+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Brendon and Rachel's Wedding

Brendon and Rachel's Wedding

Showing tonight at 9 pm EST on the WE channel. Drama, sequins, and past BB houseguests....should be fun!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Re: Brendon and Rachel's Wedding

Waiting patiently for the reports....................... ....
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Rachel is over the top annoying and it's only 12 minutes in.

I feel for poor David. And Brendon isn't getting a say in anything.

David said her hair extensions looked like a rat's nest. And they do!

She picked a floor length, white sequined evening gown, which has at least a speck of class. The first one she tried on just barely covered her butt.

Rachel's mom and sister are trying to draw all the attention to themselves. Now I know where Rachel gets it from...

Several past BB people are there.
    Moontat likes this.

Saw Matt, Lydia, Sheila, Chelsia, Lawon, Jeff and Jordan, and Bopper from TAR.

So the show ended with a drunken, messy-looking Rachel being pulled out from under the bar by Brendon's sister, who carried her off away from the cameras. Brendon was nowhere to be seen. What a trainwreck.

It's about to start here and I can't wait.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Saw Matt, Lydia, Sheila, Chelsia, Lawon, Jeff and Jordan, and Bopper from TAR.

So the show ended with a drunken, messy-looking Rachel being pulled out from under the bar by Brendon's sister, who carried her off away from the cameras. Brendon was nowhere to be seen. What a trainwreck.
    Oh goodness, glad I missed it ( shudder)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

My recording cut off with Rachel curled up in a fetal position under the bar. From previews we see her being carried off in a fireman's hold. Anyway, I'm so glad I didn't make that large bowl of popcorn because I would have a stomach ache by now.

As David, the wedding planner, exclaimed, "Rachel is cray! cray!" But, then her mother and sister enter the scene and you see that the apple didn't fall far from the tree. Brendon just rolled with the punches as any man wanting to husband Rachel would have to do.

The actual ceremony (after you get through the Bridezilla tug of war with the planner) was lovely in silvers, whites and blues. She does arrive at the tall building wedding venue in a helicopter and the exchange of vows was touching. They perform an under-rehearsed latin type dance for the crowd at the reception and as David comments, "Rachel is just not graceful." It is after Brendon worries about Rachel drinking without food on her stomach, "She is a light weight drunk," that she ends up curled under the bar.

Rachel to David...my favorite color is sparkle and sequins. It is at that point that he nearly faints. If it wasn't for his droll commentary throughout, the frantic bi-polar pace of the show would have been even more over the top than it was. At least it is over...they (per Rachel) can now have married sex. Hopefully Mother Reilly has crawled back under her rock in NC. I'm sure that at least Brendon hopes this to be the case.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

I always think the best part of any episode of this show is David's commentary. You can see how hard he generally tries to be polite in actual conversations with the brides while his interior monologue, which he voices later in the commentary, runs along the lines of, "You've got to be kidding me." You could tell things were bad with Rachel and her entourage when David was...well, not outright rude, but less polite than normal. And I knew he was in for a shock when he admitted at the beginning of the show that he had never seen BB or AR. If he had, he might not have been so outright astonished at finding Rachel in her customary position at the end of the wedding--curled under something in a fetal position crying. I did notice, however, that even when her sister-in-law was trying to get them to turn off the cameras, drunken Rachel was saying, "No, no, it's fine," and when her sister-in-law picked her up and carried her off over her shoulder, Rachel made sure to smile at the camera the whole time. Makes me wonder if she was really as drunk as everyone thought, or if she's been in front of cameras so much now that she just automatically finds the camera and smiles, no matter what the situation.

David did do a pretty job with the decorations at the wedding and dealt as well as he could with Rachel's sequin/sparkle obsession for her bridal gown, but the dance--which he really wanted to see a final rehearsal of so he could approve it (they refused)--was the disaster he declared it to be, particularly when Rachel was being flipped by Brendon so that you could see her sequined panties. With that short full dress and the sequined panties, she somehow managed to look like both a toddler and a stripper. It was just bizarre. Picture a really awkward, sparkly version of Marie Osmond's Doll Dance freestyle from DWTS that went on and on and on. And if Brendon was worried about her drinking too much, he should have asked his sister--who was obviously strong enough to toss Rachel over her shoulder--to keep her from drinking from the moment she got there, because the champagne was flowing while she was getting her hair and make-up done too.

I agree about her sister and mother...boy, you can sure see where Rachel gets her self-obsession. I also noticed that Brendon said her mother was so much easier to deal with when she stayed in North Carolina. I can't imagine a holiday situation with that crowd, especially anything that involved gifts and the comparison thereof. Nightmarish wouldn't begin to describe it.

Oh, yeah, and at the very end, when Rachel was drunkenly apologizing to David for ruining "his" wedding, she asked where her fiance was. Fiance? Wouldn't you think she'd have said groom or husband? Was she so trashed she forgot she got married? Obviously she forgot all the whining she did on BB All-Stars, when she wanted to win to pay for her massive wedding, since clearly David Tutera and his show paid for it instead.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast