+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: 9/19 FINALE Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 9/19 FINALE Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I stated a week or so ago now that Dan not getting rid of Ian when he had the chance would be his biggest mistake, that he would not be able to beat Ian in a F2 showdown. He should have kept Shane. Oh well. I have to say that with all of Dan's great playing (and he did play so well) he really came off looking like an arse last night. At least it was an interesting season!
    cablejockey likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    If you wish to see post show interviews - all of Jeff's back yard interviews for CBS are posted and ready to view.

Today (Thursday) he is going to interview the Final Three in the studio. I don't know when that will be available, but if you're interested, like me, keep checking.
    Arielflies do you mean here on this site or on the CBS site? I have been looking here and can't seem to find anything. Thank you.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

On the CBS site. I have been checking their videos for BB and don't see the in studio interviews yet. Jeff did say to Ian and Danielle last night in the yard that there would be studio interviews today. Maybe they will go up later, or maybe they got cancelled. But, the final three were at CBS for the appearance at The Talk, so who knows.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    On the CBS site. I have been checking their videos for BB and don't see the in studio interviews yet. Jeff did say to Ian and Danielle last night in the yard that there would be studio interviews today. Maybe they will go up later, or maybe they got cancelled. But, the final three were at CBS for the appearance at The Talk, so who knows.
    Thanks so much. I thought you had put them on here (my bad) and was going crazy searching. I will check the CBS site.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Glad you are happy, Jacee. I think you're the only one happy with both wins!
    Actually I'm happy with it too. Frank had to play the whole time he was in there. He never got to coast. He was what sports people would call a gamer or a baller. He goes hard all the time and it got him pretty far. The guy was on the block 6 times and still managed to make jury and outlast 2 coaches.

As far as Ian goes, I don't mind him winning. I do think Dan deserved it more, but Dan definitely played a bit more sloppy and loose this time. He wasn't the same Dan from season 10. I still love him and would have been elated if he'd won. But Ian was a good one too. I always thought Ian, Boogie, Frank, and Dan should have formed a super alliance. They'd have owned the house. That was my dream alliance this season.

The one mistake Ian made IMO is putting his alliance before his game. He should have been willing to take out Shane when Joe left or when Jenn left. Of course with Jenn it wasn't an option since Shane won veto, but he wouldn't even entertain the possibility before the veto. He was so obsessed with an all quack pack final 4 that it nearly cost him the game.

Dan also blew it in the jury speech. He should have pointed out that Ian wouldn't have been sitting there if he hadn't been willing to get Shane out. It's a very valid point that he completely missed because he was so desperate in his answer and speech. Of course, I will also blame that on the new format. They should have had jury Q&A before the live finale like Survivor. If he'd had time, I think he'd have done better and maybe swayed more jurors.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigsqueeze View Post
    Two words refute your theory: Evil Dick!!
    And two more: Doctor Will. Everybody hated him except for Chilltown. Everyone wanted him gone but he won. Of course, he did take the second most hated HG along with him, but I think only Monica and Hardy could have beaten him.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Didn't work out too well did it? we never know what is personal to one player and not another. Plus Dan never took the time to find out..I wonder what Zingbot would say right now?
    Actually, I think Dad did take that time, that's why he was so good at convincing them....Bible for grace saying Frank, family cross for family oriented Ian, etc.

Of course that backfires later, as we've seen.

Actually, I think Dad did take that time, that's why he was so good at convincing them....Bible for grace saying Frank, family cross for family oriented Ian, etc.

Of course that backfires later, as we've seen.
    He just pulled out anything that meant something to him personally and hoped it would to a player( any player)

heck even Boogie read the bible

I dont buy what Dan sells , including that darned mist
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Janelle was right--This was a travesty and all them guys were voting petty. When these people get slam played by a better player (Dan) they always retreat to the "ethical high ground" defense. "I would never do such a thing!" As if they could. Jenn gets picked up like trash by Frank who needs anyone at that point, wins head of household, doesn't even make her own nominees and vetoes and she gets in the diary room thinking she's Al Capone. Dan wasn't mean. Dan didn't yell at Boogie or Frank. He didn't threaten to beat up Joe. He would have got Danielle the 50k. Most of them are delusional thinking they had the game to win this thing---so they dump their denial on Dan who played like MJ in the flu game.

I'm glad Frank got paid.
    Moontat, Dragonlady and AcookerTV like this.

FORT Fogey

I think the jury members were understandably angry and upset... and they reacted/voted logically. Frank said that Dan crossed the line when he swore on the bible... so Frank likely spent a lot of time in the jury house complaining about what Dan did to him. Shane was blindsided by Dan, so he likely spent a lot of time trying to convince jury members to vote against Dan. Dan crossed the line several times: he went too far: he didn't finesse the other houseguests with strategic, clever gameplay. Dan was just plain ruthless. If Dan hadn't sworn on the bible to Frank for example, Frank might have gone along with Dan's plan anyway, and might not have ended up angry at Dan. Dan should have reined his ruthless gameplay in: Dan should have held back. Maybe Frank would have gone along with Dan's plan without the swearing on the bible, or maybe not... but the swearing on the bible led to Frank carrying those feelings into the jury house to all of the other jury members. Dan's ruthless gameplay led to a temporary reprieve for him... but that same ruthless gameplay also led to animosity and hostility concerning the voting.
    tabandmike and ilja like this.

+ Reply to Thread