+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: What do you like/dislike about the changes made for Over The Top?

Re: What do you like/dislike about the changes made for Over The Top?

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Am I the only one that is disappointment that this has turned into "The Jason Show"? Either you are for Jason or you might as well walk out of the house at this point since America will automatically be against you. I even like Jason and was originally relieved that he got voted in. Now I wish Josiah had won the vote so people would give other players a chance.
    I wouldn't say I'm definitely rooting for Jason to win, but I did not like him being the automatic target just because he was a vet. He was out before jury, so it's not as if he has so much more experience. Yes, he has been in the house. Yes, he does know what America tends to like/think (but that's more because he's a superfan and feeder).

I don't care if he goes soon, but I wanted him to get an honest chance to play and not just be the automatic eviction. There are enough big personalities in the house to carry the show. And if truth be told, I don't particularly care for the way Jason speaks and I think he can be downright mean at times. He may have a fan base going in, but he's probably going to lose some (ala Nicole, James, Frank). And more importantly, the others will gain fan bases.
    ilja likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Am I the only one that is disappointment that this has turned into "The Jason Show"? Either you are for Jason or you might as well walk out of the house at this point since America will automatically be against you. I even like Jason and was originally relieved that he got voted in. Now I wish Josiah had won the vote so people would give other players a chance.
    I agree. Jason is very entertaining but with America's vote the other side has little chance even if they win HOH. This could easily be setting up for a steamroll over Monte and the girls. Jason and crew won't have to game at all. America will do it for them. I hope it doesn't go that way but it is looking that way to me.
    ilja likes this.

I think if the house hadn't targeted him so hard the minute he walked in, America would have relaxed more instead of coming to his aid so strongly.

He's a superfan, but he's not good at applying what he knows to an actual game strategy, so he most likely won't win the game. He's more like a BB historian. But he can be very entertaining so I'm fine with keeping him in there for a while.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fanatic

I'm fine with Jason staying in the game. I just don't want to see Jason and crew dominate the game with little effort. With America on their side there isn't much the opposition can do. Even if the girls get HOH Monte seems to be the likely 3rd nominee. Without a favorable veto win Monte is gone. Same thing the following week. It could get very boring game-wise.

And IMO the house would be wise to target Jason ASAP, especially with America choosing the winner. 2 out of 4 vets made it to final 3 last season and a vet won.
    Last edited by dogslife; 10-05-2016 at 02:39 PM.

I'm glad Jason was voted in over Jozea, but I get really tired of listening to him sometimes.
    andee likes this.
    "Blindsided, oh, friendship blindsided you're going home, home!" -Paul BB18

Finally there are two authentic BB neighborhoods:

1) The 24-7 inside the total arena of the little people (the ants) while we observe from above (now with Olympian powers of our own). It's a neighborhood now, not some manipulated facade.
    2) The 24-7 inside the mind of US -- chatting over the fence, at the mailbox, on lunch hour, trying viral twitters, posting in dedicated forums. Nothing new there but bigger eyes make all things better.

BBOTT finally has me appreciating true neighborhoods.

I check into BBOTT when I have a minute or three to hang out like a fly on the wall. Other times I plan ahead to join an event, a party, or a hopeful outcome.

I visit FORT when I have an hour to browse through the conversations threading through the events that we all see together. I can catch up elsewhere, we all can. But I prefer the filler the opinions and perceptions from in here, not out there. You guys are great!

I like this OTT version much better because it gives us total perspective within a pre-selected social experiment.
    I like this FORT because it gives us a forum for observing, evaluating, and thereby becoming a part of this social experiment.

p.s. Did you ever wonder if you could be the ant? Escape and win or get dead? Didja?
    Punkin likes this.

I read elsewhere that this week's first safety ceremony was much quicker lasting only 5 minutes instead of the 30 minutes last week. Nice to see that BBOTT is tweaking the format as it goes along.
    JustJuls likes this.

The America voting for Jason thing is getting out of hand. I do like Jason, but he needs to get off the couch and play the game. Not ask America to do his bidding every week. I think that's why Kryssie saved him and some are on his side, they think they will be safe because of Jason. BB, this is a very good cast....stop interfering and let them play the game.
    ilja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamom12 View Post
    The America voting for Jason thing is getting out of hand. I do like Jason, but he needs to get off the couch and play the game. Not ask America to do his bidding every week. I think that's why Kryssie saved him and some are on his side, they think they will be safe because of Jason. BB, this is a very good cast....stop interfering and let them play the game.
    I recall Kryssie was saying Jason was her "ride or die" within the first couple of days so I think she picked him for her own reasons. But I agree that he should not progress just because he's a vet. I wanted to give him a pass the first week just to give him a fair chance, but I have no desire to save him week to week. Having said that, there are definitely some people I want to see gone before him.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamom12 View Post
    I think it will all work itself out. Every season "we" go up and down and back and forth on our favorites....week to week. Last season I loved Natalie....she put up Paul and Victor and she went WAAAAAAAAY down on all the polls. I liked Danielle the first week....and not so much this week It will change....it already has.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

+ Reply to Thread