+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 12/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I think it stands to reason that the Lisa, Kelly & Ryan will methodically pick away at the remaining blue team members if they can. If Gary wins the next challenge and immunity again, they will definitely get rid of Mo, but will come after Gary with guns blazing the next week so he will go on the block. I hope Ryan stays just so he can continue to push Lisa's buttons. He cracks me up. He's enjoying himself and she's a heartbeat away from a meltdown at any given time.

Just a few thoughts about Mo.

From the beginning of this show I just didn't get the feel that Mo was as serious and committed to this program as the others. That is why a lot of us viewers get on his case.

Mo is in a supervised environment were they have expert dieticians and nutritionists to help set up diets for the individuals involved. It is up to the individuals to commit themselves how closely they will follow instructions. this is why I don't buy the starvation mode. If his body was doing that I think the trainers would definetly discussed this with Mo and the experts, after all this is a competition to lose the most weight.

From day one Mo had problems with the diet and it has been commented on by the trainers, other players and the audience. This and his I don't care attitude. I will grant that his attitude is probably a result of years of teasing about his weight. He needs to deal with it and I think he needs to get some couseling. But his attitude is one reason why I fear he will slip and slide his way back to his original weight after this competition. I hope he proves me wrong.

Anyone think that maybe Lisa was a Daddy's little princess and always used tears to get her way. It seems a very conditioned response to every obstacle put in her path? I think at what 26 she needs to grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    Anyone think that maybe Lisa was a Daddy's little princess and always used tears to get her way. It seems a very conditioned response to every obstacle put in her path? I think at what 26 she needs to grow up.
    I agree to a degree.

I can't believe nobody commented on her remark about "always being in control, but not now" when they left the initial weigh in of the night to see the standings. Ryan having to defend himself to her highness the hypocrite afterward in the kitchen. I thought his statement was hysterical.

FORT Newbie
    mo is fat, why he not try more?

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    Here's my take on this week's events. I'm glad they've done away with the teams (even though the people are still acting like teams) and I'm on board with the percentage thing. It does stand to reason that Mo is not being wronged by this.... A percentage lost of total weight is just that, it has nothing to do with the fact that he weighs so much more than them... This is basing the game on how much weight they are losing, it is a weight loss show, but obviously they all weigh different amounts, they use percentage.
    I thought the show should be run this way from the beginning.

I think that the contestants should not get too comfortable (Lisa!) in this new 2 below the line format, because I think that they'll change things after next week again.

Now that Dre is gone (and I do understand why they felt the need to get rid of her, though they may see to regret that) I don't have a favorite.... Gary by default... seems to be a great guy, don't know how much more weight he can lose though.

Go Gary, and congratulations to Dre and Kelly Mac on their additional weight loss!
    Could does not mean should

I guess if I were in their shoes, I'd want to go after the closest one and eliminate them. However, unlike Lisa, I can't lie and I don't think it's cute to manipulate someone else. There are a lot of backbiting comments going on there. But they're coming from a lot of them, not just Lisa. I think Ryan and Gary are looking good! I think Kelly and Lisa are coming along real well. On Mo....I was split for a while. I couldn't understand why he didn't seem to try as much as the other ones. Now I understand that it was my ignorance keeping me from understanding how hard it is (was) for Mo to even walk. So I stand corrected.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by famita
    On Mo....I was split for a while. I couldn't understand why he didn't seem to try as much as the other ones. Now I understand that it was my ignorance keeping me from understanding how hard it is (was) for Mo to even walk. So I stand corrected.

I missed this episode due to a power outtage! What was explained about Mo not exercising as much? My understanding is that he does exercise, but at a modified rate....which I could understand due to his size. His ability would pick up once he has lost a lot of weight. Does he have further restrictions, other than his size?

Quote Originally Posted by Italian Idol
    Considering she also said that she wants to keep the junk in the trunk I doubt that she was in a size 8 dress. Who do these people think they are fooling.
    Not me! I've seen a size 8, and that was no size 8. Not a traditional size 8 anyway, maybe some new-fangled metric-system size 8.

I'm sorry to see Drea go though. Mo just hasn't put in the same effort as the rest of them. But as long as they get to vote, it doesn't matter who's more deserving.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    Just a few thoughts about Mo.

From the beginning of this show I just didn't get the feel that Mo was as serious and committed to this program as the others. That is why a lot of us viewers get on his case.

Mo is in a supervised environment were they have expert dieticians and nutritionists to help set up diets for the individuals involved. It is up to the individuals to commit themselves how closely they will follow instructions. this is why I don't buy the starvation mode. If his body was doing that I think the trainers would definetly discussed this with Mo and the experts, after all this is a competition to lose the most weight.

From day one Mo had problems with the diet and it has been commented on by the trainers, other players and the audience. This and his I don't care attitude. I will grant that his attitude is probably a result of years of teasing about his weight. He needs to deal with it and I think he needs to get some couseling. But his attitude is one reason why I fear he will slip and slide his way back to his original weight after this competition. I hope he proves me wrong.

I don't think Mo gives it his all either. He even said that when he started he'd be 'happy' to lose 30 or 40 lbs. so of course he's thrilled losing 50. He should have had the biggest advantage of losing weight initially simply because he has so much to lose yet his loses have been meager compared to what others lost as opposed to what they started with. I would bet money that Mo does NOT follow through when he leaves and will climb right back up to over 400 lbs. My husband watched for the first time and picked up on Mo's lack of conviction right away. I think the show needs to come up with a better 'gimmick' for elimination for the remaining shows or there really won't be any real 'suspense' .....as long as Mo is one of the two under the yellow line it would be insane to NOT eliminate the OTHER person......Mo is so far behind percentage wise that he would have to suddenly lose a ton of weight to catch up and that seems highly unlikely. They'll keep Mo around to the bitter end and he'll wind up losing because he won't be able to make up the percentage deficit. I would like to see Gary win......I can't stand Ryan. I don't mind Kelly but Lisa also gets on my last nerve too so I hope either her or Ryan goes very soon.........

FORT Regular
    anybody else riding their bike or hitting the treadmill during the show? I rode 65 minutes on Tuesday. The thought of riding 4 hours - well that's inhumane.

I hope they vote Lisa off next - oh the pain of her opening her mouth and whining.

The other girl doesn't bother as much...

so here's what I see...Lisa is gone next week - unless she wins immunity.

The next week - they'll find a way to dump Mo. Somehow he's gone.

Final three and ryan wins.

I've lost 22 lbs the past two years, I want to lose another 40 - so I think I need to sign up for the BL II.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast