+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 97

Thread: 11/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #81
    Snoozin' on the beach
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,918

    Re: 11/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by MomAt40Pls;2695363;
    I hated to see Bryan gone, but I'm so happy to be rid of Kim. When she went ballistic over the soy sauce, I couldn't believe. Yes, soy sauce has a lot of sodium, and I agree that you should limit it, but you will never convince me that soy sauce was the BIG reason that B wasn't losing as much weight as she thought he should be.
    It doesn't convince anyone either. B sweats buckets when working out, water retention is not the problem. Besides, he stopped doing soy sauce-which i think he said was low salt soy sauce and not regular-and still ended up in bottom 2. Kimbo the Bimbo was the problem, she's a crappy trainer.

    Congrats to you on the weight lose

  2. #82
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    1,364

    Re: 11/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    I am so happy Kim is gone - ever since she went off on AMY as the target for the vote-off...who does she think she is to tell them how to play the game? Her team never did lose the big #s that other teams did... so no crying for the Red team!

    I do like B and hope he sticks with his nutrition to make it all the way.

  3. #83
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    185

    Re: 11/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2695219;
    I agree, I did the math in my head and 38lbs lost at home is the number I came up with. Can't wait to see him at the finale. I have noticed the more successful (as far as losing weight) eliminated contestents are the ones that have several weeks at the ranch. The ones sent home the 1st or 2nd wk tend to just keep the weigh they lost off and no more.
    Actually Amber (1st week) lost 58 lbs after she went home. I'm just guessing, but she probably did that in about 4.5 to 5 months, so not a bad at-home weight loss especially given the fact that she only had a week to get the nutrition and exercise education before she was eliminated. Lezlye (2nd week) lost 43 lbs after she went home. That's not as good as Amber, but still not bad. The person who's been the least successful at home has been Kae, who only lost 19 lbs at home. It's probably not fair to compare her results with Amber's, since Amber went home 10 weeks before Kae did. However, you could compare Kae with Amy who went home a week earlier and lost 45 lbs at home (18.6% loss) or Bryan who went home a week later and lost 38 lbs at home (14.3%). Kae's percentage was 12.2%. I personally think Kae rocks and will now be fit for life, but looking at the numbers, I don't think she is likely to be the eliminated contestant winner. That honor is more likely to go to Jim who lost the most at home on both a number of lbs basis (62) and a percentage basis (20.2%).

    I think it would be just awesome to have Bill win the $250,000 and Jim win the $100,000.

    Marilyn

  4. #84
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,082

    Re: 11/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Does anyone remember, does the at home winner win based on what % they lost at home or on their total % weight loss, including ranch loss?
    Also, while Kae has lost a big % didn't that little comedienne from NJ lose half her body weight or more last time?

  5. #85
    Snoozin' on the beach
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,918

    Re: 11/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2696197;
    Does anyone remember, does the at home winner win based on what % they lost at home or on their total % weight loss, including ranch loss?
    Also, while Kae has lost a big % didn't that little comedienne from NJ lose half her body weight or more last time?
    I'm not certain but for some reason I remember it to be total weight loss combined (at ranch + at home). There must be some official rule of it somewhere. Perhaps NBC homepage for BL has something about it.

  6. #86
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    185

    Re: 11/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2696197;
    Does anyone remember, does the at home winner win based on what % they lost at home or on their total % weight loss, including ranch loss?
    Also, while Kae has lost a big % didn't that little comedienne from NJ lose half her body weight or more last time?
    My recollection is that it's total % of weight loss. Of the eliminated contestants, Kae's total percentage is the highest at 39%. Bill's total % was 34% at the time of his elimination. However, there were 6 weeks between his elimination and Kae's. He only had to lose 17 lbs. in those 6 weeks to reach 39%, and I would bet that he has lost more than that.

    Marilyn

  7. #87
    FORT Fanatic hikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    612

    Re: 11/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by MomAt40Pls;2695953;
    Actually Amber (1st week) lost 58 lbs after she went home. I'm just guessing, but she probably did that in about 4.5 to 5 months, so not a bad at-home weight loss especially given the fact that she only had a week to get the nutrition and exercise education before she was eliminated. Lezlye (2nd week) lost 43 lbs after she went home. That's not as good as Amber, but still not bad. The person who's been the least successful at home has been Kae, who only lost 19 lbs at home. It's probably not fair to compare her results with Amber's, since Amber went home 10 weeks before Kae did. However, you could compare Kae with Amy who went home a week earlier and lost 45 lbs at home (18.6% loss) or Bryan who went home a week later and lost 38 lbs at home (14.3%). Kae's percentage was 12.2%. I personally think Kae rocks and will now be fit for life, but looking at the numbers, I don't think she is likely to be the eliminated contestant winner. That honor is more likely to go to Jim who lost the most at home on both a number of lbs basis (62) and a percentage basis (20.2%).

    I think it would be just awesome to have Bill win the $250,000 and Jim win the $100,000.

    Marilyn
    Well . . . but look how much tinier Kae was when she was sent home. 19 pounds puts her practically at her goal weight. Someone who only has 20 pounds to lose is not going to lose those 20 pounds at the same rate as someone who still has 100 pounds to lose--Kae's body mass was not sufficient to drop weight quickly any more, which ironically eliminated her from competition. She lost exactly as much weight as her body would allow.

    I was saddened to see both Kae and Bryan sent home . . .in my opinion, there is no one left who is deserving to still be in competition much less contending for the Biggest Loser crown. In what bizarre parallel universe are we that the likes of Hollie, Julie and Isabeau are still standing after people who have lost twice their weight have been eliminated? I don't want to belittle any amount of weight loss, but seriously--under these stringent conditions & considering how big these people were (and still are), to have dropped 40-50 pounds only is kind of embarrassing. I found it so ridiculous that Isabeau was bemoaning the fact that 'nobody here can compete with Kae' . . .when she herself is twice Kae's size AND the youngest contestant to boot--her weight losses have certainly not reflected the fact that she entered as the heaviest female to date. I don't have anything bad to say about Nicole, but she too is not posting numbers worthy of still being there.

    I feel bad that Hollie lost her mom--but does grief explain her poor attitude? I don't think so--I think she would have acted the same even without the loss of her mother. And Julie . . . I can't hardly look at her. At this point Juile actually weighs less than I do, so I am puzzling over her still-massive arms & doughy-looking physique in general--is she like, 5 feet tall?

    I'm rooting for Bill now, even though he voted B off . . .the only alternative is slimy Neil. How can anyone be the least bit happy if he turns out to be the ultimate winner? This season has turned into a travesty! I fault the 'elimination round' aspect of this game--it has insured that far worthier players have been ganged up upon and booted. There should be only one slot below the yellow line & that person, with the lowest % of weight loss should just go . . .no voting. Neat, simple, and fair.

  8. #88
    FORT Fanatic hikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    612

    Re: 11/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    P.S. They should also consider the eliminated players' weight loss at home into the final equation--they should also be in contention for the final prize IF they post numbers as big as the final 3. I think that's fair. More than fair, since if the at-home contestants succeed in losing MORE weight on their own, they have done it without benefit of trainers and televised weigh-ins and controlled food. The benefit for the players who remain is that training & those wonderful facilities . . .but I say, make it a free-for-all with the booted players still in the game. Everyone always says, as a prelude to booting off a 'friend' "I'm sure this person will succeed at home." Give all the eliminated players a chance to prove that they are equal or superior to their 'caring' teammates. Never has that been more necessary than this season.

  9. #89
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    185

    Re: 11/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by hikari;2698325;
    Well . . . but look how much tinier Kae was when she was sent home. 19 pounds puts her practically at her goal weight. Someone who only has 20 pounds to lose is not going to lose those 20 pounds at the same rate as someone who still has 100 pounds to lose--Kae's body mass was not sufficient to drop weight quickly any more, which ironically eliminated her from competition. She lost exactly as much weight as her body would allow.
    I totally agree. I think Kae is wonderful and is probably the most deserving to win the whole thing, but because of the numbers and because she is probably very close to her goal weight at this point, she probably won't win among the eliminated contestants.

    I also agree that it's sad that many of the ones eliminated are going to have higher percentages of weight loss than the ones who are left. From my perspective, the only ones left that have a shot are Neil and Bill, and I would hate seeing Neil win this thing.

    Marilyn

  10. #90
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    1,364

    Re: 11/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Maybe they'll give us an America's choice one of these seasons? Also, I always thought the way they compute the winner lends to participants going too far only to try to win...i.e. Matt and a few others in the past seemed to get way too skinny, then put on weight to become more normal and a level that is maintainable.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.