Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Alison Sweeney is new host of Biggest Loser

Re: Alison Sweeney is new host of Biggest Loser

She's pleased me more as time goes on.

I find it surprising, but the fact that she's actually pretty soft-spoken is refreshing in a host. Caroline's perky factor always came off as a bit loud and fake. Alison has, dare I say it, a kind of quiet dignity.

And she's not "yay, you the biggest loser!" She emotes better than Caroline. I chalk that up to the fact that she's actually probably a decent actress, even if overall I don't respect the level of acting in most Soaps.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Premium Member

I like her so far. Caroline's voice always kind of grated on my nerves, and I think Alison comes across as being very calm, soothing and empathetic, especially in elimination.

Last night's was one of the more horrible elimination rounds I've witnessed, and I was impressed again by the humanity Allison projects even in her scripted lines. Yes, she is still forced to say things like "You'll have to decide which of your teammates is weighing you down", and "I'm sorry, but you are NOT the Biggest Loser." Coming out of her mouth, they seem like genuine regrets . . .as if she may have actually coined these regrettable lines herself.

Perhaps having had to deliver fake emotional speeches for so many years on the soaps really helps her seem more genuine as she is forced to deliver this dreck. She looks the unfortunates in the eye, too. Caroline was always too brash, too loud and looked like she was peering at the TelePrompter.

Allison is the superior actress, by far.

She opted for some noisy prints last night which I still say are poor TV outfits. However, she is both young enough and small enough to wear those kinds of things, so it was not that distracting.

I tend to blame the producers, which ought to know how to dress a woman for TV. Look at the female newscasters. Allison could wear bright colors, but they need to keep her in solids with simple lines, not trendy prints.

So far, I like her very much. Caro always seemed to twist the knife in with her words, even if it was not intentional due to her stiff delivery.

Last night was our first time watching Biggest Loser this season. I was not impressed with Alison....only because she didn't speak up. She just had a soft monotone voice which lulled me to sleep. Better than Caroline....will have to see more to make that decision..
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

Alison Sweeney Is Expecting her Second Child

Biggest Loser's host is about to have a major makeover of her own.

Alison Sweeney is expecting her second child, PEOPLE has learned exclusively.

The 31-year-old blonde – also known for her long-running role on the soap Days of Our Lives – made the "big reveal" Monday night in front of the Season 6 cast.

"She told them that, in a season all about family, hers is about to get bigger," says her rep, Carrie Simons.

The actress and her husband, Dave Sanov, have a 3-year-old son, Ben.
    I knew she looked a little "rounder" than she normally does when she was on the Daytime Emmy Awards Friday night....

Congratulations to her, hubbie and soon to be big brother!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Oh thank god, the baby's name is actually normal compared to all of the other celebrity babies.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Cute. Hope is a character on Days Of Our Lives for those who don't know.

And just to add...I love Allison. Love on her Days and think she's a great host on BL. MUCH better then Carolyn.

FORT Fogey

I LOVED Carolyn Rhea. She is one of my all time favorite comedians. I don't think she should have been replaced, but I do like Alison Sweeney too. They are different but both very good.

I sometimes think age had a lot to do with Carolyn's "offing"....I wish America would give middle-aged women the same air time as it does the male population.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3279354;
    I LOVED Carolyn Rhea. She is one of my all time favorite comedians. I don't think she should have been replaced, but I do like Alison Sweeney too. They are different but both very good.

I sometimes think age had a lot to do with Carolyn's "offing"....I wish America would give middle-aged women the same air time as it does the male population.
    Was she dropped or did she quit? Carolyn never seemed to be connected; she just went through the motions of host. I like Alison okay but I cannot say she is doing a stellar job.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234