+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Caleb Reynolds - BB16

Re: Caleb Reynolds - BB16

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    It was a pig Caleb killed with a stick in the video. Considering how "intelligent" pigs are supposed to be, it was especially cruel. I can not even imagine beating any animal, much less to death. Sicko.
    I now hate him more than ever! there is a local woman here that went on a "big game" hunt in Africa & was posting pics online of her kills & now she's getting death threats. And her redneck-hillbilly-hick supporters are up in arms about the death threats. I doubt anyone will follow through with it, but I don't feel one bit sorry for her. Disgusting.
    Last edited by holly71; 07-04-2014 at 06:06 PM.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jahim View Post
    It is offensive. It's, I guess, a choice of whether you are going to look at this instance as just the one time posting from two years ago and keep it in mind of what may be (or may not) to come, or if you are going to judge and condemn him for it going forward and get yourself upset every time he's on TV. I'm going to try to let it go and let someone else who has never made a mistake or said something wrong go ahead and denounce him.
    He's obsessed with a houseguest who could easily be black, and VERY touchy/feely with the gay man. These are hardly the actions of a racist homophobe. Perhaps it's time we let go of this one issue and judge him based on what he's done since on the show began. Everything I've seen of this guy leads me to believe he's a psychopath who embodies most of the male traits I loath. I don't need him to be a racist homophobe to dislike him more.
    Punkin, Florimel, Jahim and 2 others like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    He's obsessed with a houseguest who could easily be black, and VERY touchy/feely with the gay man. These are hardly the actions of a racist homophobe. Perhaps it's time we let go of this one issue and judge him based on what he's done since on the show began. Everything I've seen of this guy leads me to believe he's a psychopath who embodies most of the male traits I loath. I don't need him to be a racist homophobe to dislike him more.
    This is 100% true.
    PWS likes this.
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

That is awful. While I generally agree with Jahim's assertion not to judge Caleb for a two year old post, killing a helpless animal for entertainment on camera is beyond the pale. I guess everybody has their own boundary for what can be chalked up as a mistake or character flaw and what crosses the line. I can get over his insults to the President despite finding them offensive. For as long as he lasts in the house, I won't be able to look at him without thinking of what he did to that animal.
    Punkin and Tmull2013 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AWfielder View Post
    That is awful. While I generally agree with Jahim's assertion not to judge Caleb for a two year old post, killing a helpless animal for entertainment on camera is beyond the pale. I guess everybody has their own boundary for what can be chalked up as a mistake or character flaw and what crosses the line. I can get over his insults to the President despite finding them offensive. For as long as he lasts in the house, I won't be able to look at him without thinking of what he did to that animal.
    Does anyone know what type of "pig" this was...did anyone from this forum see the video? We have feral hogs in my state (actually classified as a pig) and they are extremely aggressive and will attack without being provoked.
    Tmull2013 likes this.

FORT Regular

I totally agree with Monte71 it really depends on the animal etc. I also live in the deep South
    and we also have wild hogs and pigs. They are extremely dangerous to humans and other animals
    so, at times hunters in this area have to hunt them and put them down. I don't agree with being
    cruel to any animal tame or wild but, when it is for the safety of the community I do have to
    view it in a different light.
    That being said, I will hold my criticism of Caleb until I can get more information on this incident.

I haven't seen the video, but from the descriptions I've read, the choice of animal isn't so much the problem -- it's that they beat it with sticks. If it was feral and needed to be put down, you put it down humanely and quickly -- you don't do it by gleefully beating it with sticks again and again. From all appaerances, they used the "feral pig" as an excuse because he/they just wanted to kill something.
    Punkin, AWfielder and Tmull2013 like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Regular

Thanks for the information MKWalkoff. There is NO excuse for that kind of
    horrific action. I'm sorry CR you were my fave but, I'm done with you.
    That is just sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I haven't seen the video, but from the descriptions I've read, the choice of animal isn't so much the problem -- it's that they beat it with sticks. If it was feral and needed to be put down, you put it down humanely and quickly -- you don't do it by gleefully beating it with sticks again and again. From all appaerances, they used the "feral pig" as an excuse because he/they just wanted to kill something.
    Thanks for sharing the descriptions that you read.

I agree, if an animal is a danger and needs to be put down then it should be done as humanely as possible. That is part of the reason why I think there is more to this than what is being told by those who "have seen the video". I can't imagine a person being a hunting guide and not respecting the humane death part...it goes against all reason and spirit as a hunter.

I guess I will just have to reserve judgment until I can see the video for myself (if ever). It seems to me that some people in this world want someone to dislike and even innocent/misunderstood actions can be seen as an atrocity (especially when the evidence is only seen by a few and is no longer available). I would like to see if he and his friends went all "Maasai warrior rites to manhood" or if they just happened to stumble on a feral hog while tromping around the woods and had to defend themselves from an aggressive animal.

Frankly, I just can't see Caleb as the horrible human being that some have made him out to be...he just seems to me to be really immature.

Feral or not, I find it disgusting what Caleb did to that pig. If it was feral then why not just shoot it? Bleh. I so wish this wasn't true. I hope Caleb is gone on Thursday.
    Punkin likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast