+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Big Brother 16 Pool - The Alliance

Re: Big Brother 16 Pool - The Alliance

Here is the Memory Wall. I'll be updating this each episode with the HGs scores and update their status in the house as active or evicted.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

Jahim i just sent you my Pool, this is my first time doing this, really excited. Im curious if we all have the same person as #16 lol
    Some call me Malcolm X, Some call me Malcolm In the Middle, But my birth certificate says Malcolm Reid

I like the some of the others have never done this before. I'm curious what we do after we send in our list.
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

Sent mine in. Excited to see how this all works
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Thanks for everyone participating so far. Everyone's lists look good (I mostly look for 16 names, no doubles, etc.). I haven't noticed any specific trends in popularity so far, but I do make a comprehensive post outlining it based on the players that sign up, so you can look forward to that. I always love seeing who are especially popular and unpopular and how they end up turning up by the end. Lydia is a great example, she was super popular pre-show, by the end I think she lost most of her fanbase as a whole.

Snapit, once you submit the list, you just wait until I release all the teams. This pool as a whole is very low maintenance. I strive to get everyone at least 3 of their Top 5 (and ideally Top 3 for Top 3 but that's harder for obvious reasons), but if a HG is particularly unpopular and not enough people even rank him/her high enough, then I have to go beyond and see who ranks the unpopular ones the highest. The more participants, the easier it is for me because it gives me more options to move things around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahim View Post
    Snapit, once you submit the list, you just wait until I release all the teams. This pool as a whole is very low maintenance. I strive to get everyone at least 3 of their Top 5 (and ideally Top 3 for Top 3 but that's harder for obvious reasons), but if a HG is particularly unpopular and not enough people even rank him/her high enough, then I have to go beyond and see who ranks the unpopular ones the highest. The more participants, the easier it is for me because it gives me more options to move things around.
    Okay...I'm in Jahim...sending my list to you!
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

I finally sent you my pool picks Jahim. I think I would have changed them another 10 times if I had not said to myself enough already. I thought I was putting them in favorites order but realized that some of my decisions were based upon who I thought would get kicked out first. If I were smart, I would have totally reversed my order before pming you since that's about how good I am at these kind of pools.

Thanks so much for doing this. I can hardly wait to see who is on my leaderboard.

Edited to add: Thank God for Excel and Sort. I'm such a nerd. I should have put Nicole higher.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

I'm in, too. It was fun to read the profiles and imagine who was going to be able to last in the house. Initially I made a spreadsheet and gave each person a 1, an 8 or a 16. Then I narrowed down the 1's into 1-7, etc. It made it much easier to come up with a complete list. And I have to confess that I just randomly sorted a few of those lists once I had done the preliminary scores. This pool will make following this season of Big Brother even more interesting.

If any of you are planning to join the pool, this is a good day to send Jahim your list!

Here's a list to keep handy when you do your sorting:
    Amber Borzotra, 26 Hometown: Knoxville, Tenn. Current City: North Hollywood, Calif. Occupation: Esthetician
    Brittany Martinez, 29 Hometown: Long Beach, Calif. Current City: Torrance, Calif. Occupation: Event Coordinator
    Caleb Reynolds, 26 Hometown: Dallas, Texas Current City: Hopkinsville, Ky. Occupation: Adventure Hunting Guide
    Christine Brecht, 23 Hometown: Tucson, Ariz. Current City: Tucson, Ariz. Occupation: Barista
    Cody Calafiore, 23 Hometown: Hackensack, N.J. Current City: Howell, N.J. Occupation: Sales Account Executive
    Derrick Levasseur, 30 Hometown: Providence, R.I. Current City: Providence, R.I. Occupation: Police Sergeant
    Devin Shepherd, 26 Hometown: Santa Barbara, Calif. Current City: San Antonio, Texas Occupation: Former Professional Baseball Player / Motorcycle Sales Manager
    Donny Thompson, 42 Hometown: Albemarle, N.C. Current City: Albemarle, N.C. Occupation: School Groundskeeper
    Frankie Grande, 31 Hometown: Boca Raton, Fla. Current City: New York, N.Y. Occupation: YouTube Personality
    Hayden Voss, 21 Hometown: Marlborough, Mass. Current City: Long Beach, Calif. Occupation: Pedicab Driver
    Jocasta Odom, 33 Hometown: Griffin, Ga. Current City: Lovejoy, Ga. Occupation: Minister
    Joey Van Pelt, 27 Hometown: Seattle, Wash. Current City: Seattle, Wash. Occupation: Makeup Artist
    Nicole Franzel, 21 Hometown: Ubly, Mich. Current City: Ubly, Mich. Occupation: Recent Nursing Graduate
    Paola Shea, 27 Hometown: East Hampton, Conn. Current City: Astoria, N.Y. Occupation: DJ
    Victoria Rafaeli, 22 Hometown: Brooklyn, N.Y. and Holon, Israel Current City: Weston, Fla. Occupation: Photographer
    Zach Rance, 23 Hometown: Palm Beach, Fla. Current City: Palm Beach, Fla. Occupation: Recent College Graduate
    Last edited by Cootie; 06-22-2014 at 12:31 PM.

Thanks for the list Cootie. Cut/Paste works well with it, then you know you never double someone up (and inherently drop another off). I am happy to report we're up to 10 players so far. So I don't have to go profile to profile begging to at least have enough players to make the game minimally work. I really would love even more people to sign up however. The more people who sign up, the easier everything is to put together. Also, if anyone wants to play and maybe isn't interested in a ranking list, you can just roll the dice and take on the unpopulars/a random selection and that's fine by me too.
    Dinahann likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'll post my picks here in case your pm box is full. In order of most wanted to least wanted. This is kind of random. I didn't read their bios, just went by first impressions from their photos.

1. Devin
    2. Paola
    3. Caleb
    4. Brittany
    5. Victoria
    6. Cody
    7. Zach
    8. Amber
    9. Derrick
    10. Nicole
    11. Jocasta
    12. Joey
    13. Hayden
    14. Christine
    15. Donnie
    16. Frankie

I know we don't need a pool team name but I'm going to call my alliance Pikachu's Slumber Party.
    Last edited by pikachu; 06-23-2014 at 09:18 AM.
    rob99 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread