+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Some questions

FORT Fan

Re: Some questions

Thanks, everyone!

How long did it take? A lot longer than 3.5 months, that's for sure! I actually started in June, 2004. I took off the first 70 lbs in about 8 months. Then I hit a stubborn stall that seemed to last forever. I worked with a nutritionist and we modified all sorts of things to get me moving again. I hit the 100-lb mark at 20 months. Then we moved to another state and I decided to work on maintenance for a bit as I worked out a new routine. I spent a year on maintenance and then kicked it back up again in July. That's when I took up running. I've taken off close to 30 lbs since then. I will probably be stuck at the weight I am now for a bit as I'm training for a Half Marathon on Jan. 27 and now that I'm up in the higher mileage runs, I have to eat a lot more than I normally would. My nutritionist says that it's best not to focus on losing when I'm running 10 miles because my body needs fuel for the run.

Yes, I do have a lot of extra skin and I will be looking into a tummy tuck once I lose the rest. However, most people can't tell I have the extra skin because I don't wear skin-tight clothes. My husband and I are the only ones who really know it's there.

As far as the heights of the contestants is concerned, this info is available on the official Biggest Loser website.

Marilyn

Re: Some questions

Marilyn, congratulations again. It's a great idea to take your time because you have a much better chance to keep it all off than anybody else on the show. Besides, you are learning new, good habits which takes time.

As for the loose skin, it will shrink within two years of its appearance. How much you cannot tell, of course, but hey! You are healthier, and besides: have you seen how much loose skin Cindy Crawford has? She, too, is looking into a tummy tuck. As she once famously said: not even Cindy Crawford actually looks like Cindy Crawford in real life! Fortunately women's magazines have lately decided to expose all the horrible scars models and the so-called "beautiful people" bear in order to maintain their unrealistically thin bodies. All suffer from cellulite, all have dimples due to repeated plastic surgery.

Sheila

Quote Originally Posted by MomAt40Pls;2725221;
    Thanks, everyone!

How long did it take? A lot longer than 3.5 months, that's for sure! I actually started in June, 2004. I took off the first 70 lbs in about 8 months. Then I hit a stubborn stall that seemed to last forever. I worked with a nutritionist and we modified all sorts of things to get me moving again. I hit the 100-lb mark at 20 months. Then we moved to another state and I decided to work on maintenance for a bit as I worked out a new routine. I spent a year on maintenance and then kicked it back up again in July. That's when I took up running. I've taken off close to 30 lbs since then. I will probably be stuck at the weight I am now for a bit as I'm training for a Half Marathon on Jan. 27 and now that I'm up in the higher mileage runs, I have to eat a lot more than I normally would. My nutritionist says that it's best not to focus on losing when I'm running 10 miles because my body needs fuel for the run.

Yes, I do have a lot of extra skin and I will be looking into a tummy tuck once I lose the rest. However, most people can't tell I have the extra skin because I don't wear skin-tight clothes. My husband and I are the only ones who really know it's there.

As far as the heights of the contestants is concerned, this info is available on the official Biggest Loser website.

Marilyn

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234