+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Loser Backlash

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Exactly Marley!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

So, she wants everyone to come up and gush all over her & that's okay. Take some criticsm of your nasty attitude that was shown on tv and that makes others mean. :rolleyes I thought she said she wasn't as whiny when she left the ranch??? Good grief woman, no wonder people think you're a witch.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    I couldn't stand her. And I'm sorry, but she fits in a size 10 at 171 pounds? That just doesn't seem realistic to me. Good for her for losing the weight, but don't fudge on what size you are.

I wonder if it's a size ten from another country or from another planet, when i was 170 lbs i didn't and couldn't fit into a size ten. Id say she's wearing size 14's.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    I wonder if it's a size ten from another country or from another planet, when i was 170 lbs i didn't and couldn't fit into a size ten. Id say she's wearing size 14's.
    If she is tall and working out, she could fit in a size 10. Back when I was working out and pre kids, I was about 150 and size 10 but I'm only 5'6" so if she is 5'9" like a previous poster is saying, she could easily be in a size 10. You can weigh a lot more if you have been working out and have the weight be in muscle, but you still have that lean look.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

She's actually 5'7 and a size 10 at 171lbs is still completely doable.

I wish I could find a picture that I once had of three women, all who weighed 120lbs. The size ranges on these women went everywhere from a size 0 to a size 12 simply based upon their height and muscle makeup. They had even shown two women of identical heights that wore different sizes. *sigh*

And people need to realize that we're looking at photos without anything to compare their bodies to. Ignore the number on the scale as it doesn't tell you the complete picture. Shoot, I would have looked at her beginning weight and said "236 and in a size 18... no freaking way! She'd be in a 20 or up."

I once went drag for halloween and slipped comfortably into a size 10/12 denim dress at 190lbs, thank you very much.

Anyways, touching on the comments made by random people towards her. I really don't see why it would be worth anyones time to actually approach and say such things. I'd manage a snicker, but when it comes down to it, I could really care less what kind of attitude she had. Unless it somehow was directed towards me. If that was the case, the gloves are off, baby!
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I've seen that pic, speedy.

And you're right... why would people bother to approach her anywhere? I'm just such a non-fanbot that I wouldn't even approach a celebrity that was walking around, let alone a whiny little wannabe on a weight loss show. It's amusing to see that she thought everyone would look beyond her distasteful personality just to congratulate her on her weight loss. Maybe they should have, but it's kind of difficult to want to congratulate someone that you just find so....unappealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    And you're right... why would people bother to approach her anywhere? I'm just such a non-fanbot that I wouldn't even approach a celebrity that was walking around, let alone a whiny little wannabe on a weight loss show.
    I think I would approach Drea just to congratulate her for being a strong player and thanking her for letting the viewers at home know that not all women who work out are whiney cry-babies who constantly say "I can't".

As for the size 10 remarks, at 5'6" and 160 pounds (and shrinking), I am very happy to announce I AM a size 10!! Before my body "shifted" at about 35 years of age I weighed about 130 and was happy to squeeze my big ole' butt into a size 6. By the way, I looked emaciated and wretched according to my so-called friends. Everybody is different and we should learn that judging and generalizing about the impossibilities of weight and size match are a no win situation.

The other noteable comment is that a size 10 today is what was approximately a size 14 ten years ago. The industry had to readjust sizes to make up for the obesity factor or something. There's an article out there somewhere. So for those of you who are holding on to jeans you wore in high school (10 years ago) you may want to take this into consideration.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    I think it's great she lost the weight and her after pic is awesome. I think it's just her personality and she probably doesn't even realize how whiny and annoying she was on tv, and doesn't understand why people would hate her or get put off by her. Some people just can't help it I guess, it's just her way of revealing her emotions. Oh well, she gave us some entertaining moments

I'm 5'4" and 150 and I'm a size 8 in US sizes... a 10/12 in Canadian... our sizes are smaller and it sucks horrendously!!!! As for what the scale says, my husband, and all of our friends (the women included) swear up and down that I'm 120 so I feel fine about it. There aren't industry standards since every person is different and our bodies are unique.

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast