+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Big Brother Over The Top (CBS All Access) - News & Speculation

Re: Big Brother 19 on CBS All Access (Fall 2016) - News & Speculation

Yup, we'll have a similar forum, although we're still discussing the structure.

There won't really be a need for a "TV show" forum this time since everyone will find out everything at the same time.
    dagwood and Sticker like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Big Brother Over The Top on CBS All Access (starts Sep 28th) - News & Speculation

Here's the official press release: The highlights:
    • The official name is BB Over The Top; the summer TV editions will continue the same numbering (19, 20, etc.)
    • The season is "only" 10 weeks long, and the grand prize is only $250,000
    • Besides the feeds, there will be only one "episode" each week for the live evictions.
    • Allegedly, we will see ALL competitions and ceremonies live as they happen.
    • Fans will have a lot more chances to interact with the HGs, and impact the game with the usual votes, etc.
    • Not in the release, but supposedly it will be an all-newbie cast with no returnees. We'll see.

"BIG BROTHER: OVER THE TOP" BEGINS STREAMING LIVE EXCLUSIVELY ON CBS ALL ACCESS AS A NEW GROUP OF HOUSEGUESTS MOVE IN, ON WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 28

New Digital Edition of the Hit Series Will Bring Fans All-New Elements Designed for Multi-platform Audiences

September 1, 2016 - CBS Interactive today announced the official title and premiere date for the upcoming digital edition of BIG BROTHER. Developed exclusively for CBS All Access, the CBS Television Network's digital subscription video on demand and live streaming service, BIG BROTHER: OVER THE TOP will begin streaming live on Wednesday, Sept. 28, at 10:00 PM ET/7:00 PM PT. Julie Chen is the host.

BIG BROTHER: OVER THE TOP will welcome an all-new cast of Houseguests to the BIG BROTHER House in a 10-week season that reimagines the BIG BROTHER format for multi-platform audiences. Fans will have more opportunities to engage with the Houseguests, while also having access to all the BIG BROTHER interactive features they love - 24/7 live feeds, chat and impact votes, plus a weekly one-hour episode with live evictions and more.

"We are very excited to embark on this new adventure for BIG BROTHER," said Executive Producer Allison Grodner. With the unique streaming format, not only will viewers get to see everything play out live, including ceremonies and competitions, but the audience will also participate in the show like never before. Each week will offer unprecedented interactive opportunities that will have an immediate impact on the game."

Additional details for BIG BROTHER: OVER THE TOP will be announced at a later date. Developed expressly for digital audiences, the new digital edition of BIG BROTHER marks CBS All Access's third original content effort, in addition to the upcoming original series STAR TREK: DISCOVERY and the spinoff of "The Good Wife."

In addition to the CBS All Access edition this fall, BIG BROTHER will continue to be broadcast on the CBS Television Network during the summer.

Read more at Breaking News - Title and Premiere Date Announced for CBS All Access Edition of "Big Brother" | TheFutonCritic.com
    Sticker likes this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Big Brother Over The Top on CBS All Access (starts Sep 28th) - News & Speculation

CBS All Access put out an email today saying that if you want to go AD Free, you will pay $9.99 a month. If you wish to stay the same at $5.99 a month, I guess ADs will continue to interrupt the shows.

I wonder what this new pricing means for this streaming show.
    Sticker likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar

Only one episode a week? So what if people (like myself) don't have time to sit in front of the feeds all the time and want the full TV-viewing experience still? Are we SOL?

I can't say this really excites me, I was hoping to be able to watch 3 episodes a week like I normally do now, and forget all about the live feeds. If I can't do that, I might just skip this season and consider it non-canon.
    Thor and Axeljoe like this.

I'm surprised they aren't doing a nightly recap show. Maybe they're just expecting Rob Cesternino to do it for them?
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I would love a BB BOTS type show to pop up maybe where the interview shows are now. Oh, dear...just had a vision of Jeff hosting. I've gone blind.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

$5.99 a month AND watch commercials..I don't think so.

I thought advertising on commercials brought in big bucks! I already pay through the nose for cable TV!

What's wrong with this picture? Somebody's getting rich.
    Punkin likes this.

I'll be watching with ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I would love a BB BOTS type show to pop up maybe where the interview shows are now. Oh, dear...just had a vision of Jeff hosting. I've gone blind.
    That's the problem with any "extra" type show they come up with -- we get Jeff hosting it.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by WillowLeviosa View Post
    I'll be watching with ads.
    And paying for it. Isn't it $5.99 a month with ads.

+ Reply to Thread