+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: 9/19 FINALE Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 9/19 FINALE Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Ian played a good game, he won comps, he was well-liked by the group; however, Dan played a GREAT game. He convinced THREE people to take him (or his allies) off the block which aided Ian's game. I always chuckle at how people in an alliance have hard feelings when the alliance starts to eat itself (e.g. Shane)--there can only be ONE winner!! Dan still made BB history--he played the game twice and was NEVER evicted. Put him in the HOF!!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy View Post
    I find this an odd idea because what conclusion can we draw from it? That Dan could have won if he played an inferior game? I don't buy that you can play a superior game and lose, when it comes to a game like this. The jury may be made up of a bunch of lunatics, but they are the final decisions makers on who's game was superior. Even if you think the jury made a "personal" decision rather than a game-play decision, that just shows that Dan went too far in his game-play and pushed the jury into making a personal decision. No matter how I try to look at it, I just can't see the loser of BB being the superior player. It isn't possible, IMO.
    What about Danielle (Season 2?)? She ONLY lost because they showed evicted HGs her DR sessions in which she trashed them...that wasn't game play--that was a royal screw job by the production team (which is why HGs are now not allowed to discuss their DR sessions and now record good-bye messages to evicted HGs).
    NeverGetGot likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I was very surprised by the ending. I thought Dan was going to win Big Brother and Ian would win fan favorite. When Ian won, I thought could he possibly win fan favorite, too? Or was the result going to be opposite of what I thought, with Ian winning BB and Dan winning fan favorite. I never expected Frank to be fan favorite. That came out of left field.

Frank's not favorite of mine but that doesn't matter. I'm happy that Ian won.

Danielle is about the biggest r***** to play the game. Despite all Dan did to her throughout the game, she still voted for him in the end. Pathetic. Thank goodness she didn't make final two. She did nothing but ride Dan's coattails all the way to the end.

I thought it was totally stupid of Ian and Danielle to throw parts of the last HOH challenge because Dan asked them to. Ian is lucky that didn't come back to bite him on the butt.

Ian had a great final speech to the jury. I don't know if that's what won it for him but it certainly impressed me.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 09-22-2012 at 07:58 AM. Reason: bad word
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

FORT Regular

I have to disagree with everyone that says Dan played such a great game. The goal is to get to the final two WITHOUT having the jury hate you. Dan failed miserably at that...Ian succeeded at that. For someone that thinks ahead so much, Dan didn't seem to think beyond the final two. Danielle thought she was being noble by sticking to her promise to vote for Dan. But with her being the ONLY ONE that voted for Dan, she ended up looking like a fool one last time. I think when she watches the season back, she will regret voting for Dan. I think she is going to be STUNNED at some of the things Dan said in the DR and to the other houseguests. Ian also is going to be shocked when he watches the season back. Although he won't be TOO mad...he'll still be counting his money.

If the goal to win is get to final 2 with everyone liking you in order to win...well then I don't think any prior winner has actually done that with the jury as a whole, with the possible exception of Lisa.

Sometimes jury members are able to look back at game and remove their personal feelings on how they were eliminated and vote for the person that did dupe them.

I don't think being likable should be a necessary for winning. FWIW, if likable is the criteria for winning I guess I would have to give it to Shane as looking back he is the only one who was duplicitous.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by brycola View Post
    I have to disagree with everyone that says Dan played such a great game. The goal is to get to the final two WITHOUT having the jury hate you.
    Two words refute your theory: Evil Dick!!
    Rattus likes this.

Dan probably had the game, but once his ego came out during questioning and the fact that he gave Ian something of his grandfather's to seal an F2 deal, the jury really turned on him--even Jenn who he shamelessly hustled during her vote!
    Neither Ian or Danielle would have made it to the end if it wasnt for some moves on Dan's part, yet Ian came off as more likable and maybe that's what the jury valued this year.
    I havent read all the messages in this thread yet, but did anyone think Dan threw that final HOH so he wouldnt have to evict Dani and still get her vote? (it worked)
    kelly54 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I agree that the grandfather's chain is what ruined it for Dan. It is interesting that mention of that only came about because Danielle brought up her deal with Dan to Ian. We all know that she was confused and hurt by Dan, unsure of how much she could trust him. Clearly she brought up her deal with Dan not to get at Ian, but to find out from Ian whether or not Dan had a deal with both of them. She got her answer, and lost the game for Dan. Sure it could be said that Dan lost the game by lying to Danielle and using her too often. But if he had not lied to get Shane out, then he would not have been in the final two. So it may have lost him $500,000. But it made him $50,000 which is still much better than Danielle did!

These HGs were dumber than a bag of hammers & allowed themselves to be drug by the nose all season by Dan. As I mentioned earlier, just because you have stupid HGs doesn't mean Dan played a particularly outstanding game. I think Ian deserved the win, but even he was believing Dan until the last HoH, which Ian refused to throw. Did anyone notice Dani at the end? She was really in Shane's face who wasn't exactly responding.
    kelly54 likes this.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

FORT Newbie

Bitter, party of 7, you're table is ready!

People who live in glass houses...... I can lie, cheat and steal, but if you do, you're a horrible person. Don't these idiots think that Dan talked to his wife and family prior to coming in the house and told them that he would be swearing on them A LOT and about the Bible thing, who cares - it's a game and they all just can't except the fact that they were duped!
    Jupiter, AmyKay, kelly54 and 1 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread