Thread: Neill & Amanda - Husband and Wife

Neill & Amanda - Husband and Wife

Neill's Biography

Height:
    5'10"

Hometown:
    Oklahoma City,
    OK

Neill was born in Indiana and moved every few years due to his father being in the Air Force. He is thankful for this because he was able to see the beauty of his own country and that of other countries.

Neill now works as a web developer for an advertising firm in Oklahoma City. He is very proud of marrying his wife and having their son Aiden.

Neill and Amanda have a very tight bond and absolutely adore one another. That love will shine through and propel them towards their weight loss goals on the show.

Amanda's Biography

Height:
    5'2"

Hometown:
    Oklahoma City,
    OK

Amanda's life began about 4 miles from where she now lives in Oklahoma City. She's the only child of an accountant and a draftsman. She graduated from high school in 1996 as valedictorian, and immediately began her art degree at The University of Oklahoma.

Amanda met her husband Neill in 1999 when they walked down the aisle the first time together at their best friends' wedding (as maid of honor and best man). They married in October of 2004, and almost 9 months to the day later, their son Aiden was born. Amanda is now an art teacher at the Oklahoma City Art Museum and The Fine Arts Institute in Edmond Oklahoma. Most of her free time is spent chasing her 2 year-old son, painting, dabbling in photography and eating.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: Neill & Amanda - Husband and Wife

Okay, they are both REALLY young. That gives them, as a pair, a big advantage over most of these teams.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2734325;
    Okay, they are both REALLY young. That gives them, as a pair, a big advantage over most of these teams.
    I dont think being really young will help if your mind isnt into it.
    If your not the lead dog the scenery never changes

Like Jillian, Neill really pissed me off in the premiere episode. He just couldn't stop resting during each exercise. I know it's probably really hard for these contestants, but they know what they got themselves in to. Neill did say that he wanted to go to Bob since he's seemingly the nicer trainer, but Bob still will be on your case about how well your exercising.

But Amanda is great. She has less weight to lose than her husband, and yet she lost one more pound than he did at the weigh-in.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

They are on Ellen right now. She looks damn good. She's lost about another 29 lbs since she's been home. He's lost about 30 more I think he said.

Imagine my surprise this morning when Amanda and Neill showed up on the "Today" show, interviewed by Ann Curry. I didn't catch the entire segment, but based on the number of media appearances they have racked up, they are milking their 15 minutes for all they are worth.

Amanda looked cute & smaller. Neill didn't seem any smaller than when we last saw him. As the interview was going on, they showed clips of Neill falling off the treadmill & Jillian chewing him out as he stood sullenly with arms folded. What else could they show, since there's no flattering footage of Neill in existence?

I really wish them the best and hope they show up at the finale looking good. But it is going to be an uphill battle, since one half of that pair seems so much more into putting in the effort than the other. If Neill loses his motivation to keep going, that's going to make it doubly hard on his wife to keep up with her new habits.

FORT Fanatic

Thanks, Hikari!

I went to the Today Show website and watched the interview there. It was interesting, wasn't it? They said they workout for 3-4 hours a day and motivate each other. They also said they have a high calorie day, but still limit how many calories they can consume on that day.

I'm still not feeling it, though, from him...

That claim of 3-4 hours of workouts daily, with (hopefully) full-time job(s) and a toddler to care for seemed a little extreme to me based on the results. Also, if Neill is consuming 3000 calories on even one day a week, that might account for his sluggish pace of weight loss. Even for a big guy, that's a high number.

He may be a person who really shines in private & is a completely different (better) person when no one but his wife is watching. Could be. But maybe she's acheived so much weight loss on account of having to drag his inert butt around (weight resistance training!)

I hope they at least lose enough weight to be healthy for their little one.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I agree that 3-4 hours a day is a lot especially if there's a job, family, etc in there. I generally work out almost 3 hours a day, but I'm a Grad Student and I don't have family. So all I have right now is school and working out, occasionally there's some going out. But no way would I have time to devote 3 hours a day if I worked 8 hours a day on top of that.

+ Reply to Thread