+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Biggest Loser 3 Premieres September 20

Biggest Loser 3 Premieres September 20

According to thefutoncritic.com, the third season of Biggest Loser will premiere September 20. Here is the press release:

NBC'S HIT SERIES 'THE BIGGEST LOSER' TO FEATURE COMPETITORS FROM ALL 50 STATES WHEN NEW SEASON PREMIERES WITH SPECIAL TWO-HOUR EPISODE WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 20
    Released by NBC

NBC'S HIT SERIES 'THE BIGGEST LOSER' TO FEATURE COMPETITORS FROM ALL 50 STATES WHEN NEW SEASON PREMIERES WITH SPECIAL TWO-HOUR EPISODE WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 20

Fourteen Contestants Will Stay at the Ranch While 36 Contestants Will Compete at Home After Going Through a Fitness and Nutrition Boot Camp

BURBANK, Calif. August 14, 2006 - Season three of NBC's hit reality show "The Biggest Loser" will feature 50 contestants representing every state in the country when the new season premieres with a special two-hour episode on Wednesday, September 20 (8-10 p.m. ET).

In addition, the season premiere will showcase a surprising twist. Thirty-six contestants will leave the ranch to compete at home after going through an initial fitness and nutrition boot camp, leaving 14 to continue on with the competition at the Biggest Loser Ranch. One man and one woman from the 36 state contestants who lose the largest percentage of weight will then rejoin the game at the ranch in a later episode. Each of the 36 contestants will have access to www.thebiggestloserclub.com, a 24-Hour Fitness gym, "The Biggest Loser:" The Workout DVD and book while making their lifestyle change at home. The show's medical team will also monitor the contestants on a regular basis.

"This season we decided to hold a 50 state competition because of 'The Biggest Loser' weight loss challenges starting up across the nation in schools, gyms, churches and workplaces. We are thrilled that our show has inspired the nation to make a lifestyle change." said executive producer Ben Silverman.

The 50 contestants representing each state are:
    Melinda Suttle, 32, Huntsville, Alabama
    Kai Hibbard, 27, Eagle River, Alaska
    John Turner, 42, Phoenix, Arizona
    Jaron Tate, 27, Hot Springs, Arkansas
    Brian Starkey, 33, Valley Village, California
    Stacie Farr, 33, Westminster, Colorado
    Chris Smith, 29, Milford, Connecticut
    Tim Clausen, 31, Lewes, Delaware
    Mark "Wylie" Wylie, 40 Miami Beach Florida
    Angie Moore, 33, McDonough, GA
    Elisha Purdy, 35, Honolulu, Hawaii
    Linda Houseman, 54, Boise, Idaho
    Katherine Smith, 35, Chicago, Illinois
    Pam Smith, 25, Martinsville, Indiana
    Steve Pilchen, 52, Urbandale, Iowa
    Alyssa Brockert, 26, Leavenworth, Kansas
    Jamie Dean Lucas, 40, Elizabethtown, Kentucky
    Sabrina O'Neal, 29, New Orleans, Louisiana
    Matthew McNutt, 31, Boothbay, Maine
    Amy Hildreth, 27, Baltimore, Maryland
    Nelson "Nellie Potter, 35, Lawrence, Massachusetts
    Kally Fox, 35, Dexter, Michigan
    Jennifer Eisenbarth, 32, Shakopee Minnesota
    John Weatherford, 24, Forest, Mississippi
    Marty Wolff, 25, Kansas City, Missouri
    Mark Monaco, 42, Missoula, Montana
    Evelyn Garcia, 38, Omaha, Nebraska
    Joscelyn Cook, 22, Las Vegas, Nevada
    Walter "Wally" Bressler, 38, Bedford, New Hampshire
    Poppi Kramer, 34, River Edge, New Jersey
    Mitzi McCaleb, 35, Artesia, New Mexico
    Erik Chopin, 36, West Islip, New York
    Ken Canion, 41, Greensboro, North Carolina
    Adrian Kortesmaki, 22, Grand Forks, North Dakota
    Nikki Myers, 34, Columbus, Ohio
    Jason Ramsey, 28, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Tim Thomas, 34, Terrebonne, Oregon
    Valerie Robinson, 34, E. Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
    Erin Jeffrey, 30, Charlestown, Rhode Island
    Latorria Ladd, 22, Clemson, South Carolina
    Dru Van Kley, 22, Vermillion, South Dakota
    Bobby Moore, 31, Murfreesboro, Tennessee
    Tiffany Hernandez, 27, Kingsville, Texas
    Heather Hansen, 36, West Bountiful, Utah
    Virginia "Ginnie" Bourque, 27, Lyndonville, Vermont
    Jennifer Kerns, 32, Arlington, Virginia
    Ken Coleman, 43, Tacoma, Washington
    Christopher Blackburn, 24, Buckhannon, West Virginia
    Kevin Theis, 32,Verona, Wisconsin
    Sarah Mitchell, 26, Burlington, Wyoming

Viewers can get more information and follow the progress of the state contestants each week on NBC.com.

The first reality series in which everybody "loses," "The Biggest Loser," hosted by Caroline Rhea ("Sabrina the Teenage Witch"), challenges and encourages overweight participants to undergo physical makeovers, without any kind of surgery, in a safe and recommended manner through comprehensive diet and exercise as they compete for a grand prize of $250,000. The series has become a worldwide hit airing in over 65 territories and 20 countries. It has also produced a New York Times best-selling book and a burgeoning online lifestyle club www.thebiggestloserclub.com.

Bob Harper returns as the blue team trainer and new to the show this season is red team trainer Kim Lyons. With over a decade of experience in the fitness industry, Lyons brings her positive attitude and winning spirit to all of her clients. Since 2000, Lyons has participated in fitness competitions and won numerous contests nationally and internationally. In addition, she has also become one of the fitness industry's most photographed models, appearing on more than 30 covers worldwide.

"The Biggest Loser" is a production of Reveille LLC, 25/7 Productions and 3 Ball Productions. Ben Silverman (NBC's "The Office," "Ugly Betty"), Dave Broome ("Tsunami Aid: A Concert of Hope," "StarTomorrow"), JD Roth ("Unanimous," "Beauty and the Geek"), Todd A. Nelson ("Unanimous," "Beauty and the Geek") and Mark Koops ("Blow Out," "The Restaurant") are the executive producers.
    Wow! 50 Contestants?! That's one large-ass cast (literally)! The contestants weigh 14,384 pounds altogether. It will be interesting tracking everyone's progress throughout the season.

Kicked out of the hive dzzyedge's Avatar
    It's an interesting twist.....I really like the original concept of the show, but I'm willing to give this a 'look'.

I thought the regular time was going to be at 9:00 vs Lost. I'm glad that it's on at 8:00 because I like it. But I wouldn't pick it over Lost.

Balllllooooooooon!!!!! MrsMarcusWelby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by citygirl View Post
    I thought the regular time was going to be at 9:00 vs Lost. I'm glad that it's on at 8:00 because I like it. But I wouldn't pick it over Lost.
    I second that!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    The Biggest Loser Club lets you access their pics and brief bios via map of the States.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    I'm excited about the concept for this season. I wonder how they are going to do it. They usually manage to pull off a good production, so I have high hopes. I can't wait for it to start! I've begun a strict diet and exercise program myself, and I'm thinking of "weighing in" as I weigh in with my opinions of the show itself. Will be nice to have you guys around to keep me honest.

I'm so happy that this is pretty much the only show on my roster for 9 pm on Wednesdays. As the chips of Fall TV's programs began to fall and scatter, I was exceedingly worried that I would have a quadruple or quintuple-conflict on my Wednesday nights and was complaining so loudly that I gave myself a headache. I'm still complaining that Wednesday nights are so jammed, but at the very least this will be what I Tivo in one room and half-watch in the other while I watch hockey. Not bad. But not great, what the heck is wrong with keeping it on Tuesdays like it always was???

As for the other shows clogging up the Wednesday gridlines, I ask of these network execs: "Are there not other days of the week for these shows? May I interest you in a day called Monday, or a day called Friday? Perhaps you'd value the following opinion: If you put a bunch of top-rated shows on at the same time everyone's ratings will suffer, even the 'winner's'...if you spread it out a bit, everyone can have a large, cheesy slice of the pizza." Concept!

ETA: Wait a minute... my TV Guide says 9'oclock. I hope it's 9pm.... Please? Whatever will I do if it's not?
    Last edited by VeronicaBelle27; 09-13-2006 at 03:43 PM.
    Could does not mean should

Hey Veronica
    I hear ya girl! I have things conflicting I have a double conflict on Wednesdays! ANTM Cycle 7 is coming on and Biggest Loser. I hopes its another Romance. Well I'm totally siked for the first airing of The Biggest Loser 3. But I check out the first episode oh nevermind ANTM comes on at 8pm so I'm clear! Whew that was a close one lol. But I'm still pretty new to this Message Board so I hope it becomes my favorite Message Board

+ Reply to Thread