+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 9/16 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 9/16 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Why is it wrong for people on reality shows to want the money? Isn't that why they're there?? I don't understand about strong players being criticized for being "greedy". If anything, I question why the people who aren't there for the money are there. I assume they're there to get fame, make friends, or create drama. Personally, I would rather have all the players be there to win and put forth their best effort to get it. It would be boring if they all rolled over and let the one greedy player take it.
    I assume thery are all there for the money. But, Dan is the one who brought a bible to the house knowing that the bible criticizes greed.... yet Dan refused to discuss the topic. Dan isn't strong: he's ruthless. Ian is trying to win by being loyal to an alliance that he thinks he's in. Dan is trying to win with lies, manipulation and backstabbing.

FORT Fogey

But isn't Dan only being greedy if he wins the money, and holds on to all of it himself? If he wins it, and gives away half of it to charities, then isn't he abiding by some of the messages in his bible?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    But isn't Dan only being greedy if he wins the money, and holds on to all of it himself? If he wins it, and gives away half of it to charities, then isn't he abiding by some of the messages in his bible?
    I read that the winner of Big Brother keeps $375,000 of the money. I don't know if Dan donated any of "his" $375,000... or if whatever he donated to charity was money that would have gone to the government as taxes. He also promoted the books that he wrote to millions of viewers. Does he really "need" money?

FORT Newbie

I really think that Dan deserves to win this game. I know people will say that he has already won once but hey, he is still there so good on him!! I don't necessarily believe that what is portrayed in the house is an absolute reflection of who they are outside the house. Dan manipulate and lies in the game, but I think no less of who he may be outside of the house. It's a game with a goal..to stay in as long as possible. He is doing just that. Others are letting him. He motivates, he manipulates, he makes deal, he sometimes goes back on them, he's social, friendly, keeps quiet and to himself when he feels the need and keeps his emotoins in check. He's the master!
    Arielflies likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianChick View Post
    I really think that Dan deserves to win this game. I know people will say that he has already won once but hey, he is still there so good on him!! I don't necessarily believe that what is portrayed in the house is an absolute reflection of who they are outside the house. Dan manipulate and lies in the game, but I think no less of who he may be outside of the house. It's a game with a goal..to stay in as long as possible. He is doing just that. Others are letting him. He motivates, he manipulates, he makes deal, he sometimes goes back on them, he's social, friendly, keeps quiet and to himself when he feels the need and keeps his emotoins in check. He's the master!
    Dan is "social and friendly" to the other houseguests because, for voting purposes, he wants to fool them into thinking of him as the friendly guy... and not as someone who ruthlessly backstabbed them. Also, Dan said something about what he sometimes tells his football players... he wasn't specific, but, I wonder if he crosses the line with what he tells his football players.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Dan is "social and friendly" to the other houseguests because, for voting purposes, he wants to fool them into thinking of him as the friendly guy... and not as someone who ruthlessly backstabbed them. Also, Dan said something about what he sometimes tells his football players... he wasn't specific, but, I wonder if he crosses the line with what he tells his football players.
    He uses football strategies in his BB game. as well as what he's learned playing chess. He observes people, and he figures out what to say to them to get them to want to do what he needs. Not merely to do what he wants, but he gets them to WANT to do it for him.

I imagine that crosses over to football -- different kids have different minds and temperaments, so he has to size each one up and deal with each of them in a way that will produce results on the field from all of them.

It's none of my business what he does with the money, just like it would be nobody's business what I did with the money if I won it. I don't feel the need (nor place) to judge him, even though I wasn't as entertained by him and his overkill-style playing this time around. Ultimately I want Ian to win, but Dan has certainly made this season more interesting.
    Allie likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    He uses football strategies in his BB game. as well as what he's learned playing chess. He observes people, and he figures out what to say to them to get them to want to do what he needs. Not merely to do what he wants, but he gets them to WANT to do it for him. I imagine that crosses over to football -- different kids have different minds and temperaments, so he has to size each one up and deal with each of them in a way that will produce results on the field from all of them. It's none of my business what he does with the money, just like it would be nobody's business what I did with the money if I won it. I don't feel the need (nor place) to judge him, even though I wasn't as entertained by him and his overkill-style playing this time around. Ultimately I want Ian to win, but Dan has certainly made this season more interesting.
    After Dan evicted Shane, Dan said to Danielle, "As a football coach, sometimes I have to do stuff to my players that I don't like, but it gets the results that we need.... That's it. We're done. There's no more antics I can pull." So, is Dan saying that sometimes he treats the football players the same way that he treated Danielle? In other words, does Dan lie to his players to win a game... just like he lied to Danielle about why he wanted to get off the block? Anything to win a football game/anything to win the Big Brother game... Dan observes people for the purpose of using/manipulating them for his own personal gain.
    Allie likes this.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    After Dan evicted Shane, Dan said to Danielle, "As a football coach, sometimes I have to do stuff to my players that I don't like, but it gets the results that we need.... That's it. We're done. There's no more antics I can pull." So, is Dan saying that sometimes he treats the football players the same way that he treated Danielle? In other words, does Dan lie to his players to win a game... just like he lied to Danielle about why he wanted to get off the block? Anything to win a football game/anything to win the Big Brother game... Dan observes people for the purpose of using/manipulating them for his own personal gain.
    ummmm...I'm pretty sure he wasn't speaking in the literal sense of meaning that he lies and manipulate his players. I took it to mean that sometimes you to have to make difficult calls or push people to get the best from them, etc. There are any number of ways to apply that without drawing the conclusion that he lies and manipulates his players. So far as the "anything to win the Big Brother game" comment, he still hasn't been a nasty player like many who have gone before him. The majority of people who have played this game have found it necessary to play "dirty" to get very far in the game and the majority have great difficulty not making and taking it personally. Dan has made some brutal moves this season, but even with those brutal moves he has NOT been nasty to or about other players nor has he made it personal. This is a game of social manipulation and deceit. It would be great to see someone win it again as Dan did the first time. He was able to play a kinder game, however, make no mistake he manipulated then as well. In THIS GAME "Dan observes people for the purpose of using/manipulating them for his personal gain" as did EVERYONE else in the house. Dan is just much better at it. We cannot judge what Dan does with people outside of this game without having first hand knowledge. This is a game! I would imagine that contestants generally treat people differently outside of this game when they aren't constantly having to consider game play strategies. Everyone playing this game was playing for personal gain. Whether Dan "needs" the money or not, and what he does with any money he wins is no more pertinent than with anyone else who is playing.
    Hyper, sparklete and CanadianChick like this.

Dan plays this game so well. I hope he wins. Afterall... Nobody went into the house to lose!!!

FORT Fogey

More of what Dan said to Danielle after he evicted Shane... Dan said, "I'm trying to get you to the money. I came here for one reason: to coach someone to half a million dollars." Danielle said, "I should have known. I should have known." (Dan is grinning). ... Danielle said to Dan, "You can tell a lie amazingly. It's almost a gift." Dan said, "It's not a very good gift to have." Danielle said, (about Dan's lying), "You've got it to an art." Dan said, "I'm not proud of it." But, while he was telling Danielle his ability to easily lie wasn't a good gift, and that he wasn't proud of it... he looked pleased with himself. I think Dan IS proud of his ability to lie.
    Allie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12