+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 12/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I find it hard to believe that Drea wears a size 8 dress. I weigh less than she does and I wear a 12. However, I do think she looks great. I was sorry to see her go but I think they are probably better off out of that house now. They can get on with their own healthy lifestyle in a natural environment. I'd really be interested in seeing them all a few months down the line. I'm betting that Mo will be back up to his previous weight. He isn't committed.

Quote Originally Posted by baxpup
    because they compute the "biggest loser" via percentage as opposed to actual weight lost...Mo has a HUGE disadvantage. He started at a higher weight - in order to get a high percentage he has to lose a huge amount (almost unhealthy) amount of weight in a short period of time. 20% for him would be over 100 pounds!
    20% for Mo would be 87lbs (didn't he start at 433lbs?).

While it sounds like a large number in comparison to everyone else... Mo should have been able to lose much more than the others in a lesser period of time initially because the same diet for him would have been much more drastic and resulted in immediate differences. He should have been able to get there sooner than Ryan should have been able to lose his 77lbs.

People have to stop looking at weight as a judge of what size people are in. Height not only plays a difference, but also muscle composition. You can have two people that are both 5'7 and weigh 120 and one person can be in a 4 and the other in a 10 if one person is muscular and the other is just soft and natural.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I felt really bad that they decided to get rid of Andrea. She was a true athlete and gave it her all. I'm glad Bob, the trainer, cried when he was saying goodbye to her. I'm sure it made her feel like he thought of her as a real person and not just someone he HAD to help lose weight. She left with class and looks GREAT!!! Congrats Andrea on a job well done

Side note: I may be alone here, but if I were one of those contestants I would have gotten rid of Mo. Yes, Andrea was a threat because of the great progress she made. But I would rather go up against someone who I thought was a threat than someone who hasn't done so well. Yes, for Mo to lose 50 lbs is great, but he has a lot to lose and sometimes doesn't give it his all. JMO
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Balllllooooooooon!!!!! MrsMarcusWelby's Avatar
    You know... I think everyone should give Mo a bit of a break. How many of you know how it feels to be really really really overweight. he is carrying around 200+ more pounds then ANYBODY else there. He is probably doing the best he can. He has slipped up diet wize a couple of times, but this last episode he did very well. I am pretty much convinced that this show is the first time he has EVER set foot in a gym and last night he did the spin bike for 4 hours, and regardless of how many miles he rode, that is effort. People think that just because he is by far the biggest that he should be losing 10 pounds a week, that is absurd. He has had to make a major life change and it is probably taking a toll on his body and energy level. If any of you have ever been on Weight Watchers you would know that there is a certian amount of calories that one should eat based on current weight. By eating too few calories you can put your body into starvation mode and your body will quit losing weight and try to hold onto everything it can. This is the curse of the overweight person, they try so hard to lose weight and in the process put their bodies into starvation mode and the weight loss either slows dramatically or completely stops. They have put Mo on the same diet they have Gary. How can these 2 people possibly need the same amount of calories???? I am not saying he should have stayed over Dre (in fact I completely think the contrary) but I would be hesitant to say he isn't working his hardest. You are not in his shoes, and you do not know how far he is actually pushing himself. :offrant
    Sorry I am personally a heavier individual who has struggled with my weight for years and as a general rule I eat less and exercise more then some of my very thin friends. Just because I do not lose weight really fast doesn't mean I am not trying my best, it just means that my body will lose it in it's own time not in the time frame some one expects.

MrsMarcusWelby

If I were in Italy Italian Idol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    I find it hard to believe that Drea wears a size 8 dress. I weigh less than she does and I wear a 12. However, I do think she looks great. I was sorry to see her go but I think they are probably better off out of that house now. They can get on with their own healthy lifestyle in a natural environment. I'd really be interested in seeing them all a few months down the line. I'm betting that Mo will be back up to his previous weight. He isn't committed.
    Agree with you on that point about her dress size. Considering she also said that she wants to keep the junk in the trunk I doubt that she was in a size 8 dress. Who do these people think they are fooling.
    "I come from humble grounds. I was never spoiled, so I know how to appreciate things given to me"

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by march
    MrsMarcusWelby

At that weight your knees hurt just walking...and to sit on a bike seat for 4 hours...ouch! unless they have a special wide one for him that supports him it will give him a painful wedgie in 90 seconds. Plus when you try to do sit ups your stomach is just plain in the way--imagine, thin folks, if you tried to do a sit up with a basketball tied to your midsection. Etc. When you get down in the 200s you can move more.
    Re dress sizes...they are so incredibly variable. Talk to some older women--ones who are 50 or 60... they will tell you that "back in the day" a 5'4" 120 lb woman who was 36-24-36 (then considered "the" measurements to have) was a 10 or sometimes a 12. Unless she shopped at Saks, then she was an 8. These days she'd probably be a 4 or 6 depending on the store. Marilyn Monroe was a 12 I've heard....so 16 year olds who shop in today's stores think she was enormous. Plus of course height matters! 150 lbs on a a 5'8" person gives a totally different effect! and Dre looks pretty tall.

This is the second episode in a row I loathed!

Andrea is gone and I am very unhappy about it!!! The Biggest Loser lost alot of points in my book as a result of this since Dre was the best player remaining.

From here in, I want a man to win (sans Ryan). I hate the remaining 2 women with a passion.

My mom watches this show with me and she couldn't stand Lisa since she had the panic attack in the skyscraper challenge! After this episode, I also despise Lisa. She just rubs me the wrong way and she whines and complains way too much. I hope she goes next week, but according to the previews, the elimination will be dramatic. That means Gary or even Ryan might go (and not Lisa).

Mo might go all the way! Remember Dr. Will from BB2? He won because everybody else underestimated him (and he was a strong player, too!) Mo might cruise along to the end, because everyone else there doesn't see Mo as a threat. With Dre gone, I hope he wins and he has a very good chance now!

That's all!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

Balllllooooooooon!!!!! MrsMarcusWelby's Avatar
    Thank you for the support! I just thought that needed to be said. Some people just don't know what it is like. Me living it everyday (as is DH) I completely understand this painstaking process... I commend these people for putting forth so much effort. Like I said in a different post. I wish I could take the time off of work to do the next installment of this show. I think it would be great to have the time to just worry about me. Working 9 hour days and having a home and a family to consider that time sometime goes to the wayside. And everyone will say to take some time out for yourself, but where do they get this time. Congratulations to everyone involved for taking the time for themself. It will pay off in the end. And most of all congrats to Mo for really trying to make a HUGE change in his life, even if it is a slow process for him. Slow and steady will win the race as long as he keeps it up. I would love nothing better then to see at the end of the next installment seeing updates on all of these people. They won't likely get all the wieght off in this time frame but give it a few more months and we are likely to see some really really amazing results especially in Mo. He will need far longer then the duration of this show to really achieve his goals.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    I think Mo is working as hard as anyone else there....maybe even more....he is heavier than the others, and it is more difficult for him. Hope he succeeds I'll be rooting for him. He did a great job on the spin bike, 4 hours is a LONG time. The shopping spree looked like fun, and Gary has a really nice supportive family.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast