+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Maggie & Jenn - Best Friends/Camp Counselors

Re: Maggie & Jenn - Best Friends/Camp Counselors

I'm thinking it'll be the one who's almost consistently lost very little weight (in comparison of course). I don't know them enough to tell who's who.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Pickle2008;2768185;
    I think that it is funny. These girls have been going to Fat Camp for 10-11 years and still look the way that they do. I also attended the same fat camp that they did. I only went once though. I think it is physically impossible for Jenn to lose weight. I think her body was just made to have big thighs and a big hips and big butt. I am not trying to insult her...just speaking how I feel. Jenn was like the aerobics teacher for Camp Shane and she is still overweight. Who knows what she looks like now, or if this show helped her. Hopefully it did.
    to FORT, Pickle2008! So did you actually have her as an aerobics teacher?
    I'd agree with you about her not being able to change if we hadn't seen Susie, with essentially the same build, change so dramatically after she left the show. The change between the next to last show, where she still was big below the waist, and the final show, was incredible.
    Eagerly awaiting your insider scoop, rejectioncity!

FORT Newbie

Yeah she was the aerobics teacher at Camp Shane the same year I went...and I would also like to hear the inside scoop as well....

Aerobics requires getting your heart rate up to burn fat and strengthen the heart. If she was able to teach a class and not really lose weight, there has to be a medical reason for this.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Newbie

I went to camp shane as well in 2002 and took her aerobics class everyday. It was the best aerobics I've ever done. She wasn't that big at all back then, but she did his a big butt and thighs. I was shocked to see her on tv because she looked familiar, I just couldn't pin point from where and then I remembered.

I have warmed to Maggie more since the departure of her buddy. I may have not seen the earlier unflattering episodes, but Maggie seems the less whiny of the two to me and demonstrably more mature. Of the two friends, she can probably cope better with being separated from her teammate.

Maggie is a very attractive girl, lovely hair, well-spoken. Needs to lose the distracting blue eyeshadow, though! Ah, she's 23 years old, she'll grow out of that.

I understand needing to lose weight for her job, but I do wonder if she isn't actually a more effective counselor to overweight kids being a little heavier? Someone who is closer to the kids' size might actually be a more inspirational figure than a Workout Barbie stick-thin type. The kids may feel that someone who is slender represents an unreachable body goal, as much as they might envy it. More important than being skinny, I think, the counselors should model good eating habits, making physical activity fun and positive self-image, even if she a size 12 and not a 2.

I hope the management of the camp will be willing to welcome back Jenn and Maggie after this experience, even if they are not at 'goal' according to some chart. The goal of any fitness program should be to make kids (and adults) happier and healthier in the bodies they have, even if those bodies don't conform to the 'ideal'.

I think a size 10 or 12 is perfect for someone in their situation, for the reasons you have mentioned, hikari. Those sizes are a healthy weight, just bordering on overweight and certainly not obese. I'd have a tough time taking direction from someone who is clearly obese and trying to teach me healthy eating habits. It would be much more comfortable than someone who has no body fat and sculpted like Venus.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by rejectioncity;2759016;
    There is no way to sneak food in. The cast's luggage was searched by production and what/when they eat is constantly monitored. I wouldn't draw any conclusions just yet. There was something relevant in the medical screening done during the show that has not been shown in the first episodes. I don't know if production is saving it for later use or if it doesn't fit the story line.
    There may not be ways to sneak food in, but the fridge and pantry at BL don't just have health food in them.

Past contestants have let me know that there are all kinds of foods that are absolutely not on their diet in the kitchen. Since the contestants are responsible for preparing their own meals, etc... they could very easily be misjudging their portion sizes. .

I agree that it's very easy to misjudge portions. Especially when you're used to such extremely large sizes. It's amazing how much food a person really needs compared to the portions of some things.

CCL

^ But I would presume they have food scales in the kitchen so that they could weigh their food thus making sure they have the correct portion size.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast