+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree231Likes

Thread: Big Brother 15 - News & Speculation (premieres June 26th)

Re: Big Brother 15 - News & Speculation (premieres June 26th)

I hope not. If they want to do an All-Stars they should have an extra, shorter season in the fall or spring. Leave the main summer season for new players. I can't stand what Jeff Probst has done to Survivor, and it's slowly infecting BB as well.

I can see some players going back to Survivor since it's a bigger physical challenge and it only lasts 4-5 weeks, but what sane person would keep wanting to sit in a house for 3 months, three or four times? That's giving up a large chunk of your life to play a slow-moving game and maybe (if you're lucky and not a creep) to become a D-celebrity.
    Punkin, waywyrd, JohnnyK and 1 others like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

The same blogger Rick Murphy tweeted that Media Day will be June 10th (when a dozen press people enter the house and play for a day).

If it's going to follow previous seasons, this means that the cast will be sequestered the following week, and enter the house a few days after that. House pics, cast interviews and such should probably start appearing around the 16th or so?

ETA: TVGrapevine posted a story saying that we will have all-new HGs this season, and that they received a leak that the house has undergone a big makeover. We shall see...
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 05-24-2013 at 11:32 AM.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Re the house...You really can't reconfigure the floor plan too much because of camera positioning, etc. but I wonder what the theme will be this year. Then again, BIG makeover usually implies that walls are coming down.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

True, plus that house is packed into the studio lot, there's not a lot of breathing room for expansion.

I'm thinking that if the HD rumor is finally true, they are giving the house a huge cosmetic makeover so it won't look so cheap and tacky anymore, lol.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

What I want? What I really, really want? Well, all newbies of course, that's Big! Wasn't expecting that.

But, if CBS is taking over the "live feeds", I hope that somewhere in their vast empire is a clever little intern that they could put in charge of those endless hours of "FOTH", or now of fishies with stupid old Quiz questions that repeat endlessly ad infinitum. I haven't a single idea or suggestion, but then, I'm not in the "clever" business. I'm in the business of being entertained and I should think that CBS would have to be aware of all the complaints from subscribers about how insidiously banal those "intermissions" are for those waiting for the action to resume.

Any ideas? Not that they'd listen. Wouldn't it be weird if they came up with something entertaining all by themselves without being poked and prodded into actually entertaining their paid subscribers? Yeah, too weird. Never happen.
    lilcountriegal likes this.

I have one idea -- show clips from past seasons during FOTH times.

i'm sure there are lots of issues -- do they still have the rights; if they offer a record function on the feed cams, would they not want clips recorded; could there be a way they stream the clips without them ending up in Flashback (if they still offer it); etc.

But it would still be cool.
    Punkin and dagwood like this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I'm wondering how much they'll charge and how they will process money. I don't do Pay Pal, so I hope I can use my credit card.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fanatic

Less than one month now! Oh, the glory of watching tomorrows cinematic stars on their journey to stardom! Oh, wait, these are just hamsters in a cage.
    Punkin and Hyper like this.

hello all.

i just come out of hibernation

is it true that we get all newbies?

no jessie or rehashes?
    Punkin likes this.

The 'legendary' internet handle CornerOffice has resurfaced, this year on Twitter -- in the past, it was a good source of pre-season BB info, although it hasn't been as consistent in recent years -- mostly there have been a lot of fake accounts popping up. Here's CO's opening bids from today:

@CornerOffice15x - 1h
    Cast hasn't been chosen yet. Finals underway. Get ready future house guests, you're in for a "hell" of a ride. #BB15

@CornerOffice15x - 1h
    It's been a long, cold winter and Big Brother is angry. Talk to you all mid June. #BB15

@CornerOffice15x - 1h
    Oh, and the #CBSBigBrother house has not been given a major revamp, but it will be seen in crystal clear HD for the first time. #BB15

So, another (unconfirmed) source claiming we will finally be getting HD this year. Also, some possible hints about the new theme ("hell", "BB is angry"). Stay tuned.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 05-28-2013 at 09:55 PM.
    waywyrd likes this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread