+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lizzeth - Red Team

Lizzeth - Red Team

Name: Lizzeth
    Hometown: Westminster, CA

Lizzeth has struggled, like so many other young adults, with her body image, from an early age. Born into a Spanish family, tortillas, rice and cheese are the staple. She has always been told, "you have such a pretty face" and she is sick of hearing just that. She wants to learn the right way to eat and the healthy way to live.

The overweight person's curse: You have such a pretty face.

What's NOT said is, "Now...if only the rest of you matched."

I know so many Hispanic girls that never make it past plump and go right into FAT. Again, it's their cultural food.

One of my Hispanic friends, Janet, has tried and tried to lose weight but her father punishers her if she doesn't eat with the family...and their food. He calls her a "gringo" for trying to be an average weight and says, "Any good Mexican man likes a woman with 'meat' on her bones! It gives him something to hang onto...", as the father than gestures a sexual coupling and laughs and laughs. So does the Mom, so Janet receives no support.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins

. He calls her a "gringo" for trying to be an average weight and says, "Any good Mexican man likes a woman with 'meat' on her bones! It gives him something to hang onto...", as the father than gestures a sexual coupling and laughs and laughs. So does the Mom, so Janet receives no support.

How disgusting to think a father would make such gestures in front of his daughter - and what's with her mother - all 'meat' no mouth?? It's disgusting that a woman in this day and age would allow herself to be so manipulated by a man, even if that man is her husband, that she wouldn't have the &@!!$ to stick up for her own daughter

FORT Fogey
    I liked Lizzeth, but it was definitely time for her to go. I'll take a guess and say that the cameramen and editors were misleading us. If she had actually stuck to her diet and consistently worked out as hard as she appeared to be, she would have lost considerably more than three pounds in two weeks. She had to be cheating and/or slacking... she had to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Thonolan
    If she had actually stuck to her diet and consistently worked out as hard as she appeared to be, she would have lost considerably more than three pounds in two weeks. She had to be cheating and/or slacking... she had to be.
    Actually, I think it is impressive that she lost 3 pounds this week. She worked hard and probably gained a lot of muscle mass.

Also, due to the fact that all these people lost so much weight in the first week, their bodies are trying to hold onto the fat that they have stored. Since she was on the red team that wasn't eating a lot, her body is trying even harder to keep the fat stores there since she isn't ingesting enough to keep her metabolic rate at what it should be.

Therefore, I don't think that any of them were cheating, I just think that it is the problems that come along with trying to lose weight.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaMonkey
    Actually, I think it is impressive that she lost 3 pounds this week. She worked hard and probably gained a lot of muscle mass.

Nope, she lost three pounds (which less than anyone else) the first week and didn't lose anything the second week. Three pounds in a two week period just isn't that much.

Technically though, it's only healthy to lose approximately one pound a week. So, compared to the healthy average, she's doing ok.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaMonkey
    Technically though, it's only healthy to lose approximately one pound a week. So, compared to the healthy average, she's doing ok.
    Compared to the other contestants, she did rather poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Thonolan
    Compared to the other contestants, she did rather poorly
    She weighs less than the rest though...therefore, would not be losing weight as quickly. But, she's off the show now, so we will never know how much weight she could have lost if she wasn't voted off.

We could argue this until the cows come home. So, let's just agree to disagree.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins

What's NOT said is, "Now...if only the rest of you matched."

I know so many Hispanic girls that never make it past plump and go right into FAT. Again, it's their cultural food.

One of my Hispanic friends, Janet, has tried and tried to lose weight but her father punishers her if she doesn't eat with the family...and their food. He calls her a "gringo" for trying to be an average weight and says, "Any good Mexican man likes a woman with 'meat' on her bones! It gives him something to hang onto...", as the father than gestures a sexual coupling and laughs and laughs. So does the Mom, so Janet receives no support.
    Not to defend the dad's gestures, but his point is well taken. I read a great article on the internet once by a Anglo/Mexican mix girl who went to an Anglo school where she was considered fat, but who when she went to the Mexican part of her town was a hottie. There was even a Spanish word (favorable) for the body part that encompassed both your tummy and rear end, both of which were supposed to be plumper than Anglos would like. Of course have forgotten the word!! Anyway hers was very desirable in the Spanish speaking part of town. So a lot of what "looks good" is culture.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast