+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: What do you like/dislike about the changes made for Over The Top?

RETIRED!! Doing whatever I want, whenever I want, with whomever I want!!

Re: What do you like/dislike about the changes made for Over The Top?

I'm so glad this thread is here now. Big thanks to MFWalkoff for creating it.

Ok guys, here's my main gripe. I'm normally not a feed watcher, too many other things to do. So, with the traditional broadcast version of BB I have always mostly depended on the 3x/week regular shows to keep up with what is going on. My huge frustration with this streaming version is I haven't been able to find the full first episode anywhere online. I can find tons of 6-15min videos that each create a piecemeal partial glimpse at what is going on, but that simply isn't worth my time and frustration. I really hope I'm overlooking something here, and you guys can point me in the right direction. If the reality is that for some bizarre reason we have to watch the full episodes as they happen, or not see them at all, then I am done with BB:OTT. I love BB and have never missed a single episode, but this one just might be a deal breaker. TIA for your help.
    ilja likes this.
    I have a terrible secret. When I eat in the dark, I bite my hands.

RETIRED!! Doing whatever I want, whenever I want, with whomever I want!!

Oh, and how about the fact that CBS is already charging us to watch this thing, and then has the nerve to charge us extra to eliminate the ads? Seems to me that the $6 I'm paying already should cover the cost of watching without gouging me for another $5.
    I have a terrible secret. When I eat in the dark, I bite my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Omar_X View Post
    Oh, and how about the fact that CBS is already charging us to watch this thing, and then has the nerve to charge us extra to eliminate the ads? Seems to me that the $6 I'm paying already should cover the cost of watching without gouging me for another $5.
    This was my reply to you about this in the other thread you posted this in:

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls View Post
    If you are a feed watcher already it costs nothing more. I haven't seen one ad yet....so don't bother paying extra. This season is basically a dedication to the feed watchers. It's what we have been wanting for years now. If you don't have time to watch the feeds....then this isn't for you. If you do....you'll be very pleased. Personally as a super fan....I am thanking CBS for this season. I love it.
    TheIrishEyes and Sticker like this.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

I did not pay the extra for the 'ad free' version and I too have not seen an ad on the feeds. I have seen an ad at the start of an video on the CBS website.

I use BBViewer and I can flashback to the recap episodes and ceremonies. I haven't tried to flashback to the first episode but I am sure it is there. Also the BBViewer has bookmarks and I just checked and the first episode is there.
    Sticker likes this.

It is also under the BB video tab.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by TheIrishEyes View Post
    (clip) Most of all I just like that they're trying new things. Some may work, some may not. But they are throwing things at the wall and attempting to change it up so I'm not going to gripe about it. Especially since we're not even a week in. In a regular season we still wouldn't even have the feeds.
    THIS. The summer format is in such a rut that they've relied on stunt casting to make things interesting for the past several years. Hopefully they can apply some of the better new ideas from this format to the summer seasons. Because I'm starting to lose my patience with the old format.
    Punkin, karna68, JustJuls and 1 others like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

The thing I don't like is waiting for the voting tab or some sort of way to vote to open up.

Otherwise I really like seeing the first four days, something we don't get to see with the summer show.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I think CBS is being proactive in getting ahead of the move away from expensive cable/satellite fees that people are exploring. This proven fan favorite is a perfect venue to test a digital alternative. BB feeders are getting exactly what they have complained about with the summer shows. Things are changing and CBS is trying out a future where they can stay relevant.
    Sticker likes this.
    Lynda

I agree with lots of others. I love it so far.
    I hope they bring some of these changes over to the summer show.

I too havent seen a commercial yet although I expect some to start being filtered into the season.

I hope they invest some time and money into setting up some nice comp setups for the HGs. I realize they wont be as elaborate as the summer comps but I hope they don't go too far the other way and make them too cheap.

Overall though I really like a lot of the changes and love the viewer participation being more involved.

The best change so far to me was bringing in some "real people". Real people instead of having all fame whores with some tie to the industry. It makes the show so much more interesting. We got some real good personalities in there and it makes it so interesting.
    Last edited by Sticker; 10-03-2016 at 09:41 AM. Reason: added another thing

Quote Originally Posted by Sticker View Post
    I agree with lots of others. I love it so far.
    I hope they bring some of these changes over to the summer show.

I too havent seen a commercial yet although I expect some to start being filtered into the season.

I hope they invest some time and money into setting up some nice comp setups for the HGs. I realize they wont be as elaborate as the summer comps but I hope they don't go too far the other way and make them too cheap.

Overall though I really like a lot of the changes and love the viewer participation being more involved.

The best change so far to me was bringing in some "real people". Real people instead of having all fame whores with some tie to the industry. It makes the show so much more interesting. We got some real good personalities in there and it makes it so interesting.
    It surprises me how many of the hg's still didn't audition for the show and a lot of them were approached. It is nice that more of the hg's are knowledgeable about the game, so many of them already "get" that America may not like certain decisions and that is playing in their minds. Also, they are speculating just what influence America has (i.e.-if America can save someone).

Like some of the others here said, I don't have a ton of time to watch. I do like that there are set times for events so I know there will be action at those times (or I can flashback), but I also don't like that there is only 1 weekly show. I understand it takes more time (and money) to produce more shows, but it seems that it is much easier for someone to miss some of the action.

I hope that the HoH is not going to be similar each week because that keeps certain people out of power all the time. I didn't mind the safety ceremonies, but would prefer they didn't stretch it out for 30 minutes. Let the HoH click on the buttons all at once while explaining their rational to us (which is probably why Monte was muted....give us some of his thought process on the weekly show).

Also hoping that the hg's get to do some bigger comps. I understand CBS doesn't have the time or budget for the elaborate set-ups like in the summer, but I don't want to see lame comps either. They definitely need to have an endurance comp or two in there.

All in all, I'm not against BBOTT, but I'm not quite sold on it yet. But being a BB fan, I'll take what I can get for now.
    Sticker likes this.

+ Reply to Thread