazy old fart. Sure, it's great he lost 30 pounds, but the guy started off at over 400. His age should be pushing him to work harder, not whine about his "60-year-old feet". He struck me as someone who wasn't totally convinced he even needed to lose a vast amount of weight. I hope he pushes himself a bit more - there's a reason there are very few, if any, 400-lb 80-year-olds walking around.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

By the time I remember this was on last night It was after 10pm, are they repeating this episode anywhere??
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

My favorite teams are the blue and pink team so far and I think that I can grow to like orange too. Its amazing how the two teams that cried were in the top 2 weight loss category.

I was looking forward to this new season. I think we will have a great season, both as viewers for entertainment as well as success stories.

I'm glad the green team went home. I think the daughter can achieve more success and less heartache being apart from her dad. So far I don't have any favorites but the orange team is one I'd like to see go far. (Broadway: you are so right about the Bruce Vilanch look-alike)
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2739436;
    I was really surprised that everyone rushed to Jillian. She would certainly be my choice for a trainer, but I thought that most people loved Bob's new-agey method.
    Don't let anyone fool you. No matter what they say, every one of them would appreciate winning the money--even if they also want to truly lose the weight.

And one of Jillian's charges has won every season she's been on (although Bob won a few times in that short-term Season 2 1/2 "Special Edition" thing, and his guy of course won in Season 3 against Kim's team).

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread