+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Loser Backlash

eny
    FORT Fogey

Biggest Loser Backlash

Angel Cohn

Last week on The Biggest Loser, Lisa Andreone said she's the type folks either love or hate. Well, most of America is leaning toward hatred, as the witchy whiner has learned since exiting NBC's weight-loss contest (Tuesdays, 8 pm/ET). This 26-year-old Floridian who could almost be called skinny nowadays has even been accosted in public by irate Loser fans! In spite of it all, Lisa feels proud of what she's accomplished.

TVGO: In your "after" picture, you looked amazing!
    Lisa: That's nice to hear, because most people hate me. Oh, my god, people are so mean.

TVGO: How so?
    Lisa: Well, this lady came up to me in the grocery store and was like, "You are a bitch. They should have voted you out long ago." [Others] are like, "You are the Omarosa." [They] compare me to Hitler. It is crazy. I'm like, "Don't you appreciate that I lost weight?"

TVGO: How much did you lose altogether?
    Lisa: I started at 236. I left the show at 189 and, right now, I weigh 171. So that's 65 pounds. I'm wearing a size 10, which is amazing. I started the show at an 18.

TVGO: When was the last time you were a size 10?
    Lisa: I've never been. Never. The smallest I've ever worn is a 12 and I was in sixth grade. I've always been big. My credit card is being blown up, I've been shopping so frequently. I shouldn't be because I don't have a job right now. But I am still racking it up because I am amazed that I can go into any store. I think all women can relate. Women have a lot of pressure to lose weight. If a man is overweight [it's] more accepted, like, "He's chubby, it's cute." But if a woman is overweight, it's like, "Oh, she's a fat ass." It is unfortunate.

TVGO: Your bio says your goal was to show off the new bod to your exes. So have you?
    Lisa: Yes. It was so weird. On Halloween, I was on the dance floor and this guy grabbed me. It was one of my ex-boyfriends, and he started freaking out. I was like, "You shouldn't have let me go." But I have a boyfriend now, and I introduced them. This boyfriend who is with me now was with me when I was heavy. He stuck by me and didn't even want me to go on the show; he thought I was fine before. Another one of my exes e-mailed me to meet up for coffee, and he had dumped me for some other skinny woman. He saw me and was like, "I should have proposed to you when I had the chance." Sorry. It is the best feeling!

TVGO: Ryan betrayed your alliance. Why did you trust him?
    Lisa: All I could trust was the things that were coming out of his mouth. He said he wasn't getting rid of me because, if he did, it was back-stabbing and that is what he did. He totally betrayed me, but he did a good job because he had everyone fooled. When I eliminated Matt, he asked me who I was eliminating that day. I'm like, "Matt, I'm eliminating you." I never lied to anyone.

TVGO: Why were you so excited about the cash?
    Lisa: I don't have a job, and I knew I didn't have a job after the show... $250,000 would have been so nice. Unfortunately, that plan didn't pan out. Guess I have to go to the pawn shop... just kidding! (Laughs)

TVGO: What did your family think of the show?
    Lisa: People are still proud. Although people at the gym and grocery store hate me. I don't understand.

TVGO: Personally, I was mad when you voted Matt off.
    Lisa: I know. I love Matt and I'll still talk to him. But I wasn't the only one [who voted for him], the whole team did. People blame me for all the eliminations. But I'm only one person that voted. I didn't hold a gun to everyone's head and say, "You have to vote for Matt." They decided.

http://www.tvguide.com/search/editor...rticleId=98244

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    eny, thanks! Kind of interesting to find she was hated.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I couldn't stand her. And I'm sorry, but she fits in a size 10 at 171 pounds? That just doesn't seem realistic to me. Good for her for losing the weight, but don't fudge on what size you are.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

I agree Jewels.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

It all depends on your bone structure. Back in the day, when I weighed 175, I wore size 10/12.

I say good for Lisa. Some people still don't realize that what they see has been edited down from hundreds of hours of footage.

It's great that you lost weight, but you are still annoying.

I would agree that someone could weigh 171 pounds and wear a size 10. When you have been working out as hard as these people have, you are bound to pack on a good bit of muscle, which takes up less pace than fat. I think she looks great in her "after" pic.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

My boyfriend's sister weighs 174 and wears a size 10. She's 5'9, so it is possible.

If I were in Italy Italian Idol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by citygirl
    My boyfriend's sister weighs 174 and wears a size 10. She's 5'9, so it is possible.

Yes, it is possible but only because she is 5'9" tall. A person who is 174 and 5'6" cannot be a size 10 and the only way that they would be able to prove that is if I was holding a size 10 dress in my hand, handed it to that person and had them try it on. That's it that's all.
    "I come from humble grounds. I was never spoiled, so I know how to appreciate things given to me"

TVGO: In your "after" picture, you looked amazing!
    Lisa: That's nice to hear, because most people hate me. Oh, my god, people are so mean.
    Couldn't Lisa have said thank you?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast