Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: McCrae Olson - BB15

Re: McCrae Olson - BB15

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    How can a self-professed BB fan not know

YOU. ALWAYS. THROW. THE. FIRST. HOH.

?

I admit I'm lost here. Clearly, everyone can't throw the first HOH, else there would be none. Or, is it just a matter of who attempts to throw it last? My remote goes to this show only when something else is on a commerical break and so I can stay moderately in touch to know who is who so I can understand what everyone's talking about.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    How can a self-professed BB fan not know

YOU. ALWAYS. THROW. THE. FIRST. HOH. COMP.

?

I don't know that this rule applies this season. With the extra nominee thrown in, you want to protect yourself as much as possible. Winning the first HOH helps to insert you into the conversations and strengthen your relationships with the other hamsters.
    Arielflies, scoot13 and imissme like this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I admit I'm lost here. Clearly, everyone can't throw the first HOH, else there would be none. Or, is it just a matter of who attempts to throw it last? My remote goes to this show only when something else is on a commerical break and so I can stay moderately in touch to know who is who so I can understand what everyone's talking about.
    Generally, you leave the first HOH to the recruits who are only familiar with the show via the season(s) CBS gave them on DVD.
    "Nina, have you ever been in a thunderdome?"

Ace

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I don't know that this rule applies this season. With the extra nominee thrown in, you want to protect yourself as much as possible. Winning the first HOH helps to insert you into the conversations and strengthen your relationships with the other hamsters.
    Good point.
    "Nina, have you ever been in a thunderdome?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I think McCrae made the right choice though--he's such an odd looking duck that he might be an easy first vote out---not someone all the hot young things would normally bond with--but if he's HoH people have to get to know him, so he as a chance.
    beerbelly, tapper01 and imissme like this.

I liked McCrae and I thought it was the right move for him not to throw the first HoH like most players choose to do, but I'm kind of disappointed in what he's done this week. It doesn't seem like he's able to keep his cool under pressure. He was extremely awkward when Candice came to talk to him about her nomination, then he blurted to Amanda that Elissa was MVP, and then blurted to Elissa that he told Amanda. That was stupid.

And if he has really decided he wants David to go home, it makes no sense to nominate the biggest target in the house, Elissa, to sit beside him. It'll be interesting to see if the Moving Company has enough control over the house to send David home, or if everyone else's dislike/distrust of Elissa will override the Moving Company's influence.
    DARtheSTAR, Arielflies and ilja like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Does McCrae always just sit there and drawl out a slow "nyeah" when somebody is talking to him? A person who does that is not really listening to what is being said; they are planning what THEY want to say next. McCrae reminds me of a sloth. He seldom moves, picks at himself, and sits in a rather fetal position. He is about as gross as a man comes.
    nanaslbkp likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

What a boring sloth this guy is, I thought he was so cute when BB started, now( shudder) I agree with GM, he's dirty
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234