+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Big Brother 16 Pool - The Alliance

Re: Big Brother 16 Pool - The Alliance

I'll give this pool a go too. PMing you my list Jahim.

Less than 8 hours to go
    Last edited by Mreid; 06-25-2014 at 01:11 PM.
    Some call me Malcolm X, Some call me Malcolm In the Middle, But my birth certificate says Malcolm Reid

Alright Sign ups are going to have to end. It's time to get to work. I'll be ready in a few hours and I'll post up all the goodies once I get it all together. Thank you guys for playing and I hope everyone is excited for the results.
    Mreid and white5199 like this.
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Thanks for doing this, Jahim. Hopefully it's not too much work and you still have time to watch and post about the season.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I can't wait for it to start! I want to see who I get for my alliance!
    I am only as strong as the cocktails I drink,
    the hairspray I use, and the friends I have.

The BIG Reveal!

Alright, this is the longest and most involved part of this pool, the rest is totally smooth sailing. I am pleased to have 18 players in my first run on a pool here at the FORT. I really hope that we can do this all again next year! But in the meantime, let's play this season out right? As I started off the thread, this is a pool to celebrate real competitors and survivors in the house. Floating by until you are picked off early isn't going to do well for you as a House Guest and ultimately if that House Guest is on your team it MAY affect your alliance as a whole. Your alliances are not "randomly" selected, but the fact is, this pool is different because you only have an influence on your alliance. Just like the House Guests in the Big Brother house, you don't always get to partner up with who you want. They may be very popular among other House Guests, or in our case players in the pool, and sometimes you got to take who you can get because you need the numbers!

So for each of our 18 players on the pool, you each got 3 House Guests assigned to you. That means 6 of the House Guests are featured 4 times, and each of the other 10 House Guests joined up on 3 teams. I, of course, took your rankings into account. I tried really hard to get everyone 3 of their Top 5, but I will be honest, this season was especially challenging. Many of you have very like-minded thoughts of the house guests as a whole and the reality is many of you chose similarly. I anticipated one House Guest being a big problem (and she was!) but two others also came up because of minimal support among the rankings submitted. So this was not my best work, but I'm not sure what I could have done more. I really did spend about 3 hours moving people around until I finally settled on this list and even still, it's not perfect in my mind but I'm running with it!

So first off, with the Big REVEAL, let's talk House Guests! Who do you think was the highest average ranked House Guest? Think you know?
    Click to see Spoiler:

It's Devin! He averaged a 4.83 ranking, which is VERY low. He did have one 16, but 14 of the 18 players did rank him 6th or higher! Will this season's most popular pull in the points for his alliance? And probably more importantly, who got Devin on their team?
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Hyper, White5199, r2mayb5 and Cootie!

Next up 2nd place was still pretty close to our #1 most popular. This house guest had one person rank him at 12, one at 11, and everyone else in the pool ranked him in at least their top 10. His average was a 5.00 even! Who was it?
    Click to see Spoiler:

Derrick! Have you guys been reading who my favorites were? Just because I like them doesn't score them extra points, promise. Who is Derrick working with for the pool?
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Mreid1472, awesomekina23, carolinamom12 and lilcountriegal! Hope you guys are pleased with him!

Third place is a bit away from the other two. This House Guest I actually thought would have done better based on the response in her thread. This House Guest got a 6.55 average.
    Click to see Spoiler:

#3 is Christine, our head barista in charge! This sweet girl with the tattoos got 4 players who all requested her as their #1 pick!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Dinahann, mreid1472, Awesomekina23, and Arielflies! She was all four of your #1 picks, so I have to assume that is satisfying for you guys.

The fourth place in our glorified popularity contest was actually quite polarizing. To be ranked at 4th, I'm surprised how many of you ranked her in the double digits and she still managed to pull in a 6.88 average. Who was it?
    Click to see Spoiler:

Brittany! I actually liked her, but she probably wouldn't have made my top 3 either. She did get one person's #1 pick, and a few others in various players Top 5's. Who is she working with?
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Ilja's #1 pick, plus JLuvs, Hyper and lilcountriegal each get her on their alliance.

Rounding out the Top 6, and House Guests on 4 alliances, #5 averaged at a 7.5, and #6 at a 7.88. These two certainly surprised me and may or may not get along in the house. We'll have to see.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    -
    Caleb is our #5 and Frankie is the pool's #6. Surprised? I am too.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Caleb is going with Snapit, awesomekina23, pikachu, and Allysense.
    Frankie will be on fanoftheshow, Cootie, lilcountriegal and White5199.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 06-25-2014 at 08:51 PM.

The Houseguests ranked 7, 8, 9 and 10 all averaged in the 8s, which is middle of the road for a 16 House Guest season. These four have had a mixed reaction on the threads for sure, but they averaged out, 8.05, 8.11, 8.44 and 8.83. Who's who?
    Click to see Spoiler:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Zach is joining up with Mreid1472, Arielflies, and Allysense.
    Nicole is Cootie's #1 pick, and also ranked highly with Carolinamom12 and fanoftheshow.
    Cody was White5199's #1 pick and will join up with Junkiegirl and Snapit.
    Donnie was no one's #1 or #2 pick but was middle of the road for many. He was #3 with Snapit, Hyper and PrincessKIM and will join them in their alliance!

The #11 ranked House Guest is one of my picks to win the season! Shame on you all for knocking her. #12 and #13, not as much. They averaged 9.5, 9.55 and 10 respectively. Our #13 was one of my big trouble makers for the pool. She only ranked in two people's Top 5, so I had to make someone unhappy. Sorry ahead of time. Who are these all?
    Click to see Spoiler:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Paola is joining up with pikachu, JLuvs and Ilja. Good choice guys!
    Joey is with PrincessKIM (her #1 pick!), fanoftheshow and Allysense.
    Jocasta gave me a headache. Her and her bowtie were ranked favorably with PrincessKIM and carolinamom12. JLuvs ranked her at #6, so I'm sorry, but I hope you're okay with her!

#14 and #15 ranked House Guests were ranked VERY close. #14 averages at 11.11 and #15 is at 11.16. #14 is my highly publicized problem child, #15 I didn't anticipate, but also had some issues. #16, dead last in popularity, actually had three people rank her at Top 5 so almost no issues there, despite her 11.38 average. Who's the bottom of the barrel in this 100% scientific popularity poll?
    Click to see Spoiler:

Amber was a joke, no one until Junkiegirl joined up, even ranked her Top 5. So she joins her team. She also is going with Ilja who ranked her #6, and r2mayb5 who volunteered her. Thanks for that! Sorry Ilja.
    Hayden actually had one person rank him #2, and was the first person to sign up, so I guess that set my mindset and that was Dinahann. After that, no one ever again ranked him above Top 7! Junkiegirl actually ranked him #7 and Arielflies at #8. I'm sorry guys, but maybe Hayden will surprise us all?
    Finally, Victoria, who didn't give me a single issue at all and actually had options. She only averaged so low because she scored three 16s, three 15s and three 14s. That'll do it I suppose in a game of averages. r2maybs ranked her #2, Dinahann and pikachu ranked her #5 and it worked out.
    [/spoiler]

So are you ready for the Leader Board?
    Click to see Spoiler:

I hope everyone is ultimately happy with their alliance. I wish you all good luck. I will also update everyone's team names on the next update. If we get an actual competition tonight with results we'll get some of our first points!
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 06-25-2014 at 08:51 PM.

Before you post your first results which will not include everyone on the teams of three, would you state with bullets or numbers what points you are attributing to what activity? I need clarity so I know what is happening. Thanks.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Before you post your first results which will not include everyone on the teams of three, would you state with bullets or numbers what points you are attributing to what activity? I need clarity so I know what is happening. Thanks.
    I believe he's going off of this - which was posted in his first post:
    Winning a Head of Household Competition: +40 Points
    Being Nominated for Eviction: +15 Points
    Winning a Have/Have Not Competition: +5 Points
    Winning a Luxury Competition: +15 Points
    Winning a Power of Veto Competition: +25 Points
    Receving the Power of Veto: +10 Points
    Not Using a Power of Veto: -5 points
    Being Evicted or Removed from the House: -15 Points
    Surviving an Eviction: +(2 x [# of Evicted Houseguests]) Points
    Winning an America's Choice: +50 Points
    Winning a Coach's Competition: +20 Points
    Receiving Coach's Immunity: +10 Points
    Being Chosen as America's MVP: +30 Points
    Receiving a Final Juror Vote to Win: +15 Points
    Arielflies and Mreid like this.

Has anyone thought of any team names yet? I have a few in mind but its hard for me to commit to any since no one from my pool entered the house yet.
    Some call me Malcolm X, Some call me Malcolm In the Middle, But my birth certificate says Malcolm Reid

+ Reply to Thread