+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'The Biggest Loser' a surprising winner for NBC

eny
    FORT Fogey

'The Biggest Loser' a surprising winner for NBC

NBC has picked up and is currently casting a second installment of its unscripted show "The Biggest Loser," which has helped the network gain viewers on Tuesday nights recently.
    The second edition of the show will run for eight episodes, the Hollywood trade papers report. It's likely to debut in the spring. Applications for the second show and information on open casting calls is available at NBC.com.

Thrown onto the schedule with little advance hype, "The Biggest Loser" has become a solid performer for the network. The series, in which overweight people compete to see who can lose the most while fighting off temptations, is averaging close to 10 million viewers per week.

NBC expanded the show to 90 minutes for sweeps to fill the spot vacated by "Father of the Pride's" hiatus. Both of those episodes have logged more than 10 million viewers and decent ratings in the network's target audience of adults 18-49. The final half-hour of Tuesday's (Nov. 16) episode scored a 5.6 rating in the demographic, topping the premiere of "The Amazing Race" on CBS.

The series has also delivered vastly better ratings than the 8 p.m. time slot's previous occupant. "Last Comic Standing" drew only about 6 million viewers per week in its early fall run.

http://entertainment.news-leader.com...st-231429.html

Ooo! Glad to hear that it's doing so well. I think it's an inspiring show for a lot of peeps, and it's interesting too.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

I'm so glad it's doing well! The thing about this show, is we all know (or are, as in my case!) someone who is struggling with this on an everyday basis. As much as I like many other reality shows, I can't relate to being stranded on an island, or racing to catch a plane to my next fabulous destination. Losing weight? THAT I can relate to, and symapthize with. I'm so proud of everyone on this show, wish them all the best, and will be there for season number 2.

+ Reply to Thread