+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Jen - Season 8 (Live Feed)

Jen - Season 8 (Live Feed)

Please use this thread for any ongoing discussion of Jen from the show or the feeds.
    Last edited by fluff; 08-01-2007 at 03:18 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: Jen - Season 8 (Live Feed)

I love to hate Jen. I feel Dick is out of line when he treats her the way he does. This has now made me want Jen to win.

Quote Originally Posted by petertracy;2499397;
    I love to hate Jen. I feel Dick is out of line when he treats her the way he does. This has now made me want Jen to win.
    I'm somewhat with you here. I don't know if I want Jen to win, but I certainly want her to prevail over Dick.
    "Kid, I have vision... and the rest of the world wears bi-focals." - Butch Cassidy

FORT Big Brother Mogul TheIrishEyes's Avatar

I agree. I wouldn't mind seeing Jen win HOH next week and sending Dick home.
    "How often do you get to hold a giraffe and win a veto?"

Jen is second on the Love them or Leave them poll on CBS.com. She is a point behind Dick. Give her a week or two and I think she just might be the favorite.

Go Jen! I like to root for the underdog.
    Reality Junkie

I like so many others could not stand Jen when the season first got rolling. However, I have come to have a strange and virtually unexplainable affection for her. I am so continuously impressed with how she handles ED's outbursts and remains cool, calm and cocky as always. I find her honesty about how un-emotional and superficial she is refreshing. I would love to see her prevail over ED and all his huffing and puffing, because frankly, it does not seem like he is going to blow her house down any time soon. We shall she when HOH comes up tonight, but I would love to see Diva Jen throw a few bricks Dick's way.

I still see nothing at all to admire in this person. Her lack of response to Dick is not, to me, indicative of strength of character, but rather in keeping with her evidently sociopathic personality.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

May I ask who, left in the house, has real charecter? How much room is there for charecter in the BB house afterall? These people are on this show to be greedy. It's the nature of the beast. Jen is a perfect bed partner for that beast.

What I mean is, to me, I don't see her lack of response to tirades against her as being a strong person. I see it as her lack of engagement with the world, including emotions. This is a woman who felt 'something' when Jameka was crying about having to eat slop, but couldn't identify what she felt. She's emotionally remote, except for the most superficial things about herself (her hair in the photo).

I'm not saying she isn't perfect for BB. I'm just saying that I don't think she's an admirable personality - in fact, I think just the opposite.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

I am starting to like Jen more and more. It kind of started when she became HOH and was talking with Eric at length about where her mind was when it came to her thoughts on nominations. I saw that she was actually intelligent when it comes to understanding people, and in deconstructing and interpreting their actions. She just doesn't string her sentences together too fluidly so it can be hard to tell sometimes. There are a few people in the house who she does that with, but definitely not a majority.

In regards to her responses to Dick and Nicks tirades against her, or should I say lack of response, I feel like I can identify with that as well. I can't speak for Jen, but often when someone has had a lot of verbal abuse in their life or their past they develop a coping mechanism of ignoring it, and letting the abuse slide off of their back. I am not claiming to know anything about her past, or make any accusations to anyone who might have been close to her at some point in her life. But considering she has said she ran away from home when she was a teenager and by the way she responds to her verbal attacks, and that she seems to be concerned with her physical appearance (something she has some level of control over, which could be because there are other areas in her life that she feels helpless in), I wouldn't be surprised if there is a lot more to this story than we know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast