+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 10/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I really, really hate it when the guys gang up on the woman. Dave and Ryan seem that they have a possible alliance. Dave's strategy is to just float in the pool and just melt the fat off. I bet if they had tested BMI they would have found Lizzette probably had lost fat and gained muscle. Everyone noticed Dave did not work out as hard and yet they kept him. As far as I am concerned these two are made from the same cloth. Ryan probably thinks it is funny to see people die in gas chambers. This guy is one sick puppy. What he did to Lizzette is incredibly cruel, ( did you see Dave smirk too??) I can't believe that Ryan thinks it is ok to have fun at the expense of another person's pride and self respect like that. The guy obviously has a screw loose. If I could vote this guy would have his ass kicked off this show.

FORT Fanatic
    There's two things that bothered me about this episode. The first is that no one bothered to tell the contestants about fat vs. muscle. The more they work out the more weight they will gain in muscle! And once their body starts to get used to the new 'lifestyle' the less fat they'll lose at one time. The other thing is that they're basing the win on weight loss. It should be a combination of weight loss & inch loss. That way muscle gain is partly taken into consideration. It can't be encouraging to them at all when their win is based solely on weight.

What was funny was that as the 1 or 2 lb losses became known did you see the expressions of people's faces. They were all thinking 'that person must have cheated'.

I do hope that the trainer's or other people help explain all this. This is one reason I liked Discovery Health's Body Challenge. All the contestents stayed and they measured inches and BMI (Body Mass Index) There were weeks when the contestants lost no weight but they lost 2 or 3 percent body fat and that is big. So they were losing fat but also building muscle. Muscle is inportant because for every pound of muscle you build it takes 50 calories to maintain. Therefore increased metabolism which burns fat. I think in a lot of cases this show is not doing any service to the viewing public in regards to informing them. But on the other had you would think that these contestants would have known this would have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    That female trainer is a psycho imo.
    I dread to think of the harm she is doing to the bodies of her team.
    Could...not...agree...more. I think muscle tears are on their way! How very NFL.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

I agree with Bearcata and helpmeturnitoff
    Why did they even bother measuring them and dunking them in the body fat percentage pool if they weren't going to use those measurements to track their progress?

Quote Originally Posted by Swingsongbird
    I agree with Bearcata and helpmeturnitoff
    Why did they even bother measuring them and dunking them in the body fat percentage pool if they weren't going to use those measurements to track their progress?

Maybe they'll use those figures as surprise competitions down the road - which team lost the most inches, or lowered their bmi, etc....

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    Although I can understand why they voted the two girls off, this last one was done in a tasteless way. I hope the two jerkbones gets voted off next.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Ryan and Matt.... wow.. could they have found two bigger jerks for this team?

Amazing.
    I like these guys, and I don't think there's anything malicious about them at all. While some of the contestants deal with stress and dissapointment by pouting, whining, feeling sorry for themselves and snapping at each other, these two use humor to deal with it all. I think it's rather admirable.

Donut guy was mean, but at least it was entertaining..

NBC wants guys like donut guy on the show. If everyone was all nicey nicey, ratings would go down the tube. You need a bad guy or two for conflict. This isn't a Lifetime show, this is network TV. There have to be winners and losers.

I agree with the complaints about how TBL measures "progress." It seems that measuring bodyfat % and total inches loss is more fair than weight lost. Under this system they really have no incentive to gain muscle, which is the only way you can change the SHAPE of your body. Sure, you can do cardio cardio cardio all day long, but if you're a pear shape, you'll just end up looking like a smaller pear. Actually I'd totally elimiate "weight loss" as a category and just go with a 50/50 combo of bodyfat % and inches. That rewards muscle gain because that expediates bodyfat loss, although I wouldn't want to punish a man for gaining an inch of mucle in the pecs or biceps, etc.

I am convinced that Aaron (the curly haired guy) could get pretty ripped in 3 or 4 months, but that would have to include weight training and muscle gain.

I enjoy the show but admit that our electing the leader of the free world is a bit more important. I think I can wait another two weeks for this one.

I agree with Thonolan about Matt (donut boy) and his sense of humor. I usually deal with stress with a sense of humor (should have heard me in the delivery room ). I'm not sure that I would have made the joke in the elimination room, however, I did laugh when he said "what took you so long" after the elimination round. Somebody had to break the tension. Granted, it backfired on him, but at least he got their heads out of the doom and gloom.

Cupcake is riding coat-tails and when he's not doing that he's bullying people. I'm not sure who I dislike more him or the old guy from the blue team (Gary?) who needs to let everybody know his feelings and then gets all defensive when somebody tries to shake him out of it. Go home you big baby! ing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast