+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Big Brother Over The Top (CBS All Access) - News & Speculation

Re: Rumor: BB19 Airing This Fall???

Quote Originally Posted by fanoftheshow View Post
    I am probably the only one who liked season 9 (cuz it was a) a total train wreak and b)the first BBAD)
    that aired in like Jan/February timeframe due to the writers strike. I think that it will be online only. If at all.
    OMG I loved Season 9 and back then After Dark was on HBO and I even stayed up almost to 3am watching AD.

SOOOOOOOO much drama. It was AWESOME.

And then the WINNER ends up in Federal Prison. OMG.
    mom2 and fanoftheshow like this.
    KAREN

Re: Big Brother 19 on CBS All Access (Fall 2016) - News & Speculation

Looks like it's true, or at least truer than it was a week ago:

‘Big Brother’: New Season Coming To CBS All Access This Fall

by Nellie Andreeva
    August 2, 2016 8:45am

Original series are coming to CBS All Access sooner than we thought. I have learned that a new season of CBS’ summer staple, veteran reality series Big Brother, will air this fall on the SVOD service. Big Brother Season 19 will be 10 weeks, a little shorter than the show’s typical 13-14-week run, I hear. It will start shortly (within days) after Season 18 ends on the broadcast network with a 90-minute finale on September 21. It will be produced by the same team that makes the broadcast version and will feature a new cast of houseguests. CBS would not comment.

Speculation about a fall season of Big Brother started last week when the casting process was quietly launched, a move spotted by the blog RealityBlurred. The show’s official casting site continues to accept applications.

With Big Brother 19, CBS no doubt is looking to build on the success of the Big Brother 24/7 live feeds on All Access, which have been among the service’s most popular attractions, driving subscribers. A new installment of the voyeuristic reality series will keep the 24/7 live stream going. It is unclear yet how the live eviction episodes of Season 19 will be presented on the digital platform.

CBS All Access was supposed to launch original series with the January premiere of drama Star Trek: Discovery, the anticipated TV reboot of the classic sci-fi franchise, with a new series launching each quarter after that. With Big Brother 19, CBS All Access will keep the schedule of one new series every 3-4 months but will move the kickoff up by a quarter.

This will be Big Brother’s second installment airing outside of summer. The previous time was Season 9, which ran in midseason 2008 as a reaction to the writers strike, which left broadcast networks without scripted originals for a large portion of the 2007-08 season.

With Big Brother 19, CBS All Access will become the first subscription streaming service to launch a competition reality series, beating rival Netflix, whose Sylvester Stallone-produced Ultimate Beastmaster is now filming,
    Punkin and Mike'sgirl like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Grr. So if it runs ten weeks that'll go through Thanksgiving into early December. Not like I'm ever busy that time of year. Bite me, CBS. Winter would have been a better time!
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I'm just glad I have a roku device so I'm not chained to the computer...if, after the initial opening, I decide to continue.
    sparklete likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I hope it's not going to be solely online. If so, I won't watch it. I'm not paying for CBS All-Access on top of the regular cable I'm already paying for and I hate watching tv episodes online!

Is Big Brother in trouble? Usually shows only go online when they're in danger of being cancelled.

I guess it doesn't matter to me if Big Brother does get cancelled. It's not one of my favorite reality shows. Probably not even in my top 10.
    Thor likes this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar

Will BB20 be back on TV in summer 2017 then? I hope so!

I'll watch BB19 but since we don't get CBS All Access here in Canada I'll just have to download the eps.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Is Big Brother in trouble? Usually shows only go online when they're in danger of being cancelled. (clip)
    I don't think so. Les Moonves loves to keep his job by coming up with new ways to bring in revenue. Either this will be a success and we'll have 2 seasons a year, or it won't and we'll just have the summer season again. But I bet a similar show that doesn't cost as much shows up on All Access eventually, with a different name. Maybe the Glass House people will be able to sue them!
    pikachu likes this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I won't watch it online for paying for it. No way.

Official press release from CBS - they emphasize that the summer TV edition won't be affected:

New Digital Edition Of Big Brother Coming To CBS All Access This Fall Big
    Brother will also continue its successful run as summer series on the CBS Television Network.

Posted on Aug 3, 2016 12:15am

Big Brother fans have reason to rejoice because the fun won't stop when Season 18 finales on Wednesday, Sept. 21.

Instead, soon after the latest winner is crowned, a new digital edition of the series will kick off this fall exclusively on CBS All Access!

This extension of the series will be developed exclusively for digital audiences, and will mark CBS All Access' third exclusive piece of content for the premium service, including other upcoming original series Star Trek: Discovery and the spinoff of The Good Wife.

"Big Brother is an incredible success on the CBS Television Network and has always been ahead of its time when it comes to fan engagement," said Marc DeBevoise, President and Chief Operating Officer of CBS Interactive. "Already, the Big Brother Live Feeds are some of the most popular content on CBS All Access and with this new digital edition we will explore ways to reimagine this format for multi-platform audiences."

The new digital edition of Big Brother for CBS All Access will be produced by Emmy Award-winning producer Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan for Fly on the Wall Entertainment, in association with Endemol Shine North America.

Big Brother host Julie Chen will also be part of the digital edition.

Stay tuned for more details on CBS All Access' new digital edition of Big Brother.

Plus, Big Brother Season 18 will continue to stream all summer on Wednesdays and Sundays at 8/7c, and Thursdays at 9/8c on CBS and CBS All Access.
    Sticker likes this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Boom! There IT is!
    Sticker likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread