+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Paul & Kelly - Ex-Husband and Wife

FORT Fogey

Re: Paul & Kelly - Ex-Husband and Wife

I was stunned when I heard he had a girlfriend. A woman with that weight would probably not find a boyfriend. Just because he as a girlfriend does not mean that he doesn't want his wife back though.

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie;2766571;
    Was Paul too cute with his martial arts outfit and moves, or what? The man has a lot of heart, that's obvious.
    He reminded me of these panda bears that we used to see everywhere here. They were little stuffed animals in martial arts suits. Paul looked like a martial arts panda!

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Watching Paul open up in his therapy session really touched my heart.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Who knew he had all of that bottled up inside me. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2793800;
    Who knew he had all of that bottled up inside him. Wow.
    I know, what an awful history to drag around with you. I've always had a soft spot for this man - I hope he makes it to the finals. He deserves good things.

I really did not like him at all at first. But I'm warming to Paul for sure. He carries such an immense amount of emotional baggage from childhood and adulthood.

I was very sorry to see Paul go this week. I really felt that he needed to stay at the ranch to keep reinforcing new habits. And, wasn't Brittany a snarky wench at the elimination ceremony?

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie;2806641;
    I was very sorry to see Paul go this week. I really felt that he needed to stay at the ranch to keep reinforcing new habits. And, wasn't Brittany a snarky wench at the elimination ceremony?
    I think Paul should have had the chance to stay because he needed it the most out of all of the Black team but he did come to the elimination room with his yellow shirt on his back and an obvious chip on his shoulder. Not that the yellow shirt made a difference in the end but if the younger ones had voted Kelly off - he would have had hell to pay when it came to trying to become part of the Black team again.

Poor Paul though...I don't think he is going to be one of Biggest Loser success stories. I know he had the hospital stay after he left the campus but heck, he should have lost a lot since leaving (if other eliminated people have lost so much - he could too...they obviously have support if they choose to use it after elimination). I've been in the hospital lots of times. I didn't gain or lose any memorable amounts of weight. So the hospital was just an excuse for him. He didn't try in any significant way to lose weight after he left the campus. Probably that chip on his shoulder that is weighing him down.

That said...I also agree there was no need for Brittany's attitude. She still has to be a team with Kelly so she should suck up and not verbalize her disdain.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by KaiCee;2806826;
    I think Paul should have had the chance to stay because he needed it the most out of all of the Black team but he did come to the elimination room with his yellow shirt on his back and an obvious chip on his shoulder.
    This is where that girl's logic--her pretense at being mortally offended--is shown up as bull.

They all voted before they came back to that room. So to pose it as "how dare you say I've been targeting you, now I'll have to vote you off for that"? Come on.

Paul & Kelly knew, for at least two weeks, possibly three, that they were gone the moment there was an opportunity. Nobody tried to even hide it from them, I think. So to have your nose in the air insisting that you are offended because they said they felt like it was still them versus everyone else is disingenuous to the extreme. It's an attempt at emotional manipulation to strike a shot at these people and gain a moral high ground that you don't deserve.

Paul was a twit mostly, but he was completely in the right about how he was treated by the team, what his fate was always to be, and simply admitting it is not so much bad grace as the person saying they felt "hurt" by his attitude was an exhibition of even worse grace.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

PWS
    FORT Fogey

On one of the other threads someone posted that the treatment for pneumonia now involves steroids, and that people usually gain 8-10 pounds from taking them... which comes off again later. He gained 6 but has since lost 3 of them. And he couldn't exercise while he was sick and no doubt was limited for a while afterwards... and lost a lot of muscle from stopping exercising the way he had been at the gym, so he couldn't just keep going at the same rate they had been. So crossing my fingers for him.
    I agree with the above comments about Brit--Paul may have been a jerk, but her acting as if she had never dreamed of voting him off until he wore his yellow shirt and complained was just stupid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast