+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: What do you like/dislike about the changes made for Over The Top?

What do you like/dislike about the changes made for Over The Top?

Let 'em have it! Air your opinions about what you love, like, dislike and loathe about the ways the game is different from the usual Big Brother summer seasons.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: What do you like/dislike about the changes made for Over The Top?

It's S-L-O-W. I'm not really into watching live feeds, but I couldn't miss it for the world. But come on it took 24 hours to infect the HOH it's taking two days to safety those not on the block come on
    I am only as strong as the cocktails I drink,
    the hairspray I use, and the friends I have.

FORT Fan

My flashback doesn't work, so I am not able to go to the times that I really want to see, like Jason entering (I already saw a little bit, but I want to see more) and certain conversations.

I do not have time to watch feeds more than an hour or so. It's going to affect my ability to know what's going on if I can't get right to important times like safety ceremony, etc.

Like most of the cast, LOVE the lack of constant fish/feed blocking, love the live "ceremonies." I don't care for the scheduled stuff being on so late (to me), but I get that it's a west coast thing.

The daily recaps during the week are great, too. Short and sweet.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I Like:
    - THE CAST
    - feeds started the minute the hgs entered the house
    - BB makes them stay awake from 10am - 10pm
    - no fish...if necessary to block singing or talk not allowed they switch the cameras to a different room
    - that events have a scheduled time...yes a little late for us east coasters but at least we know when to turn in for comps, ceremonies and recaps
    - we get to see the comps and ceremonies live
    - daily recap
    - we get to vote on nominations, evictions, HNs, etc.
    - the backyard is not closed for days on end like last season
    - how the events are spread out over the week and not all jammed into 3 days with nothing else for the hgs to do from Monday to Eviction night on Thursdays

I don't like:
    - that it takes too long for the ceremonies i.e. 1st HOH took 24hrs to complete, nominations is taking 2 days, even the safety ceremony took 30 minutes
    - would like to see the recap shows a little longer and more detailed...can't watch the feeds all the time
    JustJuls likes this.

FORT Big Brother Mogul TheIrishEyes's Avatar

I actually like that the nominations are spread out. Gives more time to paranoia to set in. Someone who feels secure but then is not given safety in the first round has another 24 hours to stress about it. And more time for people to talk to the HOH and for things to possibly change. I think it'll end up making the game more interesting. We see it all the time - people make their nominations and then the next day some new piece of information comes to light and they wish they could change them.

Same for the HOH comp being spread out. Gives people time to plot. Basically, the longer things are spread out the more plotting and scheming and paranoia we have, and that makes for a better "game." ESPECIALLY once they start seeing what the fans thing based on the voting results. And they can't sleep the day away to help time pass. So they'll be up all day which gives even more time for plotting and scheming and paranoia.

Also love how everything is spread out. They don't have to cram all the comps into the first few days of the week since they don't need the extra time to put together the edited shows.

I love the simplicity of the competitions (so far, but I'm assuming this will continue). Much more like the early seasons, and as some have already mentioned, we don't have those long boring inside lockdowns.

They've done a great job so far with putting together the daily recaps.

Love the scheduled times. As Way and Susan said sometimes they're too late for me to watch live, but it makes it so much easier to flashback and watch later when I know exactly what time to go to.

Most of all I just like that they're trying new things. Some may work, some may not. But they are throwing things at the wall and attempting to change it up so I'm not going to gripe about it. Especially since we're not even a week in. In a regular season we still wouldn't even have the feeds.
    Punkin, waywyrd, susanr342 and 1 others like this.
    "Just a little faith and both your feet leave the ground"

I can see that the nominations over 2 days will add to the paranoia and might allow for more campaigning to the HOH by those not safe after 1st night. So it might be a good thing. We will have to see how it plays out.

I wonder if they are going to change up the POV at all? All hgs play? Maybe the person who uses it can nominate the replacement? What happens if the person the viewers nominated is taken off the block...will the 2nd highest nominate vote getter go up or do we vote again?

The cast can't sleep all day.....loving it!! I actually like the cast, they seem more real....and ready to play the game. The comp games and noms are a little slow for me, but I can live with it. So far....no showmances, I'm so OVER them.

Agree liking that we might not see as many showmances as in the past since most of the hgs are in relationships. I think I heard Neely say that her, Shelby & Danielle are the only ones that would be available for a showmance. They were joking about one of them (Neely or Shelby) would have to hook up with Monte in HOH to get a bed and a good night sleep and free up a bed downstairs for others. I think Danielle & Shane are going to hook up but his alliance members (Monte & Cornbread) will put a stop to it.

I can't complain about a single thing.....yet! I feel like this season was made for us super fan feed watchers. It's everything we have been asking for and somehow we are getting it
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast