+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Derrick Levasseur - BB16 **Live Feed Spoilers**

Re: Derrick Levasseur - BB16 **Live Feed Spoilers**

It's a game, and he's trying to win it for his family. As much as I don't like his game play, he is doing a good job of manipulating people into believing getting rid of someone was their idea. I believe he has controlled every Hoh. Do I want him to go home? Not if Donny leaves, I hate to say it, but he will have earned the game..Please, Donny, outfox the fox...
    Bucky, Snapit, mina and 5 others like this.

Born and raised in NYC. Now living in Cincinnati.

I cannot even fathom what would make someone watch him on a television show and assume he will frame suspects.

We know nothing of him outside of the game. Like, literally.

Of course he will lie.
    Of course he will interrogate.
    Of course he will spread rumors.

Isn't that the point of the game? He hasn't been outright mean or bullying. What am I missing?
    TheIrishEyes and Katydyd like this.

derrick is playing better than the rest of these idiots obviously, but he is boring as hell (just like the rest of this cast...sigh) nothing entertaining or charismatic about him...

why dont these people pretend like he's amander zuckerman and obsessively target him even when he's not on the block...i guess noone else there wants to win money

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

Quote Originally Posted by daisypryde View Post
    I cannot even fathom what would make someone watch him on a television show and assume he will frame suspects.

We know nothing of him outside of the game. Like, literally.

Of course he will lie.
    Of course he will interrogate.
    Of course he will spread rumors.

Isn't that the point of the game? He hasn't been outright mean or bullying. What am I missing?
    Imo, it's perfectly reasonable for viewers to question his ethics as a police officer(for all the reasons you listed) Why not? Every other contestant is being scrutinized. People who put themselves out there on Reality Shows are fair game. A police officer shouldn't get a pass at scrutiny simply because he's a police officer. Being a Police officer does not automatically mean a person is good, honest, trustworthy and wearing a white hat out there in the real world. The rest of the house guests are being judged on behavior and actions. Moral judgments are being passed about them. The way he behaves, despite it being a game, gives us insight into his character.
    I'd trust Donny with my life. I'd trust Derrick to get me convicted of a crime, despite my innocence.
    Doesn't mean it's true, it simply means that's how I perceive them based on their behaviors. Yes, it's a game, but for me, I'm interested in watching how far someone is willing to go (and justify their tactics) in order to win.
    Also, viewers project their experiences in real life onto players. It's normal. So, there are viewers who, because they have negative experiences with crooked cops are automatically suspicious of police officers. If one has never experienced police corruption or the tragedy it brings I can understand being confused by another persons negative perception.
    I just think it should be okay to question any players character and how their behavior on tv may reflect who they really are in the real world. Especially if their job has to do with something that is related to morals , trustworthiness and having extraordinary power over other human beings lives.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 08-16-2014 at 04:48 PM.
    holly71, Punkin and scoot13 like this.
    Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. : "It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him from lynching me, and I think that’s pretty important.”

Born and raised in NYC. Now living in Cincinnati.

Of course it's ok to do it. I just don't understand it. The same way I don't understand how people can say Frankie won't donate prize money to schools in Africa simply because he's lying in a game in which the whole point is to lie.

I am not naive or ignorant. I just don't see how a game has anything to do with how one performs his or her job. Calling someone a corrupt police officer because he lies in a game is just a large leap for me.
    MFWalkoff, sparklete and JosephD like this.

FORT Fogey
    Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

If Derrick didn't see his job as being an advantage in the game...then why is he hiding that fact from the rest of the HGs, and why wouldn't he just tell them. Of course it gives him an advantage and Derrick knows it. And to the person up above who wrote the great post about Derrick not being able to schmooze Donnie....great post and you hit the nail on the head.
    holly71, Punkin, andee and 2 others like this.

I think Derrick is playing a very smart game; which isn't hard to do with the majority of the other house guests who are all buffoons save for Donny. My beef with Derrick is that he sucks all the fun out of everything; blah to Dull Derrick! If they let him get to final 2; he deserves to win though. I could see that happening; unless the jury is bitter. I think it would be hilarious if he gets his way and then loses to Victoria, b/c his boys are all mad that he sent them all packing! This is the perfect week to get him out! He can't play for veto! If Frankie got him out this week I would be inclined to be more of a fan of his. And it would be a big move that he could brag about if he made it to final 2.
    Last edited by mina; 08-16-2014 at 04:47 PM.
    Punkin, Coco46 and ilja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by daisypryde View Post
    Of course it's ok to do it. I just don't understand it. The same way I don't understand how people can say Frankie won't donate prize money to schools in Africa simply because he's lying in a game in which the whole point is to lie.

I am not naive or ignorant. I just don't see how a game has anything to do with how one performs his or her job. Calling someone a corrupt police officer because he lies in a game is just a large leap for me.
    I don't think he's a corrupt cop, in fact I think he's probably a really nice person. I just think he would go to any lengths to get what he wants from a suspect or even a witness. Also, I don't care for Frankie (in the game, who knows what he's like outside the game), but I think he will definitely donate to the charity in Africa and I have no doubt that he goes to Africa to help build the schools.

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2 View Post
    If Derrick didn't see his job as being an advantage in the game...then why is he hiding that fact from the rest of the HGs, and why wouldn't he just tell them. Of course it gives him an advantage and Derrick knows it. And to the person up above who wrote the great post about Derrick not being able to schmooze Donnie....great post and you hit the nail on the head.
    Donny works at a school. So he has a huge advantage when it comes to this cast (kidding )

Different people have different strengths and thus come into the game with different advantages. Some have looks and will use those, others use their physical strength and skill to win competitions, some use their smarts or social skills to strategize/manipulate or win the mental comps (and then there's people like Victoria who get used as pawns ) That's Big Brother. I think it's on the others not being anything more than slightly suspicious of Derrick (other than Donny) for that mistake, not Derrick. It's to his credit and to their loss.

As always, just my view. Part of the fun of the show and this forum is all the different perspectives.
    daisypryde, ilja and sparklete like this.
    "All right, my turn." -Zach, BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I think you have hit the nail on the head, Irish.
    I can't believe how hot Donny looks in your avatar.

Funny how I can like posts that say just the opposite of each other.
    Will you accept my Mirror-ball dancing Bachelor rose big bro as a MERICA Idol since we have such a connection?

+ Reply to Thread