+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 11/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fan
    I watch this show, but find the competition part of it disturbing. I just don't like them voting off someone, week after week. I still think they should have waited until the competition was halfway over, and folks had really learned and gotten into a habit of eating/exercise, THEN vote them off, if then.

Quote Originally Posted by rikyrah
    I watch this show, but find the competition part of it disturbing. I just don't like them voting off someone, week after week. I still think they should have waited until the competition was halfway over, and folks had really learned and gotten into a habit of eating/exercise, THEN vote them off, if then.
    You know, I like this idea, and sher pointed it out in the last recap, too.

But my thought is that if they keep the peeps on for awhile longer, we'll care more about them and their success. I think it would make the show more interesting for people. Because in the world of weight loss, success is sooooooooooooo slooooooooow. We want to be invested. I really want to know how they're doing.

Did anyone ever see that VH1 show with all the women who were trying to lose weight? Dangit for the life of me I can't think of the name of it. I think it was on in the spring. Similar concept. But the women stuck around longer (I think), and it made it more interesting.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

damn....Aaron lost 27 more pounds since his elimination

I am sad they booted him.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I had to tape the show tonite and was watching the weight ins. 3 from red, dave and the 2 ladies. The ladies lost 10 and 12 ilbs. Then blue, Aaron, Gary and is it Andrea then my tape went blank.

What happened. Aaron was voted off and he had lost the most weight? please explain the logic in that????

Totally agree with the posts about the hostess she looks bloated. UGH.

The thing I noticed is that the people that have the most flexibility and agility seem to lose the most weight.

Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyLove
    edit: is there some sort of Law that says the host should look frumpy and unwashed? What's wrong with her? She hasn't even combed her hair!!
    Caroline looks awful! Like she just got out of bed!

By the way, why do the men take off their shirts before getting weighed? Do they think their shirts weigh a pound?

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    You know, I like this idea, and sher pointed it out in the last recap, too.

But my thought is that if they keep the peeps on for awhile longer, we'll care more about them and their success. I think it would make the show more interesting for people. Because in the world of weight loss, success is sooooooooooooo slooooooooow. We want to be invested. I really want to know how they're doing.

Did anyone ever see that VH1 show with all the women who were trying to lose weight? Dangit for the life of me I can't think of the name of it. I think it was on in the spring. Similar concept. But the women stuck around longer (I think), and it made it more interesting.
    I watched that show shazzer...There were only 3 girls and none of them got eliminated. All three girls looked great at the end, especially the pale one.I believe it was "flab to fab."

Chip and Reichen#1 chipnreichenfan's Avatar
    I think the blue team was crazy to vote off AAron
    Maurice has the potential to lose the most weight(maybe) but he is not "pulling" his weight so far

The red team seemed more of a team this week, go red team
    The greatest gift is to love and to be loved in return..The Moulin Rouge

I watched the show last night, but my laptop was being loaned to my kid for a school report. Sure hate watching TV without it!! Anyway---I cannot believe the logic of that blue team...(perhaps logic is a poor choice in wording). Andrea seemed to convince the others that Aaron could make it fine without the help of the show, so by-by hottie with the man boobs. He does look PHINE in his update photo. Next week the trainer dude looks like he is gonna let them have it, and makes them step up and work harder. :phhht
    Last edited by Ana Bannana; 11-10-2004 at 08:55 AM.

I too was wondering why the guys take off their tank tops. Its not going to make any difference. If the red teams doesn't have to vote off one of their own next week, blue is doomed. I think that the really big guy on the blue team, will start losing a lot all at once and will make a difference to his team--if he lasts that long.
    I agree that they should do something about the host. She looks as if she should be right in there with them--she used to be so cute on Sabrina.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast