+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Donny Thompson - BB16

Re: Donny Thompson - BB16

awe...he will be liked by all of America!
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

I was a little disappointed in his Rachel interview except for the end when I learned he loves reality TV. link
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

He hates killing animals? With guns? What about ice picks? Joking. Maybe.

Even though he looks like the Duck Dynasty guys, I wanna like him. My only concern is about his judgement in that his fave player was Spencer and that he could relate to him. Prove me wrong dude!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Maybe it was him, but if not then someone else in the Reality Relapse videos mentioned how they ask about a favorite with a lot of different questions to come up with what's on the bio cards and I actually thought about that with a few of these guys answers. If it is paraphrasing we're reading, rather than a filled out sort of questionnaire response it makes sense. In his video he does mention the Spencer thing, but he lists off a couple guys including Bunky from like the Jurassic season. I was view him more warmly after the video then I did after reading the bio and picture and he does seem much smarter than that picture portrays him. He looks like a character to be cast (which is shocking on a show like this, I know!) and I get an impression he's just a fan of the show and wants to shake up his sort of routine life with an adventure.
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

I really liked him in his interview with Rachel. I hope he turns out to be decent.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

The "old guy" who doesn't socialize, has lived alone for 21 years. I wonder how long it will take before his head explodes from having to deal with the crazy house music dj chick? lol Having said that, my powers of personality prediction tell me he is going to be the most likeable. I also foresee a friendship forming with Devin for some reason. Both seem level headed. I like him-in a tie with Devin as my favorite.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

FORT Big Brother Mogul TheIrishEyes's Avatar

regarding the Duck Dynasty look-alike thing - one thing to keep in mind is that Big Brother dresses them for these photos to fit into some of their stereotypes. They get a guy with a beard from small-town NC that resembles someone that could belong on a hit show like DD and you better believe they're gonna play it up for all it's worth.

Especially after small town Southern Judd with his bear shirt was such a hit last year.
    Send me home next week! I'm taking food out of your daughter's frikkin mouth ... I'm stealing books and schools from kids in Africa! - Zach

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheIrishEyes View Post
    regarding the Duck Dynasty look-alike thing - one thing to keep in mind is that Big Brother dresses them for these photos to fit into some of their stereotypes. They get a guy with a beard from small-town NC that resembles someone that could belong on a hit show like DD and you better believe they're gonna play it up for all it's worth.

Especially after small town Southern Judd with his bear shirt was such a hit last year.
    I like this guy, I hope he doesn't play the game like Judd. lol Hope he doesn't disappoint either. He's only had the beard for a few months, but you're right in that he might not have been cast if he didn't have it.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Didn't Spencer say that the only reason he grew a beard was to get cast and that it worked?
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Donny Thompson- BB 16

Supposedly everyone in and out of the house LOVES Donny but he doesn't have a thread on this forum and we're in week #5. Apparently there is already speculation that he is the clearest choice of this crew to be invited back for the next all star season. I admire his positive attitude despite being on the block every week and he's played really well in a couple of the competitions. He selflessly saved Jocasta and helped inspire her to speak in tongues which is certainly a singular moment in BB history. It's clear he's way smarter than his Gomer Pyle routine would indicate. Considering he's a grounds keeper who looks like a roadie for ZZ TOP, his girlfriend back home seems like a real catch. I can't put my finger on what leaves me cold about Donny. Hayden is charming as can be because you believe the guy we're watching on TV is the guy he is 24/7. While I'm not as suspicious of Donny's true background as some of the HG's, he remains a question mark in my mind. In terms of effective game play, perhaps that's a good thing.
    redsox girl and Tmull2013 like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast