+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Big Brother 16 Pool - The Alliance

Big Brother 16 Pool - The Alliance

Hey Everyone! I am happy to welcome and introduce you all to Big Brother 16: The Alliance. This pool actually does run with a lot of similarities to Pikachu's great pools I've seen for Survivor, the Amazing Race and others. I've actually hosted this pool elsewhere for 6 years, and since returning to the FORT has been so great for me, I've asked Pikachu and the admins here if I could bring this pool to you all. With their gracious blessings here we are!

The Alliance was a pool is designed to recognize the House Guests who do well with competitions and are active players rather than those who fall into the background, but ultimately even those who do fall into the background and make it far into the game will do well. In general, House Guests will score points for winning competitions, being nominated, as well as surviving evictions, and a few others based on the surprises I've had to deal with each season.

In the history of Big Brother, we have seen plenty of alliances fully drawn out and meticulously picked by some in house mastermind, and others that just sort of fell into place out of convenience and other factors. That's how you will get your alliance assigned to you. Each participant will PM or post a full ranking of the House Guests, from who you'd want on your alliance the most to the least. Whether you like them or not, may be a different question, which also happens with the alliances that occur on the show. I will take eveyone's list and make a completely unique alliance for everyone and try to equally represent each House Guest. So overall unpopular House Guests will still have players on here that have them on their team and there won't be a landslide of representation of an especially popular House Guest on almost everyone's team. This is probably the biggest difference I've seen from the pools Pikachu have hosted. I do make my best effort to give everyone an alliance of three of their Top 5, but the reality is I've had seasons of very unpopular House Guests where I've had to go below someone's Top 5, which makes the entire ranking important. Once you are assigned your alliance of three, I have always encouraged an Alliance name, since it is such a Big Brother thing to do and I'm pleased to see many of you are already accustomed to naming their alliances. I look forward to some great alliance names coming!

Finally, in Big Brother, we've seen a number of alliances that form early on that sort of come together. How many times have we by the end of a season had essentially a season of two teams against one another? So if your alliance is not doing so hot in the beginning, don't feel like your game is over! I'll explain more of the details as it becomes an actual opportunity and enough House Guests are evicted, but there is a way to get back in the game, but it does come at a cost and there is a few limitations.

Point Spread:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Winning a Head of Household Competition: +40 Points
    Being Nominated for Eviction: +15 Points
    Winning a Have/Have Not Competition: +5 Points
    Winning a Luxury Competition: +15 Points
    Winning a Power of Veto Competition: +25 Points
    Receving the Power of Veto: +10 Points
    Not Using a Power of Veto: -5 points
    Being Evicted or Removed from the House: -15 Points
    Surviving an Eviction: +(2 x [# of Evicted Houseguests]) Points
    Winning an America's Choice: +50 Points
    Winning a Coach's Competition: +20 Points
    Receiving Coach's Immunity: +10 Points
    Being Chosen as America's MVP: +30 Points
    Receiving a Final Juror Vote to Win: +15 Points

Scoring is largely straight-forward, however with each of the twists of each season I've had to tweak things frequently so I do reserve the right to change things on the spot as necessary. The scoring mentality is that obviously the Head of Household gets the most points initially, and of course likely earns Survival points, but nothing takes the steam out of a HOH more than when their #1 target is nominated, then wins a Veto and removes themselves (for a total of 50 points + Survivals). So I generally keep that in mind with the various twists. For example, Elissa would have ran away with all the points last year if I simply kept each of those MVP wins as an "America's Choice". So since I knew the MVP was going to be a weekly occurrence I still put it pretty high as the recipient would really have quite a bit of power, but not quite 50 points. If they do that again this year, I'll keep it as is, but knowing Big Brother, there is going to be something else coming my way as a Host to try to figure out. To clarify as well, "America's Choice" is usually reserved for the kind of votes we do for player to return to the game, or receive letters from home, or Favorite Player at the end of the season. If there is some sort of America's Player or MVP weekly kind of vote, I won't be dishing out 50 points each time, but America's Choice scoring is intended to be a big boost as it usually shakes up the house quite a bit to find out who is popular among the audience and frequently comes with big rewards that I can't otherwise score.

Once we get the official release of the House Guests, please PM me or simply reply in thread with a full ranking of the House Guests that you think will score you the most points through out the season. I want to thank you ahead of time for participating and please ask any questions in thread, because I want this to be as fun as possible for everyone and it's not fun if it does not make sense. I am really looking forward to the season!
    waywyrd, Hyper, Cootie and 1 others like this.

Re: Big Brother 16 Pool - The Alliance

Eeeeeeeewe! I wanna play! Official release of House Guests? Is that before or after the first night of the show?
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Before usually. I usually have everyone's alliance drawn up on premiere night. Unless something strange happens, they usually release the cast a week or two before. I have had to deal with a "mystery house guest" in the past (Jessie's second season) so if something like that happens, we play it by ear. I'm sure the FORT will post up bios ASAP and I'll be all over the Big Brother CBS.com site, I'll also try to link up any interview videos for you all. I take my Big Brother seriously... up until I have to pay real money for feeds, then sometimes I wavier.
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm looking forward to playing in this pool!

Do we get to see the first episode before submitting our picks or do we need to have our picks in before then?

Also, I have a thread for FORT Reality Show Pools, where I include a listing of the top three highest scoring pool teams and the lowest scoring pool team. Once this pool is completed, I'll be happy to post the results there for future reference.

Everyone will need to get their picks in before the first show. Tomorrow, CBS will be releasing all the House Guest info. I do work early tomorrow, but when I get time when I get home I'll make sure it is posted up here at the FORT if someone else does not already. Typically there are cast interview videos, the bio and cast pic, so usually enough info to find out who you might like. For this pool, I like to get that initial first impression. I remember the season Lydia was in, I believe Season 10, and she was a clear early favorite among online commenters and the pool, by the time she finally got the boot, a majority of those fans changed their minds and I do find it enjoyable to see that dynamic. Plus, frequently the first HOH is done on the first episode, and I don't want any unfair point advantages.

I totally missed the first period and was thinking, WHAT?!?
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

So, of course, Big Brother and my good friend Allison Grodner have really tried to throw a loop for me. I've really got to ponder how I want to handle this upcoming twist. For those of you who may have not read on the other threads, apparently there is going to be some sort of double trouble twist. I've historically dealt with duo HOHs and 4x Nominees just as normal and everyone scores the same as per usual.

With this Battle of the Block, I have to sort of see how it's going to play out. If it replaces the Veto, it may be something completely different to deal with, but I'm assuming it is a brand new competition altogether. I believe they are going to have two HOHs Thursday. We know now that they will nominate their own group of nominees. I'm hearing buzz about two separate pools of HGs to pick from, but I have seen nothing of that from AG or the Chenbot and I think it would have been mentioned truthfully.

Theory #1:
    I just think they will operate seperately. The Battle of the Block, or the BOTB, I suspect will occur Sunday and the winner or winners will get a choice of which HOH they want to back up. If this is the case, and it is a single winner, I will give that person 30 points for the win. Then the rest of the week runs as normal with a Veto comp done as normal with the then current 2 nominees. If this is the case, I will have a -10 for all of the participants of the rejected HOH and nominees. So for example, if Joe and Jessica win HOH, Joe is mad at Mike and Mark and Jessica doesn't like Joe and Mark. So, at that point, Jessica has 40 points, Joe has 55 points, and Mike only has 15 points and Mark has 30 points. They do their BOTB comp and we'll say Michelle wins it and scores her own 30 points, and she backs up her buddy Joe. So Jessica will go down to 30 points, since she did win a comp but it didn't pan out in the end. Joe will also go down to 45 points, since he's no longer in danger but was a nominee (40 points for the HOH and 5 remaining points from the faux-nomination) and Mark goes down to 20 points, (15 points for the nomination that stuck and only 5 points for the other nomination now removed), Mike keeps his 15 points as normal because he is a now definitive nominee. If the BOTB occurs after some convoluted Veto comp, I'll probably adjust it a bit.

If you have theories about the twist, please feel free to share and I'll have to postulate and write some of my solutions out.

I am in!
    I am only as strong as the cocktails I drink,
    the hairspray I use, and the friends I have.

Alright everyone! Anyone who is interested in playing, please begin to send in your PMs to me with your ranking of the House Guests. I am going to feverishly work on my own personal Memory Wall that I keep score with and start to plan out who is going where. Rank your HGs 1-16, with 1 being who you REALLY want on your team, and 16 being who you really just don't like/want.

I just sent you my p.m., Jahim. I've never participated in a pool before, but I'm bonkers for Big Brother so I'm excited to play!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast