+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 11/29 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    I'm trying to get a sense of which team has the better success rates - Bob's or Jillian's.

I believe the winners from both S1 and S2 were from Jillian't read team, but I'm not sure about the special edition shows.

Also, there are other ways to measure success. For example, the team that kept the weight off the longest after the show ended and what team had the greatest percentage of weight loss regardless of who won.

I've looked around for stats but I don't see any. Does anyone have this info? I'd be curious.

FORT Fan
    I can't wait for the finale. Can't wait to see how all of them did.

Jexter... I believe Bob's only "won" one of the Special Edition shows, so in that respect he hasn't been as successful.

They haven't done much follow up on the Season One and Two competitors so I couldn't answer the "how well have they kept it off" aspect. Suzy was blue and Matt was red... Gary from Season Two was blue, I believe and has kept his weight off. Other than that...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGoten
    I can see why Eric did it though. It's all about the competition.

I'm happy Adrian left because all she did was whine about everything.. and did she say she gained 5 pounds again? Wasn't she 161 when she left.. and now she's 166?
    You're correct... Adrian had gained 5lbs at home, but she still looked wonderful. Here's hoping she gets over her mental roadblock and has lost more weight since then and has more success for next week's finale. It would definitely help her self esteem.

I can see why Eric voted out Marty, but I agree with Bob that he did it too soon. Bob's point was that since Marty was Eric's biggest competitor... he would also be his biggest motivation for the next few weeks to do as well as possible. Without his biggest motivation, and the added team support, he felt Eric would slack off a little. I didn't much care for how Eric spoke to Bob during last week's show at all... just solidified him as a jerk in my eyes, but I'm still rooting for him. Eric or Wiley.
    Last edited by Broadway; 12-06-2006 at 09:14 AM.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

When the show first started, Bob and Jillian had different approaches in that Bob's method was more long-term as I recall.
    Jillian was strict calorie counting and massive amounts of exercise, whereas Bob was more about the "grazing" technique which will produce lower weight loss amounts each week but should keep the weight off longer and is a better plan for life-long change.
    It would bve very interesting to see whether they have all managed to keep the weight off.

Adrian did a fantastic job and I really hope she can get past the psychological hurdle of the "160's".
    She annoyed me greatly and I'm not sad that I won't have to see her this week, but I still wish her well and hope she'll stick with her new healthier lifestyle.

I saw Marty on one of the entertainment shows the other week.
    He looks fantastic.

I agree about Marty, fluff. IIRC, it seems that he has moved to Chicago and is a personal trainer. I might have that wrong, but I remember thinking it odd, seeing as how proud he had been to be a teacher.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Fort Fashion Expert Kirsten1526's Avatar
    I missed the show where he got voted off. I can't wait to see what marty looks like now.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2168807;
    I agree about Marty, fluff. IIRC, it seems that he has moved to Chicago and is a personal trainer. I might have that wrong, but I remember thinking it odd, seeing as how proud he had been to be a teacher.
    I guess you could look at it as another kind of teaching... but, I agree, odd.

Fort Fashion Expert Kirsten1526's Avatar
    Are we getting a new thread for tonights show?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345