+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 9/13 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

dancing through life TheIrishEyes's Avatar

9/13 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion in here until 1AM ET / 10PM PT.

No live feed spoilers please! If you watch the live feeds and wish to discuss the show without avoiding spoilers, a discussion thread is also open in the Live Feeds forum here.

Enjoy the show!

Threads in this forum will reopen after the west coast airing of the show.
    Allie likes this.
    Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide

Re: 9/13 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I really liked Dan on his first season. This time around I can't stand him. While I was hoping Ian would win, I hate to see him bring Dan to the end and I doubt Dan would bring Ian since he probably thinks he could beat Dani easier.

At this point, I'm not so sure there will be enough folks that could let go of their anger long enough to give Dan the nod so maybe he will lose no matter what. I know I wouldn't vote for him.
    Last edited by ilja; 09-13-2012 at 10:18 PM.

A lot of people think Dan has made the show more fun to watch, and I'm so glad that Ian was spared today, but I just can't stand Dan's gameplay otherwise. It kind of makes me mad that every one of them falls for it over and over. I hope Ian wins the next HOH and realizes his best move is to take out his partner. Danielle is just a puppet and should not win.

Quote Originally Posted by sugargoose View Post
    A lot of people think Dan has made the show more fun to watch, and I'm so glad that Ian was spared today, but I just can't stand Dan's gameplay otherwise. It kind of makes me mad that every one of them falls for it over and over. I hope Ian wins the next HOH and realizes his best move is to take out his partner. Danielle is just a puppet and should not win.
    That's just it. Ian is Dan's puppet as well the way he's been doing everything Dan suggests.
    Dragonlady likes this.

Which makes Dan a great BB player. Now, both his protege and his wannabe are in the final three. He has final two deals with each of them so either, if they don't wise up, could take him to the second chair whether he "wins" the right to be there or not. He's fought back from elimination, not with yelling and name calling, but smooth argument...e.g. telling Danielle that she will have clean jury hands if he is the one to vote off Ian. Of course, his true intent was to vote off Shane and when Danielle took him off the block (foolish girl) that is what happened.

I don't fault him the back stabbing or deviousness this season. It is what he's had to do.
    Dragonlady and sparklete like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by sugargoose View Post
    Two words on the falling for it over and over...

Will Kirby.

Everyone knew he lied, and everyone knew he was sneaky - yet they kept him in. And he won.

I think people tend to forget that though, but right now I see Dan as doing gameplay, nothing more, nothing less and I respect it even if I don't always agree with it (same with Will and a couple of other players over the years). Now, if he pulls a Mike Boogie and keeps this attitude out of the house? - yeah, I'll joing the choir.

Afterall - Jenn even saw it as such based on her interview a couple of days ago.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And, extra points to Will, Will even did it wearing a t-shirt that said, I'm lying to you!

Great blindside of both Dani and Shane, and from his response, even Ian. But if I were Chelsea after watching all this slick lying? I'd be checking any of Dan's "alibis" triply.

FORT Regular

I think Dan is one of the scumiest (is that a word?) players to ever play BB. But...if the others are too naive (or stupid) to see what a dirtbag he is, then they get what they deserve. I wanted to vomit when Dan was giving his speech to Danielle about how he was ONLY playing so she could win. I thought that not only made HER look stupid for believing it, but made HIM look stupid for saying something that rediculous. If he ONLY was playing for her to win, she should have asked him that if he won, would he give her the money! I didn't like Dan in his first season...that church boy crap doesn't work for me. But this season he went to the other extreme. I just hope they don't bring him back...I've had enough of that dude.

"But if I were Chelsea after watching all this slick lying? I'd be checking any of Dan's "alibis" triply."

I agree completely. People on these shows always say "I'm not like this in real life". But I don't buy that. From my experience, people are who they are. If you're a good liar in the game, then you're a good liar PERIOD! I remember Jeff Probst asking Russell Hantz if he was a jerk in real life like he was on Survivor (not an exact quote there), and Russell said no. Then it was only a few months later that Russell was arrested in a bar brawl. And with Dan, the religious types that like to preech that stuff so much are usually the ones that don't actually practice it. So yeah...Dan's wife better find out his email password and check up on him.
    Last edited by brycola; 09-14-2012 at 09:33 AM.

I think that Dan made a really bad decision last night by voting out Shane. If Ian makes it to the final 2 with Dan, Ian will win. If Shane had, Dan would have won. I don't really get his reasoning at all. Dan had much more swaying power over Danielle than Shane did, so I don't know why he felt the need to vote him out. I'll be curious about Danielle's reaction. Maybe Dan will be able to continue the mist, but for the first time, I thought he made a bad move last night.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I think that Dan made a really bad decision last night by voting out Shane. If Ian makes it to the final 2 with Dan, Ian will win. If Shane had, Dan would have won. I don't really get his reasoning at all. Dan had much more swaying power over Danielle than Shane did, so I don't know why he felt the need to vote him out. I'll be curious about Danielle's reaction. Maybe Dan will be able to continue the mist, but for the first time, I thought he made a bad move last night.
    if they all go to the jury house with the Dan screwed me over`mantra`, I dont know how thats going to work for him.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast