+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 86
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: 9/19 FINALE Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

  1. #51
    FORT Fan paleramon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    223

    Re: 9/19 FINALE Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I think the jury members were understandably angry and upset... and they reacted/voted logically. Frank said that Dan crossed the line when he swore on the bible... so Frank likely spent a lot of time in the jury house complaining about what Dan did to him. Shane was blindsided by Dan, so he likely spent a lot of time trying to convince jury members to vote against Dan. Dan crossed the line several times: he went too far: he didn't finesse the other houseguests with strategic, clever gameplay. Dan was just plain ruthless. If Dan hadn't sworn on the bible to Frank for example, Frank might have gone along with Dan's plan anyway, and might not have ended up angry at Dan. Dan should have reined his ruthless gameplay in: Dan should have held back. Maybe Frank would have gone along with Dan's plan without the swearing on the bible, or maybe not... but the swearing on the bible led to Frank carrying those feelings into the jury house to all of the other jury members. Dan's ruthless gameplay led to a temporary reprieve for him... but that same ruthless gameplay also led to animosity and hostility concerning the voting.
    Totally agree with everything you wrote. Still I just feel Janelle is right in the end---for the great players it's about the game and only the game. No matter what. Evil Dick was a very effective jerk.

  2. #52
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,342

    Re: 9/19 FINALE Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by paleramon View Post
    Totally agree with everything you wrote. Still I just feel Janelle is right in the end---for the great players it's about the game and only the game. No matter what. Evil Dick was a very effective jerk.
    I stopped watching during Evel Dick's season when he woke people up by banging pots and pans... I wasn't interested. By contrast, when Dan lied on the bible, I was so shocked, that I made sure that I watched every second of every show. Dan was really off this season. For example, while Frank was voting, Dan said "preesh." Why would Dan think that Frank would vote for him? Frank wasn't impressed by how Dan "cleverly" got him out of the house. Dan blundered through the season by using/abusing houseguest's weaknesses. Dan went too far this season... jury members were angry at his gameplay, and not dazzled by it. Since the jury was angry at Dan, his gameplay wasn't good.
    tabandmike likes this.

  3. #53
    RENThead JLuvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Commuting for Work
    Posts
    6,272
    Quote Originally Posted by brycola View Post
    "If the goal to win is get to final 2 with everyone liking you in order to win...well then I don't think any prior winner has actually done that with the jury as a whole"

    Who said anything about being LIKED in the final two? I said it's the goal to be in the final two and not HATED. Pretty much everyone on the jury hated Dan...even the dummy that voted for him..
    A few posters did and said that was reason Dan hadn't won. I agree it not necessarily true, but that is what I was writing in response to.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

  4. #54
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,145

    Re: 9/19 FINALE Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I think the jury members were understandably angry and upset... and they reacted/voted logically. Frank said that Dan crossed the line when he swore on the bible... so Frank likely spent a lot of time in the jury house complaining about what Dan did to him. Shane was blindsided by Dan, so he likely spent a lot of time trying to convince jury members to vote against Dan. Dan crossed the line several times: he went too far: he didn't finesse the other houseguests with strategic, clever gameplay. Dan was just plain ruthless. If Dan hadn't sworn on the bible to Frank for example, Frank might have gone along with Dan's plan anyway, and might not have ended up angry at Dan. Dan should have reined his ruthless gameplay in: Dan should have held back. Maybe Frank would have gone along with Dan's plan without the swearing on the bible, or maybe not... but the swearing on the bible led to Frank carrying those feelings into the jury house to all of the other jury members. Dan's ruthless gameplay led to a temporary reprieve for him... but that same ruthless gameplay also led to animosity and hostility concerning the voting.
    I've wondered though if he really played this way so he could enjoy playing the bad guy knowing that most likely if he played his nicer game last go he'd been eliminated early because he was a threat (well, once he was allowed in the game)?

    Because in a way, I wonder if he knew that no matter how he played he wouldn't win the $500,000 because he was a past winner and therefore, why NOT have fun with it and try to become the first houseguest to stay in the house for the full season twice?

    Personally, I think he'd lost to anyone in the final two save possibly Dani and then Boogie - but here only because Boogie played a more ruthless game and was ugly to people. But this scenario - Dan and Boogie - one would be a repeat winner so the "He's already won" point would've been thrown out.

  5. #55
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    peaceful north
    Posts
    582

    Re: 9/19 FINALE Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Dan went too far this season... jury members were angry at his gameplay, and not dazzled by it. Since the jury was angry at Dan, his gameplay wasn't good.
    This is exactly what my family discussed the night of the finale. Dan "overplayed" the game. He made for an exciting season of tv watching, however, his moves were over the top. He could have gotten to the end, doing the same moves, without the ruthlessness. He used a machete where a fine hunting knife would have done. His game could have been cleaner. Eventhough we all really loved Dan in his winning season, and still like the guy.... this gameplay is not winning gameplay. Afterall, bitter or not, people have emotions and you have to account for that in the end game.

  6. #56
    Just Left of Reality tbamom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    1,826

    Re: 9/19 FINALE Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    is there anywhere to see the remaining votes?
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

  7. #57
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    68

    Re: 9/19 FINALE Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    is there anywhere to see the remaining votes?
    It was 6-1 for Ian; Danielle cast the only vote for Dan.

  8. #58
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,258

    Re: 9/19 FINALE Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    is there anywhere to see the remaining votes?
    Where have to been TBA. 6-1 for Ian. The dingbat Danielle voted for Dan .On the The Talk she still looked really Po'd
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  9. #59
    Just Left of Reality tbamom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    1,826

    Re: 9/19 FINALE Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Thanks, friends....daughter has used up almost all of our allotted bandwidth for the month so I am on Internet light until the 24th I only watched the finale today and had managed to keep myself unspoiled. See you all over in Survivor (loving it so far)
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

  10. #60
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,258

    Re: 9/19 FINALE Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Thanks, friends....daughter has used up almost all of our allotted bandwidth for the month so I am on Internet light until the 24th I only watched the finale today and had managed to keep myself unspoiled. See you all over in Survivor (loving it so far)
    We will see you there( survivor)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.