+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 12/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fan
    My husband wants to sign up for next season - wish we could afford for him to take time off work.....I just don't know how these reality 'contestants' are able to take so much time off work and still afford to live........ They must know something I don't

I just wanted to add to my other post about Mo that since he came in figuring to lose 30 or 40 lbs. I conclude that he didn't set the bar very high as 30 or 40 lbs. off of 400 is just a drop in the bucket. Since he surpassed his own (less than) high expectations I don't see him staying motivated to continue the weight loss. I really want to see Ryan and Lisa gone and then when it's between Kelly and Gary it's a toss up - either one winning would not upset me. I hope for Mo's own sake he stays on a strict, medically supervised diet but I have serious doubts that he will.

Quote Originally Posted by Panicfc
    anybody else riding their bike or hitting the treadmill during the show? I rode 65 minutes on Tuesday. The thought of riding 4 hours - well that's inhumane.
    I've lost 22 lbs the past two years, I want to lose another 40 - so I think I need to sign up for the BL II.
    I had a big surprise at the doctor's office the same day the show premiered. I hadn't owned a scale, so I didn't know how much I weighed.
    Needless to say, I spent the premiere episode on the treadmill and I've been watching all my favorite reality t.v. while on the treadmill since. I couldn't do all the major exercise they are doing, though. ( knee & foot issues ). I just spend 2 hours a day walking on the treadmill at 5% incline and between 3.5 and 3.7 MPH. I could never do the bike for 4 hours. I can't sit on a bike for 20 minutes without my butt going numb and hurting like crazy.
    I also couldn't follow their diets ( don't like veggies & fresh fruit ). I've basically cut out chips and sweets ( except the yummy Slim-fast granola bars ) and modified portions. I've managed to lose 20 of the 35 lbs. that I set out to lose. ( I'd be below the yellow line with Mo at 11.4% ) The timing for this show couldn't have been better.

Congrats on your weight loss, Panicfc. You'd might be voted off early because you wouldn't have enough to lose.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by azsk8fan
    My husband wants to sign up for next season - wish we could afford for him to take time off work.....I just don't know how these reality 'contestants' are able to take so much time off work and still afford to live........ They must know something I don't
    Don't know about Biggest Loser, but other reality shows have compensation for their contestants. Survivor has a sliding scale of prize money for each level of vote out. Even the first to lose gets something like $2,500. Big Brother houseguests earn $750 a week when they're in the house (I assume sequestered houseguests continue to get it since they aren't able to go home). I'm sure most of this is to make sure they've received some compensation so they can't sue the show if it's a runaway success and make millions for the producer. Also, they don't get their payouts until the show finales air to ensure they keep show secrets.

Anyone know if Biggest Loser compensates their contestants?

Mo tries

Thank you MrsMarcusWelby!!

I know exactly what you're saying. I too believe Mo could do a little better, but I recognize how hard it is for him. I have a lot of weight to lose, a hundred pounds gained since I became wheelchair bound. I didn't change my diet but I was unable to burn my calories. Most days I eat about the same about of calories I used to loose on, but nothing happens. I couldn't do those execises if my life depended on it. Believe me, for Mo to just walk to the exercise room is harder for him than exercising is for one of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Swingsongbird
    I had a big surprise at the doctor's office the same day the show premiered. I hadn't owned a scale, so I didn't know how much I weighed.
    Needless to say, I spent the premiere episode on the treadmill and I've been watching all my favorite reality t.v. while on the treadmill since. I couldn't do all the major exercise they are doing, though. ( knee & foot issues ). I just spend 2 hours a day walking on the treadmill at 5% incline and between 3.5 and 3.7 MPH. I could never do the bike for 4 hours. I can't sit on a bike for 20 minutes without my butt going numb and hurting like crazy.
    I also couldn't follow their diets ( don't like veggies & fresh fruit ). I've basically cut out chips and sweets ( except the yummy Slim-fast granola bars ) and modified portions. I've managed to lose 20 of the 35 lbs. that I set out to lose. ( I'd be below the yellow line with Mo at 11.4% ) The timing for this show couldn't have been better.

Congrats on your weight loss, Panicfc. You'd might be voted off early because you wouldn't have enough to lose.
    Hey, good luck to YOU, Swingy! It's good that this show is inspiring people to become their OWN Biggest Loser.

Question: I've been thinking, since last week, just HOW it can possibly end, when it comes down to 3 players. Let's assume it's Gary, Ryan and Mo. As I was wondering, Gary will vote off Ryan, Ryan will vote off Gary, and that will leave Mo to cast the deciding vote. So, lets' say that Ryan is gone and it's Gary vs. Mo. Isn't it a given, that of the last two people standing, that Mo will ALWAYS come in last? I've been trying to figure out how they plan to end it, and so far, I can't come up with any answers.

Regarding Mo, it's not his weight that bothers me so much is his Hang-Dog attitude. What a mope! I've seen WAY too many Oprah's and Jenny Jone's show where morbidly obese people WITHOUT SURGERY, have lost loads more weight than Mo. He's probably got a stash of Little Debbie's under his bed!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

I'm watching the replay on USA. I have to say that Mrs. Gary is smoking hot. I would have never guessed that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678