+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Zach Rance - BB16

Re: Zach Rance - BB16

Pushing it where? It's more than a bromance and (for now) less than a romance. It's something BB hasn't seen before, in America at least. It's fascinating to a lot of people, especially since it's happening in real time on network TV every week.

Frankly I'd love to see it go even further, but I don't think Zach even knows what or who he is yet. He has claimed over and over again in interviews and in the DR that he doesn't really care about the other HGs, or people in general for that matter, and that he enjoys manipulating them. It sounds like he's so far in his own head when it comes to interpersonal relationships, he probably hasn't fully figured out yet what really turns him on.

He's said he really loves his family, especially his little brother, but Frankie is the only person in the house that he has stated in the DR that he actually cares about on a human level. For all we know, that could be a breakthrough for him. He's still a kid -- a precocious kid who a big mouth whose mom still takes care of him. It could be interesting to see who he turns into after this experience is over.
    Jahim likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

On the very first episode when BB was surprising each house guest with their key and telling them they'd been chosen for the show, I absolutely hated Zach. He came across as such a self-centered, egotistical, a$$. Now, some two or three weeks later, I'm really warming up to the guy. I love the Zach/Frankie faux bromance, and even though it was a stupid move as far as BB strategy is concerned, I gotta give the guy some credit for owning what he said about wanting Devin out, to Devin's face. Again, not a smart move because it put a target on his back, but in a real life situation, most people would go to their grave before admitting they were the one who said something negative against someone else when being confronted by that person.

Trust fund baby? Maybe. Still, I do like Zach at this point. As well as Frankie, Derrick and Donny. Everyone else.... meh.
    buttahfly likes this.

I agree with MFW that if Zach discovered something about himself during this summer in the house, it would be truly fascinating. I think the hope of every reality show is that something genuine and unexpected happens between people when thrown together in this artificial televised situation. The greatest documentaries have a left turn where the filmmaker uncovers a secret they weren't intending to find out. CAPTURING THE FRIEDMANS began as a look at a family who entertained as clowns at birthday parties and uncovered something really shocking about the father. MY KID COULD PAINT THAT was supposed to look at a little girl prodigy who made $28,000 for her finger painting until we learned her dad was actually doing her paintings. They are both really great movies by accident. Like Joseph, I hated Zach in the first episode. That was a confused kid with a camera staring at him putting on a tough guy persona like he didn't care about anyone. The cool part of BB are those little moments when the facade is lifted and we get a glimpse of who these people really are.

FORT Regular

Well even though I am not a fan of FG I hate to see anyone used. If you remember
    MFW and AWF Zach was quite belittling of FG and now their sharing this little what
    ever it is. How can anyone sit back and defend that? It is all part of the plan for
    Zach to win and nothing more. I hate to see people used and tossed aside. But,
    MFW and AWF go right ahead and support it. You will see I'm right.
    Last edited by Tmull2013; 07-14-2014 at 02:48 AM.

FORT Regular

But I will give MFW and AWF if it truly is sincere it would be awesome to see Zach
    grow up and learn something new about himself. It would also
    be something new for BB and if I'm not mistaken reality tv in general. If it 100%
    genuine, then I'm all for it! Discovery is an amazing thing in ones life.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Pushing it where? It's more than a bromance and (for now) less than a romance. It's something BB hasn't seen before, in America at least. It's fascinating to a lot of people, especially since it's happening in real time on network TV every week.

Frankly I'd love to see it go even further, but I don't think Zach even knows what or who he is yet. He has claimed over and over again in interviews and in the DR that he doesn't really care about the other HGs, or people in general for that matter, and that he enjoys manipulating them. It sounds like he's so far in his own head when it comes to interpersonal relationships, he probably hasn't fully figured out yet what really turns him on.

He's said he really loves his family, especially his little brother, but Frankie is the only person in the house that he has stated in the DR that he actually cares about on a human level. For all we know, that could be a breakthrough for him. He's still a kid -- a precocious kid who a big mouth whose mom still takes care of him. It could be interesting to see who he turns into after this experience is over.
    This. All Day Long.
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post
    I might like this one
    boy was I wrong on this
    redsox girl and GabbyG like this.

Tonight it seems like Zach had access to this forum in the house and decided to listen to MFWalkoff's suggestions and take it one step further to say the least. During this episode's cuddlefest, I thought I didn't hear it right when Zach told Frankie he wanted to "have intercourse with him to celebrate getting off the block". I was shocked that made it past the CBS censor so I guess it's OK to mention here. Too bad Zach lost that giant game of dominoes or there might be a big ratings jump on the TV Guide channel for BIG BROTHER AFTER DARK.
    PWS and Tmull2013 like this.

FORT Regular

Right on point AWFielder! I missed the intercourse comment too. However I must say I was
    surprised but not shocked. Being gay myself I have never had a cuddle session with a str8
    guy so, I did feel that Zach had to atleast be curious and testing the waters. I commend
    CBS for airing this exchange between two adults. I will be the first to say I thought this
    was just a ploy on Zach's part after how he talked about Frankie in the first interview. Not
    100% sure it is legit but, I hope it is real. In my life I have been quick to judge someone
    before even taking the time to get to know them. Maybe Zach learned a very valuable
    lesson that took me many years to learn.....Never judge a book by its cover!
    I must say that Zach does seem sincere and his character has went up more
    than a few notches in my book. Team Zach/Frankie all the way!!!!
    Last edited by Tmull2013; 08-04-2014 at 03:10 AM.
    Joseph Dampier likes this.

I have had experience with known to be straight guys that just don't particularly care. They are comfortable with themselves and that's that. So I've seen plenty of silly flirting and "poster boy"ing so it doesn't surprise me to see it finally happen in the house and if anything to a bit of the extreme. The reality is, this house seems to always drive those extremes. I don't know what the mix of sequestering and the producer questioning in the DR that causes it, but we've seen it a lot in this game. Season 9 had it all over the place with their soul mate season, we've seen it with Rachel and Brendon, and Jeff and Jordan and then to playful one-sidedness with Caleb and Amber and Gina Marie and Nick last season. Have I ever seen the level of Zankie straight to gay guy flirtation? Maybe not, but it is not so far off. I think they just really relate to one another well and Zach is not afraid to take it to that extreme for fun (for himself and TV I'm sure) and the sake of the bond. I personally love watching the Zankie shenanigans play out.
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast