+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 11/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Snoozin' on the beach

Re: 11/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55;2694531;
    Oh I just don't know.
    And I don't have a DVR or Tivo so I can't go back and check it for you.

Anyone else able to give the update?
    I didn't tape it either Bearcata caught something on Kae's weight loss last week- I think they did the same thingtoo and announced how much she lost since coming to the ranch and not saying how much she lost since.

No big deal. I was curious to see how well they did on their own

Snoozin' on the beach

Quote Originally Posted by MollyMouse;2694548;
    I started at 369, and when I lose another 15 pounds and drop below 300 ... I will be in tears. Tears. It's HARD to lose weight when you're a 40+ female, which is why they have only cast men in that range. My wonderful DH has been very encouraging when I start comparing myself to Hollie (who started at 297), reminding me that she is 15 years younger and started out weighing 75 pounds less. But, slow and steady wins the race.... and I'm heading for the 200s. (My estimate is I will hit that in January.)

Molly
    Good for you, keep it up and I hope you hit each goal much sooner than you expect

Thanks, everyone ... y'all are very encouraging.

(And yay for Kim being done for the season!)

I started at 369, and when I lose another 15 pounds and drop below 300 ... I will be in tears. Tears. It's HARD to lose weight when you're a 40+ female, which is why they have only cast men in that range. My wonderful DH has been very encouraging when I start comparing myself to Hollie (who started at 297), reminding me that she is 15 years younger and started out weighing 75 pounds less. But, slow and steady wins the race.... and I'm heading for the 200s. (My estimate is I will hit that in January.)
    Molly
    That will make for a Happy, HAPPY New Year!

...Yes, slow and steady...slow and steady...

P.S. Also a BIG congrats to you, Molly, on having such a dear sweet DH .
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Molly
    Congratulations, Molly! You CAN do it. One day, one step at a time!

I believe in you, girl!

Can't wait to celebrate with you in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch;2694555;
    ...I learned a hard lesson about a year ago. I didn't hydrate myself or take a break during an intense cardio/weight workout. After I completed all my sets, I started to feel lightheaded and suddenly the floor came up and hit me in the face...
    Were you in the shallow end?
    Did you chip your two front teeth?

Glad you were OK, tho, Hutch!!
    Impossible things are being done every day.

FORT Regular

I thought B had hit 80 lbs gone at the last weigh in (just checked and he weighed 346 first show) so he lost another 38 lbs at home to get to 118.

Quote Originally Posted by moosemommy1213;2694707;
    I thought B had hit 80 lbs gone at the last weigh in (just checked and he weighed 346 first show) so he lost another 38 lbs at home to get to 118.
    I agree, I did the math in my head and 38lbs lost at home is the number I came up with. Can't wait to see him at the finale. I have noticed the more successful (as far as losing weight) eliminated contestents are the ones that have several weeks at the ranch. The ones sent home the 1st or 2nd wk tend to just keep the weigh they lost off and no more.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fan

Molly
    Molly,

You go, girl! You bet slow and steady wins and over-40 females absolutely can lose weight. I was 49 when I started at 311 and now I'm down to 185. I had so many people tell me how hard it was going to be, but I've done it just to prove them wrong. I won't quit until I get to 145! Keep up the GREAT work!!! And please keep us posted, because I want to CHEER for you when you hit the 200s!!!!

Marilyn

FORT Fan

Just a few thoughts on this show:

I hated to see Bryan gone, but I'm so happy to be rid of Kim. When she went ballistic over the soy sauce, I couldn't believe. Yes, soy sauce has a lot of sodium, and I agree that you should limit it, but you will never convince me that soy sauce was the BIG reason that B wasn't losing as much weight as she thought he should be.

There were no real surprises with the episode. Regardless of the number of finalists, I think the final showdown will be between Bill and Neil. I don't think any of the women have a chance. If Neil were to somehow fall below the yellow line, he'd get eliminated, but I doubt that will happen.

I couldn't believe that Nicole did that dive into the pool. She's lucky that all she did was chip a tooth. That's a good way to break your neck.

Oh, and I have to mention this about last week's TBL trivia. One of the questions was about how many grams of sugar are in a heaping tablespoon of Cranberry Sauce. I was totally shocked when they said it was 85 grams, so on Thanksgiving day, I checked the can. Mine said a serving size was 1/4 cup and that it had only 21 grams of sugar. This was not a reduced calorie or low sugar brand. It was just plain old Ocean Spray Jellied Cranberry Sauce. Anyone know where they come up with these "facts?"

Marilyn

+ Reply to Thread