+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bette-Sue & Ali - Mother and Daughter

Re: Bette-Sue & Ali - Mother and Daughter

Bette-Sue is amazing. She cried because she was exhausted but she didn't quit. Go Bette!
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fanatic

Isn't she? I was so impressed that during that whole conversation with Jillian, she just kept peddling that recumbent bike and telling Jillian that she wasn't going to quit, just that she was at a point further out than she had ever been and was exhausted.

AND she picked up those 20 pounds and went for a walk and used it as a time of reflection which spawned several A-ha moments for her.

I think some other players could learn from her approach. She is a TOTAL inspiration to me!

You go, Bette-Sue!

Premium Member

I love this woman. The way she continues to amaze herself by doing things she never thought possible inspires me to work harder.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I cried during Bette Sue & Ali's conversation when they were opening up to each other. I LOVE Bette Sue!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Their interaction last night was touching. I think it would be hard, as a mother, to admit I messed up my kids. (Although I"m sure I should at least pay for their first couple years of therapy as a courtesy.)

Good for Jillian for getting that conversation going. Some things just have to get out in the open before people can move on. I hope this team does really well.
    "They want you to do a TV show?"
    "Well, they want me to come up with an idea. I don't have any ideas."
    "C'mon, how hard is that? Look at all the junk that's on TV."
    - George and Jerry, in "The Pitch"

I'm so disappointed that Bette-Sue & Ali were eliminated. However, it looks like they're still working out together and I'll bet they look incredible at the finale.

When Ali read her letter about not feeling she deserved to do well, etc. I cried. Who sent the letter? She said Amber or something like that and I was wondering if it was a sister or friend?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2766580;
    When Ali read her letter about not feeling she deserved to do well, etc. I cried. Who sent the letter? She said Amber or something like that and I was wondering if it was a sister or friend?
    I cried, too. I'm sorry that they got eliminated. They were my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2766580;
    I think it was a friend, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm somewhat 50/50 on their elimination. I didn't much care for them, but at the same time I think there were others that should have gone before them.

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic

I just met Bill, Hollie, and Bette Sue out at Arizona Mills! They look great. It was really a nice deal. When I met them, I was given a choice of one of two DVDs or a book. (It looks like a decent DVD, too.) I had also brought one of my Biggest Losers books from home, so they signed that as well.

They were both really nice and they personalized the autographs. I asked if they still kept in touch with anyone from the show. Holly said that she talks to Julie every day. Bill joked that the only reason he doesn't talk to Holly every day is because she's always on the phone with Julie. (hehe) I think he made a comment/joke about keeping in touch with his brother as well. (haha)

Holly is absolutely gorgeous in person - and so tiny! It seems they "glammed" her up a bit for the final, but when I saw her today, she had more of a natural beauty about her. Bill looked great, as well.

Bette Sue wasn't scheduled to be there, but we saw her while we were in line, so she came over for pictures. It doesn't come across on tv (at least I don't think so), but there's really a warmth about her. When I had my picture taken with her, she put her arm around me and we put our heads together, and it just seemed like the most natural thing to do. As the woman in line said, she doesn't seem as "rough around the edges" in person as on tv. I really like her after meeting her.

Depending on how they turn out, I'll post some pictures later. (I don't have a digital, so I have to get the film developed.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast