+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 11/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Fort Fashion Expert Kirsten1526's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2133986;
    The hidden message here could be that while you can lose weight at home just as easily, the people at the ranch may have lost less because they've put on more muscle. Which weighs more than fat, by the way.

In a way it kind of contravenes the whole message of the show, that "The Biggest Loser" is the "winner". Well, the real winner is probably the person with the best BMI at the end, not the "lightest" person.
    A pound of fat is the same as a pound of muscle. Muscle is just leaner so it would look better on you. I thought the same way until my trainer taught me otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2135383;
    I've not watched this show for several weeks now and thought I'd tune in to see wht I'd missed. OK, I understand the pairs and I understand the Newbies, but I can't understand even contemplating gaining weight for a chance to send someone else home. WTH!!? Isn't the premise for this show losing weight? and isn't the goal to lose the most weight? Then, why would you sabotage yourself to gain weight? You now have 2 weeks worth of weight to lose to keep in the game! Sorry players and she's just a losern(not in a good way!)!!
    What I couldn't understand, that all of you probably do, is why she was so sure that Bobby would go and not her. And why was Bob so mean to Bobby?

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    I think Bob hates quitters and felt that Bobby was a quitter because he'd tried so many diets before. Maybe now that Bobby kept it off, Bob will ease up. (And it could also be for the tv audience-like that never happened before!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten1526;2136846;
    A pound of fat is the same as a pound of muscle. Muscle is just leaner so it would look better on you. I thought the same way until my trainer taught me otherwise.
    I think it is more telling by saying 1 pound of muscle takes up 1/5 the volume that a pound of fat does. Or 1 pound of fat takes up 5 times the about of space that 1 pound of muscle does. Thats why if you have a pound of muscle sitting next to a pound of fat the fat is much bigger.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2137322;
    I think Bob hates quitters and felt that Bobby was a quitter because he'd tried so many diets before. Maybe now that Bobby kept it off, Bob will ease up. (And it could also be for the tv audience-like that never happened before!)
    Bob is the trainer? I thought he was taking it all way too personally. It didn't seem like he was just putting on an act for TV. Both the trainers treated the newbies badly, which I thought was rather unprofessional. That's why I hate team sports; all that "us against them" is very childish to say the least.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I think some of what you see when people "gain" weight for strategic reasons is that they eat some salt and drink a lot of water....so then they lose it all very quickly. At least that's the impression I got when someone (Matt?) did it before. That way they have a big weight loss the next week and may even be the biggest loser on their team, or that week, and therefore safe from elimination.
    So in terms of their long term goal of weight loss they aren't defeating it. You'd have to be real confident you couldn't be kicked out to do that though...e.g., your partner had an immunity card.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123