+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 9/13 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 9/13 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

please get rid of dan. i want dumb ass danielle and ian in the final two bc i want ian to win, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    if they all go to the jury house with the Dan screwed me over`mantra`, I dont know how thats going to work for him.
    I thought it was a bad move too. I think he just lost the game. If he was sitting beside either Dani or Shane he wins - easily. I don't think he can beat Ian (not that he shouldn't - just that he won't). And now I don't think he'll beat Dani with Shane out there - a lot of Dan hate in the jury house.

The only way it can make sense is if he didn't like his odds to make the F2 with Dani and Shane. I assume Shane would rather sit next to Dani and I think after the date he may be feeling that Dani would take Shane. So if he doesn't win the last challenge he isn't even in the F2 to win it. BUT - now even if he makes the F2 I don't think he will win it. That sure was crazy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by brycola View Post
    I think Dan is one of the scumiest (is that a word?) players to ever play BB. But...if the others are too naive (or stupid) to see what a dirtbag he is, then they get what they deserve. I wanted to vomit when Dan was giving his speech to Danielle about how he was ONLY playing so she could win. I thought that not only made HER look stupid for believing it, but made HIM look stupid for saying something that rediculous. If he ONLY was playing for her to win, she should have asked him that if he won, would he give her the money! I didn't like Dan in his first season...that church boy crap doesn't work for me. But this season he went to the other extreme. I just hope they don't bring him back...I've had enough of that dude. "But if I were Chelsea after watching all this slick lying? I'd be checking any of Dan's "alibis" triply." I agree completely. People on these shows always say "I'm not like this in real life". But I don't buy that. From my experience, people are who they are. If you're a good liar in the game, then you're a good liar PERIOD! I remember Jeff Probst asking Russell Hantz if he was a jerk in real life like he was on Survivor (not an exact quote there), and Russell said no. Then it was only a few months later that Russell was arrested in a bar brawl. And with Dan, the religious types that like to preech that stuff so much are usually the ones that don't actually practice it. So yeah...Dan's wife better find out his email password and check up on him.
    Scummy means despicable, contemptible. So Dan thinks people will be impressed at how easily he lies... or doesn't he care what people think of him?

FORT Regular

I think it's yucky to even insinuate that Dan is a philanderer just because he lies in a game. As I stated, it's a game. It'd be stupider for Dan not to play to win or to play so that a southern airhead with no brain in her head could win. Talk about an unworthy winner.

Dan did what anyone with sense would: have two people in the final three who would take him to the end. If he had kept Shane, Shane and Danielle would've kept each other. Her reaction upon Shane's leaving proved it.

They keep giving him too much power. Can't blame him for taking it.

I just hope Dan goes all out when he faces the jury against Dani (if it happens). I hope he straight up says, "How can you vote for my dumb little puppet whom I made a COMPLETE FOOL Of over me?" Isn't it an insult to the game to have someone so naive and easily led win?

I dont think Dan is a philander, although seeing my husband lie so easily, might give me pause for concern. Nothing wrong in thinking that. I dont think Dan needs to hurt Danielle anymore, or publicly humiliate her by saying things like 'dumb little puppet'.Even if I thought he played well, he would lose my vote with that little speech.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fanatic

Best blindside ever!!!!

I've posted the show recap in the Thurs thread. Unfortunately, the uploader at photobucket is on the fritz, but I'll try to add the photos later.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Not meaning to imply that Dan IS a philanderer, or a gambler or anything else that Chelsea might not like....just joking really. But on the serious side...seeing how well he lies would make ME nervous (if I were her) if I ever had any reason to doubt anything he said. How would she ever know? We can only hope, for her sake, that either the occasion never arises or that he can't lie that well to HER face.

I think Dan really worried about whether he could beat Shane in a physical competition. And that if Shane won the final HoH he'd take Dani not Dan (which I'm pretty sure he would have--we haven't seen Dan mist Shane directly as far as I recall, he always goes through Dani, so I don't think he could have convinced Shane to take him over Dani).
    Last edited by PWS; 09-15-2012 at 03:20 PM.

What I find reprehensible in Dan's game is that he lies using his wife/daughter's name, bible, and whatever he believes the other person will find honorable. It can back fire in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Which makes Dan a great BB player. Now, both his protege and his wannabe are in the final three. He has final two deals with each of them so either, if they don't wise up, could take him to the second chair whether he "wins" the right to be there or not. He's fought back from elimination, not with yelling and name calling, but smooth argument
    I don't fault him the back stabbing or deviousness this season. It is what he's had to do.
    ITA (bolded).
    I'm so lousy at being a strategist, but even I can see that Dan is doing exactly what you have to do to win this type of game. And we have to remember that all of his extrememly offensive underhanded despicable nasty horrible ways are what is needed to win. It's not how to behave in Real Life and that's why some get upset about it.

Big Brother can just be a silly little study of human behavior involving "good vs evil," and us viewers get caught up in how people act. Just like we have with other shows, movies, plays, even long ago, and will continue to in the future, with whatever little show occasionally "shocks" us.

I almost forgot to add: that I'm puzzled by Ian....others have said he's Dan's puppet/protege and I can see that but he's so crazy intelligent that it leaves me wondering if he's just "playing" that way due to his own strategy and he has his "Plan." But being so young,impressionable, I could see him allowing Dan to win, blinded by his admiration of him.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 09-16-2012 at 01:11 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast