+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: 9/19 FINALE Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 9/19 FINALE Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70 View Post
    This is exactly what my family discussed the night of the finale. Dan "overplayed" the game. He made for an exciting season of tv watching, however, his moves were over the top. He could have gotten to the end, doing the same moves, without the ruthlessness. He used a machete where a fine hunting knife would have done. His game could have been cleaner. Eventhough we all really loved Dan in his winning season, and still like the guy.... this gameplay is not winning gameplay. Afterall, bitter or not, people have emotions and you have to account for that in the end game.
    I agree, Dan overplayed the game: he was too ruthless. Dan overdid it: he played with people's emotions... Dan was especially cruel to Frank, Shane, and Danielle.
    Allie and ilja like this.

I think its okay to say, if we didn't like the swearing on the bible For me, it wasn't up for debate, it still isn't.I didn't like it

As for Dan , so he had a bitter jury no biggie. he wasn't the first. If he was so wonderful he should have known those he sent out that door might be bitter

WTG Ian!! He won HOH, he made his moves and even with his ADD I loved him. Luck? everyone has luck, Dan was lucky he had Danielle, because without her he would be long gone.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 09-21-2012 at 03:37 PM.
    Allie, tabandmike, ilja and 1 others like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think its okay to say, if we didn't like the swearing on the bible For me, it wasn't up for debate, it still isn't.I didn't like it

As for Dan , so he had a bitter jury no biggie. he wasn't the first. If he was so wonderful he should have known those he sent out that door might be bitter

WTG Ian!! He won HOH, he made his moves an even with his ADD I loved him. Luck? everyone has luck, Dan was lucky he had Danielle, because without her he would be long gone.
    I think all that "mist" aka his ego... got to Dan... he just wasn't think straight.
    Allie and bachelorwatcher like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    He is blinded by his own "mist"...
    This is true! (Dan is his own worst enemy).
    Allie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    I think all that "mist" aka his ego... got to Dan... he just wasn't think straight.
    Dan does have a big ego, and it got in the way of his thinking, his strategizing.
    Allie likes this.

I thought Dan looked disappointed/hopeful as he strained to read the America's Choice over Julie's shoulder.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I thought Dan's game play was amazing even if it was distasteful to the others. He did what he felt was needed to get to the top two.
    I really think he should have won for that reason but since he had won before, got $50K this time, I wasn't upset about his place as #2. Ian played extremely well also and I'm happy he won.
    And how great was it to watch that very young (real age and maturity) to change and grow just during these weeks? It did wonders for his social skills and maturity level.
    I think he's going to be very good looking someday when he fills out, ages, etc.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Danielle is about the biggest r***** to play the game. Despite all Dan did to her throughout the game, she still voted for him in the end. Pathetic. Thank goodness she didn't make final two. She did nothing but ride Dan's coattails all the way to the end.

I thought it was totally stupid of Ian and Danielle to throw parts of the last HOH challenge because Dan asked them to. Ian is lucky that didn't come back to bite him on the butt.
    It's mindboggling that Danielle didn't have ANY strategy for working with Ian! SHE HAD PERFECT AMMUNITION: Dan was doing hard campaigning to evict Ian-- but, then Ian scored the Veto. All Danielle had to do was convincingly reveal this to Ian, and Ian might've backed out of "Renegades" and preferred her. (Sure, we now know going F2 with Dan is a sure win for Ian, but the reason Ian took Dan was, foolishly, loyalty to Renegades, not whether or not Dan or Danielle would give him the win.)

But what was brilliant about Dan is, he managed to have solid F2 deals with each, AND he managed to someone how isolate the other two so they (Ian & Dani) didn't have a F2 deal and, in fact, hated each other. (He seeded Dani with the idea that Ian had intellectual contempt for Dani. He seeded Ian with the idea that Dani was an idiot and blinded Ian with the "Renegades" fantasy-- Ian was such a BB super-fan and awed by actually being in an alliance with Dan, A Legend.)

How Dan convinced them BOTH to throw the final comp, I do not understand. They both had incredibly weak egos? Jedi mind tricks? I mean, his reasoning made no sense. His logic was basically "I (Dan) am a weak player. I won't win. You have to throw it for me, or I won't win." I'd be like: um, how does your being weak mean that I have to endanger my chances of getting to F2?

It's the same wierd logic that worked when Dan asked Dani to give him the Veto to take him off the block and put Shane up. His logic was essentially: "I don't trust you. Put me in a position where you have to trust me." It was just amazing how he always imposed his will on these weaker players and they never realized how one-sided his alliances were.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 09-22-2012 at 08:57 AM. Reason: bad word
    NCLurker and ilja like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by petzl View Post
    It's mindboggling that Danielle didn't have ANY strategy for working with Ian! SHE HAD PERFECT AMMUNITION: Dan was doing hard campaigning to evict Ian-- but, then Ian scored the Veto. All Danielle had to do was convincingly reveal this to Ian, and Ian might've backed out of "Renegades" and preferred her. (Sure, we now know going F2 with Dan is a sure win for Ian, but the reason Ian took Dan was, foolishly, loyalty to Renegades, not whether or not Dan or Danielle would give him the win.) But what was brilliant about Dan is, he managed to have solid F2 deals with each, AND he managed to someone how isolate the other two so they (Ian & Dani) didn't have a F2 deal and, in fact, hated each other. (He seeded Dani with the idea that Ian had intellectual contempt for Dani. He seeded Ian with the idea that Dani was an idiot and blinded Ian with the "Renegades" fantasy-- Ian was such a BB super-fan and awed by actually being in an alliance with Dan, A Legend.) How Dan convinced them BOTH to throw the final comp, I do not understand. They both had incredibly weak egos? Jedi mind tricks? I mean, his reasoning made no sense. His logic was basically "I (Dan) am a weak player. I won't win. You have to throw it for me, or I won't win." I'd be like: um, how does your being weak mean that I have to endanger my chances of getting to F2? It's the same wierd logic that worked when Dan asked Dani to give him the Veto to take him off the block and put Shane up. His logic was essentially: "I don't trust you. Put me in a position where you have to trust me." It was just amazing how he always imposed his will on these weaker players and they never realized how one-sided his alliances were.
    Ian thought he was a Renegade; he thought he was in the Quack Pack; he thought he was this season's Memphis... but at least this season ended up right, and Ian won! Did Dan ever read the bible while he was in the house; or did he bring the bible into the house for the purpose of trying to help him win money? I really wonder about Dan... using the bible for making money, and lying nonstop to Danielle. Does he feel any guilt about turning Danielle into an emotional wreck... or does he just coldy resume his life... after all, Big Brother was just a game to him, and he checked his morals at the door when he entered the house.
    Allie likes this.

I like how Ian said to Dan when Dan hinted at throwing the 3rd part how he was not going to throw it. I think he said he wanted his fate in his own hands? I have also read one interview where Dan said he did throw it, but several to where he said he did not. The mist didn't work at the very end, lol.
    bachelorwatcher likes this.

+ Reply to Thread