+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 12/11 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 12/11 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

I think that Bill and Isabeau are the only 2 with a chance of winning. Bill has been likeable the whole show. Isabeau, not so much, but you have to remember her age and I think that plays a huge part in her "immaturity." I appreciate her desire to be a role model and hope we get to hear her sing.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2715607;
    It's not like they haven't lost huge amounts because they are eating twinkies or slacking off.
    Eh... I beg to differ, for the most part. For the first several weeks all we saw of Hollie was whining, whining, and more whining about not wanting to work so hard. "I can't DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it" was her mantra. She also wanted to leave on day one... and day two.. and day three. It has only been the last three weeks that she's stepped it up and gotten some self-motivation. But even with that... she comes in fourth out of five with only having to pull 55lbs as compared to Bill's 121? Phhhllbbbt, she's still not worthy.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Ain't this game sumpthin'?

Who would have ever dreamed that a 10-pound weight loss (the highest of the week) would lead to elimination?

Neil, as much as I hate him HAS been the Biggest Loser all along, posting double-digit losses in, what did they say, 11 out of 14 weeks? I thought for sure he would be in the F4. He has lost a whopping 80 pounds more than Julie, and yet she's still there? How will things have worked out for the underperforming women of the Black team! Isabeau has set that record, but even so I don't think she performed up to her full potential all season--she could have done even better. Since she just got the $10,000, she shouldn't also take the title--Go Bill!

I guess Neil is a demonstration that it pays to be large going in--but only to a point. Since his body weight is so much higher, even a 10-pound loss is still a small percentage. Julie faces a struggle being so much smaller a person, but it certainly worked in her favor last night.

I thought all the girls still looked pretty big leaving in the limos in their unflattering strappy sundresses. In former years, that would have been the "Before" for some. Julie is so petite, she probably has 50 pounds yet to go for her frame. I think she still looks pretty beefy.

It'll be a hoot to see everyone's final weights next week.

FORT Fanatic

It was obvious last night that Neil's game-playing had caused some real bitterness amongst the players.

NO ONE got up to say "good-bye" to him. Not even Bill. I thought that was a pretty strong statement--even stronger than Isabeau's statement that she was voting on behalf of Jez.

I think that is so sad. I'm not saying he didn't deserve the blow-off by the Black Team, but I think it is sad that his game playing engendered such anger and bitterness. I'm hoping that by watching the show unfold, he has done some personal development work around this issue.

Isn't it weird that Julie posted a colossal (for her) loss of 8 pounds, in the last weigh-in, and precisely the amount she needed?

I don't like Neil and think he should have been disqualified weeks ago. But this season, the 'body-fat percentages' have certainly boosted the smallest, weakest players . . .does Julie really deserve, based on her performance, to stand beside Bill and Isabeau as a top-weight loss winner? I don't think so.

Even swiny Neil, if we are giving him any credit, has lost nearly triple the number of pounds Julie has. As a petite person myself, I know how very hard it is for a small person to lose weight--our caloric needs are a lot lower to begin with, so even if we eat 1000 calories a day, we can't post the numbers of a guy who's twice our size in both height and weight.

Even though I should be thrilled to have three females in the finals, I feel oddly flat and disappointed. As much as I have wanted a female winner, this year I am rooting for Bill.

That's the problem with shows where players are voted off. People go to then end that haven't done as well as those that are gone.

I was happy to see him gone just because of the water loading. He should have been disqualified on the spot, IMO.

FORT Regular

The scale shows who's the biggest loser. Everything else is just politics.

The best performers as far as I could see were Bill, Jez, Neil (although his string of success has an * beside it because of the bs week he gained), and especially Kae. I don't know the stats, but I'm curious to see total weight loss of the contestants and see who are at the top... my guess is it's the people I quoted and most of them aren't in the game.

That being said, I hope Bill wins because he's drama free!
    In honour of the greatest fighter to ever come out of Novojoa Mexico... Luis Ramon "Yori Boy" Campas, former junior middleweight champion of the world.

FORT Fan

I will also be rooting for Bill, but I don't think the women are "undeserving" of being in the final. This show may be called the Biggest Loser, but it's also a game and it's a combination of game play and weight loss the determines the winner. Also, I don't think it's that far-fetched for any of the women to win this thing. Just looking at the numbers, Bill has the clear advantage. His on-campus loss was 38.9%. That's higher than Neil's on-campus percentage loss of 33.9%. The women are all pretty close together by the percentages:

Isabeau - 27.8%
    Julie - 26.6%
    Hollie - 25.1%

Bill is way ahead of them, but he may be slowing down and the women appear to be hitting their stride. Of the women, Isabeau appears to have the best shot, but I really wouldn't be surprised to see any of them in there.

Julie's 8-lb loss this week was the highest percentage loss of anyone for the week. It was Isabeau's 8-lb loss that was just what she needed to stay above the yellow line and push Neil below. I think Allison said she had to lose more than 7 pounds, so I was thinking the elimination would be between her and Hollie, but then she got the 8. Amazing!

I was also a bit surprised that Neil only lost 22 lbs between the time he left campus and then time they filmed his follow-up segment. I'm wondering how long he had to lose that. If they started filming in late April and they were on campus for 3.5 months, that would put them all going home sometime in August. So it would seem that he had at least 2 months to continue losing before they filmed that segment.

I'll be interested in seeing how much they've all lost. Go Bill!!!

Marilyn

Loved the look on Neil's face when he dropped below the yellow line and saw all those black shirts. Ain't karma grand?

Snoozin' on the beach

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2715688;
    Eh... I beg to differ, for the most part. For the first several weeks all we saw of Hollie was whining, whining, and more whining about not wanting to work so hard. "I can't DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it" was her mantra. She also wanted to leave on day one... and day two.. and day three. It has only been the last three weeks that she's stepped it up and gotten some self-motivation. But even with that... she comes in fourth out of five with only having to pull 55lbs as compared to Bill's 121? Phhhllbbbt, she's still not worthy.
    She may have whined but she still did the work. Jillian would have kicked her butt if she hadn't. I don't see her working any harder now than she was in the begining. It's just gotten easier to do more with the weight loss and getting muscles in better shape...as all the other can do more than when they first started. I have no problem with them pulling lower numbers than the guys or each other. Everyone's body is different and they lose at different paces. Her thyroid medical problem doesn't help when losing weight either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast