+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 347
Like Tree417Likes

Thread: BB19 Strategy Discussion Thread

  1. #311
    FORT Fogey tinderbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,809

    Re: BB19 Strategy Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I'd like to take issue with two of your points. Voters were free to give the immunity to any of them, and they do the same comps every year. It's not like they cherry picked the ones he excelled in.
    If they had just put him in with no help (friendship bracelets) he would have been right back out the door. I'm sure they had a little vested interest in making the twist work. It cost them $125,000 temptation after all.
    ...and many (if not ALL) returning vets get an advantage right off the bat, not just Paul. During the "coaches" season they had safety for 3 weeks, for example.

  2. #312
    Skye's BootyGuard Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    6,012

    Re: BB19 Strategy Discussion Thread

    ehh, i never really counted that as safety because they werent in the game

    but regardless, the minute they entered the game iirc they were targetted as they should be

    bottom line dan should have never been able to get to final 2




  3. #313
    Reality Junkie jsciv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The OC
    Posts
    2,058

    Re: BB19 Strategy Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I'd like to take issue with two of your points. Voters were free to give the immunity to any of them, and they do the same comps every year. It's not like they cherry picked the ones he excelled in.
    Voters were free to give the 3 weeks' immunity to anyone, sure, but it was a VERY safe bet that it would go to the veteran player since he already had fans and was known. There was almost no doubt that the public would give it to Paul, no matter how "free" the voters were to do whatever: crowd theory on that scale is science.

    But yeah, the comps are stale: they need to twist it up a bit or something I think.
    Punkin, susanr342 and allornothing like this.

  4. #314
    FORT Fogey tetrimble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    1,014

    Re: BB19 Strategy Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    ...and many (if not ALL) returning vets get an advantage right off the bat, not just Paul. During the "coaches" season they had safety for 3 weeks, for example.
    The vets didn't get that last year in S18. The only reason the vets ended getting through was because they had an immediate alliance and the fact that non of the hg's on Nicole's team wanted to be the first HoH (because that would put a target on their backs), allowing her to take the first one. This bought the vets some time to try to make connections.

    Honestly, I didn't have a problem with Paul getting the friendship bracelets (would rather they hadn't, but whatever). He should have been given safety for the eviction when Cameron was voted out, but I don't think it should've extended beyond that.

  5. #315
    FORT Newbie Monte71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    37

    Re: BB19 Strategy Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tetrimble View Post
    Honestly, I didn't have a problem with Paul getting the friendship bracelets (would rather they hadn't, but whatever). He should have been given safety for the eviction when Cameron was voted out, but I don't think it should've extended beyond that.
    Are you saying that everyone but Paul should have been eligible for the temptation?
    angelic_one2002 likes this.

  6. #316
    Reality Junkie jsciv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The OC
    Posts
    2,058

    Re: BB19 Strategy Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Monte71 View Post
    Are you saying that everyone but Paul should have been eligible for the temptation?
    I just think that three weeks of immunity was a terrible temptation, and that it being the first one made it guaranteed to go to the veteran. It's pretty unprecedented and none of the other temptations were even close to that powerful.

  7. #317
    FORT Fogey Punkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,399

    Re: BB19 Strategy Discussion Thread

    Kevin was well liked until Alex took an inordinate dislike to him. Christmas used to lay all over him. Jason liked him. If Paul took Kevin to the final 2 because he could argue that Kevin won nothing all season (threw, everything for Paul's plans), that would add Christmas and Josh into the bitter jury category with Jason (and Alex?) and perhaps they would remember that Paul largely pushed the "hate Kevin" program. How many people in the jury did he promise final 3 to? All but Cody? Only one more than half of them has to feel used and betrayed to refuse Paul the win. Crossing my fingers for Bitterest Jury ever! Someone here mentioned he could be "Hantzed".
    susanr342 and scoot13 like this.
    Lynda

  8. #318
    O.Snap! JosephD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,635

    Re: BB19 Strategy Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    So...who do you guys think Paul really wants to bring to the end?
    At this point, my guess would be Kevin. I think Paul wanted to take Raven for a while there, but she drove him over-the-top crazy so he decided it's time to clip her. I think he wants to take Kevin because he has no knowledge of what's going on in the outside world and so his perception of Kevin (I think) is that American doesn't like him, they see him as a floater, as fat, as old, as [insert your own negative adjectives]. Add to that the fact that Kevin hasn't won anything except the $25,000 that thrust Paul into the game, he's probably thinking he has a pretty good chance winning against Kevin. Also, I think he's thinking that IF American has a vote like in BBOTT, that America would never vote for Kevin because he hasn't played the game.

    Paul knows the jury isn't really fond of Kevin (except for Jason) and he knows that Alex, Josh, Christmas and Raven (and if Raven, then also Matt) would especially not vote for Kevin. They seem to loathe him. So, that's my theory anyway. I think at this point Paul wants to take Kevin.

    I think if he does, he'll lose.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

  9. #319
    FORT Newbie Monte71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    37

    Re: BB19 Strategy Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    I just think that three weeks of immunity was a terrible temptation, and that it being the first one made it guaranteed to go to the veteran. It's pretty unprecedented and none of the other temptations were even close to that powerful.
    Three weeks of safety is a very powerful and unprecedented temptation...and all of the houseguests were eligible to receive the temptation. It does not matter if a vet was all but guaranteed to win the temptation. It was thrown into the game by production, America voted, and Paul won. Paul did nothing but show up and accept what America gave him in this particular instance. There are plenty of reasons not to like Paul, but the temptation is not one of them. You are welcome to blame me. I voted.

  10. #320
    O.Snap! JosephD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,635

    Re: BB19 Strategy Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Monte71 View Post
    Three weeks of safety is a very powerful and unprecedented temptation...and all of the houseguests were eligible to receive the temptation. It does not matter if a vet was all but guaranteed to win the temptation. It was thrown into the game by production, America voted, and Paul won. Paul did nothing but show up and accept what America gave him in this particular instance. There are plenty of reasons not to like Paul, but the temptation is not one of them. You are welcome to blame me. I voted.
    Plus, if Paul was so horrible, doesn't it stand to reason that America would have banned together to vote against him, not for him? I mean, let's say someone other than Paul.... someone America doesn't care for was the only vet who entered the house with a bunch of unknowns (eg: Frankie Grande, Jessie Pectacular, Aaryan from BB15, Christine from BB16, Paulie from BB18...) would America have rallied together to vote for that person to win the temptation just because they were the only vet and America didn't know anyone else in the house? I highly doubt it.

    Even though I'm holding out hope that Josh will survive the next eviction and maybe somehow win the game, Paul clearly deserves to win.
    Gutmutter and Monte71 like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.