+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 9/9 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

9/9 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion in here until 12AM ET / 11PM CT.

No live feed spoilers please! If you watch the live feeds and wish to discuss the show without avoiding spoilers, a discussion thread is also open in the Live Feeds forum here.

Enjoy the show!

Threads in this forum will reopen after the west coast airing of the show.

Due to US Open tennis, BB start time will be delayed by 33 minutes in the East & Central time zones.
    Last edited by TheIrishEyes; 09-09-2012 at 07:48 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Newbie

Re: 9/9 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Can you believe how good Dan is? It is unreal.

He has relationships with everyone but Shane.

Ian, Danielle, Jenn-- they all focus on him exclusively.
    Ian is deluded by his stardom and fake alliance. "Death before dishonour" indeed.
    Danielle is deluded by his "brother"/"coach"-quality.
    Jenn is deluded because she has noone else and because she's an idiot.

Last eviction, Ian should've teamed with Jenn to get _Danielle_ out. Can't
    Ian see all Danielle is is a mini-Dan? Couldn't he see that whatever
    relationship he (Ian) has with Danielle, it's not closer than the relationships she
    has with Shane, her boyfriend, or Dan, her mentor/coach/sith lord. That alone should
    have made it _easy_ to boot Danielle. Shows how brilliant Dan is.

And then Dan gets out of being put on the block. Amazing.
    Dan makes it look so easy.

Although, he did screw up by not putting Shane up, I think.
    Joe was a complete waste at competitions. It will be interesting
    if Dan's allowing Danielle to sway him on not putting Shane up
    comes back to bite him.
    Arielflies and Cootie like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by petzl View Post
    Can you believe how good Dan is? It is unreal. He has relationships with everyone but Shane. Ian, Danielle, Jenn-- they all focus on him exclusively. Ian is deluded by his stardom and fake alliance. "Death before dishonour" indeed. Danielle is deluded by his "brother"/"coach"-quality. Jenn is deluded because she has noone else and because she's an idiot. Last eviction, Ian should've teamed with Jenn to get _Danielle_ out. Can't Ian see all Danielle is is a mini-Dan? Couldn't he see that whatever relationship he (Ian) has with Danielle, it's not closer than the relationships she has with Shane, her boyfriend, or Dan, her mentor/coach/sith lord. That alone should have made it _easy_ to boot Danielle. Shows how brilliant Dan is. And then Dan gets out of being put on the block. Amazing. Dan makes it look so easy. Although, he did screw up by not putting Shane up, I think. Joe was a complete waste at competitions. It will be interesting if Dan's allowing Danielle to sway him on not putting Shane up comes back to bite him.
    Dan is brilliant? Well, he's manipulative and ruthless. He's taking advantage of Ian's trusting nature, for example... anything for the money... which is getting closer and closer. I don't "admire" how Dan ruthlessly uses other player's weaknesses. He's playing a ruthless, selfish game to win the cash, but I don't admire his qualities. Admiration is something that I feel for those who help the less fortunate.
    Florimel likes this.

Several episodes ago my husband said that Dan was a sociopath. I am agreeing more and more. Yes you have to play the game to win the money but he is so good at the mind game portion that I am kind of grossed out by how easy it seems.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

If I was Ian, instead of debating whether to put up Shane or Dan, I would have put up both of them. Then they could have played for veto and whoever won could be replaced with Jenn. I guess I can understand why he didn't do that, though. Whoever didn't get voted out would be coming after him the following week.

I didn't think much of Dan at the beginning of the game. He just seemed to be coasting but he's been working his strategy lately.

At this point, I want Ian to win. I haven't really cared much about this season but I like him.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Several episodes ago my husband said that Dan was a sociopath. I am agreeing more and more. Yes you have to play the game to win the money but he is so good at the mind game portion that I am kind of grossed out by how easy it seems.
    I dont like anyone that can lie as easily as Dan. Way way too easy for him

I think Ian is great, its a shame he doesn't listen to his gut and put Dan up!!! Get rid of the last coach. I have no time for the other players The F2/F3 should include Ian imnsho
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I also think that Dan is a sociopath. I've felt that way ever since the episode where Dan intentionally hurt Danielle's feelings to "save" her, then lied to Frank on the bible. Dan seems to lie too easily. Maybe if the cameras weren't there recording everything he says and does, he'd be even more ruthless, if that's possible. I don't think Dan has to "work" to be successful at this game.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I also think that Dan is a sociopath. I've felt that way ever since the episode where Dan intentionally hurt Danielle's feelings to "save" her, then lied to Frank on the bible. Dan seems to lie too easily. Maybe if the cameras weren't there recording everything he says and does, he'd be even more ruthless, if that's possible. I don't think Dan has to "work" to be successful at this game.
    This seems a bit extreme. It is just a game. He is not in a court of law, cheating on his wife, etc.

I always laugh when people (typically the survivor jury portions) get so bent out of shape - I see how it can happen - when you spend that much time with someone in that type of stressful environment - you think these people are your friends, etc. I get that. But it is a game - you have to keep that in mind when "playing". Not saying feelings aren't going to get hurt - but as they say "Don't hate the Player, hate the game" (((steps off soapbox)))
    biggbaddgirl likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by malthus View Post
    This seems a bit extreme. It is just a game. He is not in a court of law, cheating on his wife, etc. I always laugh when people (typically the survivor jury portions) get so bent out of shape - I see how it can happen - when you spend that much time with someone in that type of stressful environment - you think these people are your friends, etc. I get that. But it is a game - you have to keep that in mind when "playing". Not saying feelings aren't going to get hurt - but as they say "Don't hate the Player, hate the game" (((steps off soapbox)))
    Dan "plays the game" so well because he's being himself.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Dan "plays the game" so well because he's being himself.
    I'll have to take your word for it. Don't know him personally and didn't watch his previous season.

He seems to have ramped up the intensity the last few episodes but to me Dan just looks like he is playing the game. Hard. Just seems like he is a good actor. I don't actually think Anthony Hopkins eats people.
    Hyper likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast