Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alison Sweeney is new host of Biggest Loser

Re: Alison Sweeney is new host of Biggest Loser

Quote Originally Posted by realitylunacy;2557728;
    The thing is that Alison's weight issues were mainly just part of growing up and into her own skin (IMO).
    Exactly, it was mostly baby fat for her. I've also heard her say that she can't lose much more weight even though for the industry she could lose a few more pounds. I think she looks great though. Not like Kristian Alfonso who is way too skinny.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, apparently Allison can't bother to prepare for the show/wasn't a big fan since she managed to mispronounce Drea's name. Not a good start. Plus she seems to have the same awful stylist that Caroline did. Maybe the goal is to MAKE the host look chubby? So the presumed audience of fatties will not hate her? Because all of you are saying that "Sami" lost weight when she grew up, and I wasn't seeing it last night. Nor does she look as good as she does in SOD pictures (I've never watched her show). What a drippy dress. And I'm not one who's usually into fashion...but the way the hosts for this show dress irritates even me.

FORT Fogey

I watched the reunion show, but really didn't like the new host. I'm not a soap fan, and thought she was not a value added...so bland and corny (though maybe no one could pull off the "let's answer the question that everyone's been asking a million times" over and over). At least Carolyn would usually make it funny or entertaining. I will watch the show, but am skeptical about the change...

I liked her, I thought she did a good job hosting last night.

I didn't mind her as host but she seemed a little blah...

I enjoyed her. Perhaps it's more a case of the fact that when I watched Days of Our Lives, I despised her and on TBL she's really a pretty nice person. But I found her to be pretty sympathetic to the contestants and quite encouraging. There are points where she seems to almost simply be going through the motions and hopefully as the weeks progress she'll become more comfortable and animated in her role as host. I do like her more than Caroline because I personally find Caroline to be slightly over the top and somewhat annoying.

Alison was definitely no worse than Caroline. I'm sure she'll grow into the part. But since the host isn't the real story, it really doesn't matter.

I thought she was fine. People have a right to an opinion, as always, but I admit to finding myself puzzled by the many "I miss Caroline" comments I've seen. Caroline didn't do all that much for the show--I think to a certain degree people simply like to laud the familiar, and Caroline was familiar.

This isn't like Kim replacing Jillian last year. I mean that was a better example of someone with far less charisma stepping into place.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Much better clothing this time than at the reunion show...maybe they've finally replaced whoever dresses the host. She also seemed more animated. I'm sure all the hosts dread those unbearably corny cue cards about "who's weighing you down" and the like.

Last night was my first taste of Allison as host. Based on that small sample, I think it's been a good change for the show. We've always known that the host's role is heavily scripted, and the way they make her state and re-state the obvious grates on my nerves no end and has led me to christen this show "Weight-Loss Math for Dummies". However, Allison seems able to deliver this pap in a more conversational tone that doesn't make it sound so fake. And she exuded compassion at the elimination table--she was following her script, but it was like she was actually involved in what was happening. Caroline had a tendency to deliver her lines in a declamatory style, kind of robotic at times, that make one question how much she really wanted to be there.

I'm a little sad that Allison apparently will not give me so much entertainment value for her wardrobe this season. I couldn't find a thing wrong with what she had on last night!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast