Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alison Sweeney is new host of Biggest Loser

"Days of Our Lives" Beloved "Sami" Joins the Series as it Prepares Production on Season Four
    Beloved Sami? Not even.

I do like Allison Sweeney, though. Too bad Caroline Rhea is out.

I think Sami - uh, Allison - will do great. I like Caroline but agree with others that it didn't seem appropriate for someone with their own weight problem to host this show. And Caroline was always so disheveled and frumpy and dressed oddly. Allison will be a good role model for having overcome her own weight issues and made the transition herself - kind of like a third coach. She is much thinner now than she was in the early days of Days of Our Lives.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

FORT Fogey
    Maybe the NBC people came to their senses and realized that Caroline would be much more appropriately cast as a contestant rather than the host.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2256282;
    The fact that Caroline wasn't even mentioned says a lot (to me, anyway). Usually there's some PR spin about how so and so has left the show due to scheduling conflicts or to pursue other projects but there was nary a mention of her. Now I'll be on a quest to find out the scoop
    I'm curious to know, too. I feel sorry for her if it wasn't her choice---and a little guilty if sites like FORT helped bump her. I was always glad that the host was not some size zero person, but the format didn't give her much to do in her specialty...those horribly corny lines were surely not hers. I wonder if the same person who so (usually horribly) dressed Caroline will dress "Sami". At least I'm glad she was replaced by someone who actually has had to struggle with weight.

Kicked out of the hive dzzyedge's Avatar
    I liked Caroline as the host. I'm not sure how good Allison is going to be....I'm willing to give her a chance of course, but she's going to have to show me more than a pretty face.

Re: Alison Sweeney is new host of Biggest Loser

I would have been more impressed with Caroline Rhea if after what 4 seasons she had adhered to what the show was about and dropped that 30 lbs she was hauling around. I did not find her hosting skills to be even at the OK level. Give someone else a chance.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CupidGuest;2248772;
    What?!? They replaced Caroline Rhea? I'm not watching Season 4!
    I'll watch, but I am a huge Caroline fan. I love, love, love her and hope she gets a really great gig after this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2324511;
    I would have been more impressed with Caroline Rhea if after what 4 seasons she had adhered to what the show was about and dropped that 30 lbs she was hauling around. I did not find her hosting skills to be even at the OK level. Give someone else a chance.
    I'm sick of talking about Caroline's weight and the notion the show had to be hosted by a a skinny person (not that Caroline is fat - she's not)

tag

I always liked Caroline because she seemed genuinely nice and sympathetic to the contestants when they had to vote someone off. She seemed really into the concept of the show and always seemed impressed with what the contestants had acheived. I hope the new host will have the same compassion. And I do hope they have the same stylists - it was fun to watch the wardrobe train wreck every week!

I can't help but always see Alison as "Sami Brady". She did pull through her own weight issues as we watched her grow up on DOOL. The thing is that Alison's weight issues were mainly just part of growing up and into her own skin (IMO).

I wish her well and can't wait to check out the new season!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast