+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: 9/19 FINALE Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 9/19 FINALE Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Dan crossed many personal lines (bible, wife & kid, grand-cross.) Was it necessary to make people trust him? We will never know.

The complains of a bitter jury who took things personal is a valid one. Dan was playing on people's personal believe systems too. If he swear on the bible for someone who sees this act as a very deep and personal thing, don't expect that person to laugh it off later on and give you the win.

If you wish to see post show interviews - all of Jeff's back yard interviews for CBS are posted and ready to view.

Today (Thursday) he is going to interview the Final Three in the studio. I don't know when that will be available, but if you're interested, like me, keep checking.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

exactly! i've been pulling for ian the whole season . . . . and wondering why the heck danielle was still there the whole season. she has to be one of the biggest idiots to ever play the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I voted for Frank. To me he was the most interesting person in the house. Wouldnt have been the same without him.

Dan had no shot against Ian in the finals and he knew it. His only shot was beating Ian in the final HOH and taking Danielle who has been useless this whole game.
    Allie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb View Post
    Dan crossed many personal lines (bible, wife & kid, grand-cross.) Was it necessary to make people trust him? We will never know.

The complains of a bitter jury who took things personal is a valid one. Dan was playing on people's personal believe systems too. If he swear on the bible for someone who sees this act as a very deep and personal thing, don't expect that person to laugh it off later on and give you the win.
    Dantrb: You put into words exactly how I felt when some say Dan was just playing a game, hgs shouldnt have taken it so seriously, and why are they so bitter! Dan knew that those particular swears(on wife, family, grandfather's cross) would be that extra edge that would persuade his targets.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    Dantrb: You put into words exactly how I felt when some say Dan was just playing a game, hgs shouldnt have taken it so seriously, and why are they so bitter! Dan knew that those particular swears(on wife, family, grandfather's cross) would be that extra edge that would persuade his targets.
    Last night Dan said something like "I leave my morals at the door and pick them up on the way out again", and I think that is brilliant and a good answer. Too bad he felt he could get away violating Biblical, family, and what most "dumb, bitter" people sees as tenets of trust.

I guess the Jury also left their everyday-personal feelings at the door, picked them up on the way out, and voted accordingly outside the house

FORT Regular

"If the goal to win is get to final 2 with everyone liking you in order to win...well then I don't think any prior winner has actually done that with the jury as a whole"

Who said anything about being LIKED in the final two? I said it's the goal to be in the final two and not HATED. Pretty much everyone on the jury hated Dan...even the dummy that voted for him.

And Evil Dick may be an exception...BUT...both of the final two that year were hated...him and his daughter. The jury had to vote for someone.
    KareyR2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    Didn't work out too well did it? we never know what is personal to one player and not another. Plus Dan never took the time to find out..I wonder what Zingbot would say right now?
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Dan was going out the door with zero prize money when Frank was HOH and he was put into isolation. That's when he really started playing the cutthroat game. Had he not made the swears the offended people starting at that point, he would have been stuck in the jury house, away from his wife, without making any prize money. By turning to play the game he did, he walked away with $50,000. Had he won the final HOH and taken Danielle, he may have had a chance at $500,000. But if he had drawn the line and played the nicer game to avoid playing the jury, he would have been a member of the jury.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Dan was going out the door with zero prize money when Frank was HOH and he was put into isolation. That's when he really started playing the cutthroat game. Had he not made the swears the offended people starting at that point, he would have been stuck in the jury house, away from his wife, without making any prize money. By turning to play the game he did, he walked away with $50,000. Had he won the final HOH and taken Danielle, he may have had a chance at $500,000. But if he had drawn the line and played the nicer game to avoid playing the jury, he would have been a member of the jury.
    Good for him then if he was playing for second place all the time.

People who are angry that he lost should remember that the jury have every right to vote however they choose and it is up to Dan to obtain their vote, not the other way around. You can't use the social aspect of the game to your benefit, and complain when it goes against you.
    Allie, scoot13, Dragonlady and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb View Post

People who are angry that he lost should remember that the jury have every right to vote however they choose and it is up to Dan to obtain their vote, not the other way around. You can't use the social aspect of the game to your benefit, and complain when it goes against you.
    Exactly !
    Allie, scoot13 and Jaceegirl like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread